Extremely brutal time perception pill (HALF of your life is over at 20)

AlexAP

AlexAP

Kraken
Imagine you live until 80, in that case the middle part of your life was at 40, right? Not at all. The time perception pill is brutal.

The more you age, the faster time goes by in your psychological perception. When you are 8 years old, 1 year feels like a very long time. At 60, it feels like nothing. When you are 80 years old, the middle part of your life, from a psychological perception, was not 40, but 20.

00v

(This would be true even if we take away the first 5 years of your life.)

There are scientific studies that show that the strongest memories that people at very old age (around 80) have are the memories from their late teens and early 20s. This has deep implications for your life: You are what you were in high school and college. Your inner self will stay the same after your formative years. And TIME WILL FLY BY LIKE CRAZY. If you think time goes by fast in your 20s, wait until your 30s, 40s, 50s ...

00nyt

00n

But Neil Armstrong went to the moon when he was 39, right? So his memories of when he was 39 are stronger than his memories from his teens, right? Gigacope. Even Armstrong has stronger memories from his teens and early 20s than when he was 39. Only the public knows about him when he was 39. In his mind, his formative years still felt more intense. This means that even if you achieve great things later in life, your self-esteem and happiness will still depend on your formative years.

The time perception pill is brutal.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • So Sad
  • Woah
Reactions: polishcel, chawaje, horizontallytall and 59 others
I remember watching that vsauce video, i dont even remember how many years ago it was, thats how fast it went

• +1
  • JFL
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 21863, Yerico7, SubhumanCurrycel and 11 others
incel feels time fly by in the blink of an eye

chad's life is full of exhilarating joy, everyday is an adventure

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 21863, LampPostPrime and 29 others
I feel sick

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 21863, LampPostPrime and 14 others
  • +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing, Chadeep, Baldingman1998 and 3 others
what can be done about this

Most Chads live their youth to the fullest and then settle down early, so even they will perceive time to go by faster after their early 20s.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall and Solidcoin
They say u need 2 make sure to constantly add novelty to your life so that every day is different and new. I think it’s legit. Ever since I started wagecucking every god damn day is the same and it’s like the last 2 years melted into one day.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: horizontallytall, Deleted member 21863, Yerico7 and 10 others
What withers away kings and turns mountains into dust?

• +1
Reactions: Mewton, Sny, Marsiere214 and 1 other person
It's on my mind all day, I know I need to act now because my (perceived) time is limited

Must stop rotting and try to do something meaningful within this short window...
Time is the biggest thing against me and most people

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Yerico7, LampPostPrime and 7 others
You can't really do something about this. But obviously, your life at any age will feel better if you have success in dating, career or if you have good friends and hobbys, however life will still go by faster the more you age. Even many great artists still have low self-esteem because of bad formative years.

• +1
Reactions: Yerico7 and SubhumanCurrycel
I think this Is bullshit. 1 year Is 1 year of you become a senile fuck Is another story

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15338
I think this Is bullshit. 1 year Is 1 year of you become a senile fuck Is another story
It's not about when you become senile, time starts to go by faster way earlier.

• +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime and Mongrelcel
I feel like the years just go by faster and faster tbh. I’m turning 21 and years after 2015 especially has especially gone by quicker and quicker each year. If it goes fast now then imagine how fast it will go in 20-30 years. Even my boomer parents and silent gen grandparents say it often. You don’t make new memories anymore as an adult, and your perception of the world is different, so it makes sense that time perception is off. An example of this is how I was born in 2001, but the early 2000s feels like an eternity ago (even though I still have memories of that time), but the early 2010s doesn’t feel long ago, but it’s the same time span between the early 00s and early 10s, as the 10s to the early 2020s.

I can only think that spending my formative developing years in isolation, depression and spite is just gonna stick with me for the rest of my life

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: horizontallytall, Yerico7, Mewton and 18 others
Fuck it I’ll do lots of psychedelics as the last cope to undo the damage of my tormented formative years, doesn’t matter if they trigger schizophrenia at this point

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Melo95, Mewton, coping ethnic and 2 others
no offense but i'm not reading this, the only thing that matters is focusing on the now not what the future holds

• +1
Reactions: DianabolDownie
no offense but i'm not reading this, the only thing that matters is focusing on the now not what the future holds
The message to take from this thread is literally what you said

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, LampPostPrime, Deleted member 4614 and 1 other person
I can only think that spending my formative developing years in isolation, depression and spite is just gonna stick with me for the rest of my life
It's brutal. I was such a dumbass reveling in my self-pity as a teenager and accepting my isolation + illness, as well as absence of any friends. I could have summoned up the drive to fight against what my family was doing, but I almost enjoyed watching my life becoming more pathetic.
I've brushed-off that mentality, but the damage is done, those were the greater parts of my formative years. I'm scrambling at the last moment to try and shove some experiences in and change my mentality further, but I'm still very limited with what I can do. Getting my own transportation will be the start though, that's been postponed for years.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: horizontallytall, Daydream, Paroxysm and 6 others
It's not about when you become senile, time starts to go by faster way earlier.
Time perception concept Is bullshit

Stfu you Just Do nothing with your Life like 95% of ppl that's why you have to come up with this bullshit. Ask Someone like Trump if he doesn't have Memories of his 50s

>Vsauce

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Deleted member 13787, Marsiere214 and 7 others
Ask Someone like Trump if he doesn't have Memories of his 50s
Of course he has, but his 50s still went by faster than his formative years.

