becoming old is surreal

radicalrationalist

radicalrationalist

Educator
you live your teens, 20s, and even low 30s almost in a state of perpetual denial. every once in awhile the idea of death might intrude and you might feel icky for a few minutes, but then your mind moves on to other things. you've never known senescence, you've never known frailty, and all health problems come with the expectation that you will get better soon. you feel like youth can last forever. age 5 to 10 feels like a lifetime compared to your perception of time from ages 12 to 17. with the benefit of non existent mortality salience plus religious/spiritual delusions coloring your perception of reality, you feel almost a sense of invincibility, it's probably the best mindset one can exist under. late teens to mid 20s is when you start to reflect on your life so far, how much time was lost, what you want to do in life, you start questioning the nature of reality, the concepts of afterlife, the implications of death and immortality. but you're still young, you have all the time in the world to figure things out. no time to waste, too busing prioritizing looks and money and trying to have sex.

then 30s come and it's more of the same, but you still haven't figured it all out yet. if you're not settled down with wife and kids, and gainful employment at this point, it's likely that you are too high sentience/non nt, and have been selected out of the gene pool. soon after your 40s arrive, and the realization slowly sets in. the incantation of "age is just a number" doesn't stop your bones from losing density, your skin from losing collagen, your heart from weakening, your muscles from atrophying, your metabolism from slowing, and your mind from declining. you are now officially old. but instead of feeling like you've lived a lifetime, you feel like 5 years old was only yesterday. "but i was still young yesterday" you think to yourself :feelswah:

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: TsarTsar444, Debetro, datboijj and 11 others
I know what the frailty is, I know what the fear is. The fear is not for what is lost, for what is lost is already behind locked doors. The fear is for what is still to be lost.

• Woah
Reactions: yayatourer
JFL if you think I want to gain full employment. I'm going to work part-time only.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: wsada, TechnoBoss and Sergeant
I’m in my rotting 20s.

Fr I miss when years seemed like a lifetime

I swear when I was a kid 1 year felt like 5 nowadays

Idk why this shit got so fast even tho we’d sleep early n shit

• +1
Reactions: EggKing, datboijj, wsada and 2 others
you live your teens, 20s, and even low 30s almost in a state of perpetual denial. every once in awhile the idea of death might intrude and you might feel icky for a few minutes, but then your mind moves on to other things. you've never known senescence, you've never known frailty, and all health problems come with the expectation that you will get better soon. you feel like youth can last forever. age 5 to 10 feels like a lifetime compared to your perception of time from ages 12 to 17. with the benefit of non existent mortality salience plus religious/spiritual delusions coloring your perception of reality, you feel almost a sense of invincibility, it's probably the best mindset one can exist under. late teens to mid 20s is when you start to reflect on your life so far, how much time was lost, what you want to do in life, you start questioning the nature of reality, the concepts of afterlife, the implications of death and immortality. but you're still young, you have all the time in the world to figure things out. no time to waste, too busing prioritizing looks and money and trying to have sex.

then 30s come and it's more of the same, but you still haven't figured it all out yet. if you're not settled down with wife and kids, and gainful employment at this point, it's likely that you are too high sentience/non nt, and have been selected out of the gene pool. soon after your 40s arrive, and the realization slowly sets in. the incantation of "age is just a number" doesn't stop your bones from losing density, your skin from losing collagen, your heart from weakening, your muscles from atrophying, your metabolism from slowing, and your mind from declining. you are now officially old. but instead of feeling like you've lived a lifetime, you feel like 5 years old was only yesterday. "but i was still young yesterday" you think to yourself :feelswah:
Very hard pill to swallow, but most normies at least had a good childhood, I didn’t have that, I’m 19 and have absolutely nothing to show for it, I have no future, no good grades, can’t get into good uni and make good money, it’s fucking over for me, why tf was I born just to be like this

• So Sad
Reactions: Costcosuperstore
Tbh this thread is legit. When ur in ur mid teens those are the best times

After that time becomes ur enemy and ur afraid ur wasting ur life

• +1
Reactions: EggKing, Costcosuperstore and tombradylover
This is the culmination of Jewish programming, the relativist nihilist's holy truth.

• Ugh..
Reactions: EggKing
JFL if you think I want to gain full employment. I'm going to work part-time only.
if you don't make it by a certain age it doesn't matter anyway, you will just have to accept you will never be a millionaire.

living 5 blissful years as a coping npc is better than living 500 years with high sentience. with the former you are always looking forward to the next day, with the latter you are dreading the loss of every waking second.

if you don't make it by a certain age it doesn't matter anyway, you will just have to accept you will never be a millionaire.
I don't want to be a millionaire, so that helps. I just want enough to live comfortably. Wageslaving 5 days/week is anything but comfortable or ideal to me.

• +1
Reactions: TechnoBoss
why does it feel like nothing happened between 2010 and 2020?

This is the culmination of Jewish programming, the relativist nihilist's holy truth.
>This is the culmination of Jewish programming, the relativist nihilist's holy truth.

Fr I miss when years seemed like a lifetime

I swear when I was a kid 1 year felt like 5 nowadays

Idk why this shit got so fast even tho we’d sleep early n shit
It’s because time is relative. If you are two years old 1 year is half of your life so it will seem longer than 1 year if you are 25 or whatever.

• +1
Reactions: tombradylover
Very hard pill to swallow, but most normies at least had a good childhood, I didn’t have that, I’m 19 and have absolutely nothing to show for it, I have no future, no good grades, can’t get into good uni and make good money, it’s fucking over for me, why tf was I born just to be like this
Same except you said you were 6'5'' so i completely reject your statement and i hijack it as my own

• +1
Reactions: <6PSLcel
Same except you said you were 6'5'' so i completely reject your statement and i hijack it as my own
He has a habit of larping as trucel even though he's 6'5.
The oldpill is broooooooooooooooooooooootal

I only realized that time is running past me at 24-25 tbh

it's surreal how time unaware I've been up until that point

Speak for yourself, I'm going to a Slayer when I'm 50.

Senoytics, NAD+ Precursors, Fasting Induced Autophagy, Daily Red light therapy, Researched Nutrition, and staying up with the latest Aging Science. +Daily Collagen Supplementation, ECGC, and I'd have the check the rest of my stack.

20231028_Hackett_Wellwear_AW23_10_2539_FINAL_sRGB.jpg.jpg
jared-leto-13.jpg

HT-negan-walking-dead-jef-161026_16x9_992.jpg

jeffrey-dean-morgan-los-angeles-ca-june-actor-world-premiere-ant-man-dolby-theatre-hollywood-172966906.jpg

Last edited:
  • JFL
Reactions: Debetro
Speak for yourself, I'm going to a Slayer when I'm 50.

Senoytics, NAD+ Precursors, Fasting Induced Autophagy, Daily Red light therapy, Researched Nutrition, and staying up with the latest Aging Science. +Daily Collagen Supplementation, ECGC, and I'd have the check the rest of my stack.

20231028_Hackett_Wellwear_AW23_10_2539_FINAL_sRGB.jpg.jpg
jared-leto-13.jpg

HT-negan-walking-dead-jef-161026_16x9_992.jpg

jeffrey-dean-morgan-los-angeles-ca-june-actor-world-premiere-ant-man-dolby-theatre-hollywood-172966906.jpg
Negan looks so good

• +1
Reactions: noodlelover
Very true, every old person says that time flies and it's for a reason.