Of course he has, but his 50s still went by faster than his formative years.
every year is a formative year when you have objectives
my late 20s are passing at exactly the same speed of my early 20s and teens

Imagine you live until 80, in that case the middle part of your life was at 40, right? Not at all. The time perception pill is brutal.

The more you age, the faster time goes by in your psychological perception. When you are 8 years old, 1 year feels like a very long time. At 60, it feels like nothing. When you are 80 years old, the middle part of your life, from a psychological perception, was not 40, but 20.

View attachment 1595926
(This would be true even if we take away the first 5 years of your life.)

There are scientific studies that show that the strongest memories that people at very old age (around 80) have are the memories from their late teens and early 20s. This has deep implications for your life: You are what you were in high school and college. Your inner self will stay the same after your formative years. And TIME WILL FLY BY LIKE CRAZY. If you think time goes by fast in your 20s, wait until your 30s, 40s, 50s ...

View attachment 1595937
View attachment 1595938
But Neil Armstrong went to the moon when he was 39, right? So his memories of when he was 39 are stronger than his memories from his teens, right? Gigacope. Even Armstrong has stronger memories from his teens and early 20s than when he was 39. Only the public knows about him when he was 39. In his mind, his formative years still felt more intense. This means that even if you achieve great things later in life, your self-esteem and happiness will still depend on your formative years.

The time perception pill is brutal.

Legit, this is why I’m depressed as hell, I was Chadlite in school girls loved me I was doing well I was fighting all the time. I legit peaked in YR 9-11 and sithx form but college and uni were shit for me man… I remember that time so fucking much man my teens were great sure I hated school but that was it

Not watching, seems very intuitive that time gets ‘faster’ as you age though. That’s not brutal or a hidden secret.

• +1
Reactions: Richard_Hungwell
brutal ngl
Im an abused dog
so I will forever stay that way?
damn :feelsbadman:

• So Sad
  • +1
Reactions: Mongrelcel, Mouthbreath, spark and 3 others
time and age pill is the one pill i refuse to look too deep into

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Richard_Hungwell, SendMePicsToRate and 1 other person
fuck living til im 80 and dysfunctional. I'm blowing my brains out once I hit like 55-60 or atleast doing some crazy shit to go out with a bang. Fuck waiting around to die jfl.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Paroxysm, Mewton, wollet2 and 1 other person
brutal ngl
Im an abused dog
I'm almost 22 and 18 seems like a very long time ago. I don't know. Time passing is the least of my worries tbh. I'm more worried about achieving my goals and thiñgs of that sort

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Marsiere214, wollet2, alriodai and 1 other person

You live in a world of delusion because you watch too much social media, nobody's life is perfect, but some people are in better financial situations than others.

fuck living til im 80 and dysfunctional. I'm blowing my brains out once I hit like 55-60 or atleast doing some crazy shit to go out with a bang. Fuck waiting around to die jfl.
See you on your 61st birthday

• JFL
Reactions: SendMePicsToRate, Marsiere214, Mewton and 1 other person
Gigacope. Even Armstrong has stronger memories from his teens and early 20s than when he was 39.
Did you ask him that? No? Oh, so you just made that up to fit your narrative.

It’s obvious that the most impactful event of Armstrong’s life will have stronger memories than the everyday mundane life of a teen.

This study that you posted shows one factor. That memories from our formative years stick stronger. Nobody said to deny all other factors.

Here’s another factor that plays into it:

This study shows that the brain prioritizes storing memories that are more rewarding:

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Melo95
Not watching, seems very intuitive that time gets ‘faster’ as you age though. That’s not brutal or a hidden secret.
For me it's kinda brutal that at 80, the middle part of your life will be 20. Not even 25 or 30 jfl.

brutal ngl
Im an abused dog
Theoretically, you can change your personality, that's possible, but what won't change is the intensity of your memories. You will feel like "I was a loser but managed to change my life", not like "I'm a winner."

However, that doesn't mean you will feel bad necessary, just that your younger years will still feel more intense. You will always remember very strongly where you started, no matter where you go.

It’s obvious that the most impactful event of Armstrong’s life will have stronger memories than the everyday mundane life of a teen.
Well it was HIS life, so for him it was special. Imagine that he decided to become an astronaut because of an experience he had in his youth. But any other thing that formed his character was important for him too.
Here’s another factor that plays into it:

This study shows that the brain priorities storing memories that are more rewarding:

Yeah true, of course you can mitigate the effect by having new experiences, still it won't be as special as in your younger years.

• JFL
Reactions: AlexAP
but to add to the discussion... I hardly have any intense memories at all from the last couple of years because it was pretty much the same shit 24/7. it actually feels more like being on anesthesia. like looking at a static screen. a blank period where pretty much nothing happened whatsoever. quite the opposite of intense.

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Paroxysm, Marsiere214, Deleted member 15338 and 1 other person
lmao another good excuse for weakasses to pity their lives and muh blakkpeel

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: LampPostPrime, Deleted member 15338, Deleted member 2403 and 1 other person
Yeah... Old news.

But let me just add, I'm 32, and I think about my high school days every single day, my 20s were meaningless, just like a blip

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: horizontallytall, LampPostPrime and AlexAP
It's because of routine
Your days tend to be the same boring shit
If you do different things all the time it looks like you're living more

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Richard_Hungwell, Mouthbreath and 1 other person
but to add to the discussion... I hardly have any intense memories at all from the last couple of years because it was pretty much the same shit 24/7. it actually feels more like being on anesthesia. like looking at a static screen. a blank period where pretty much nothing happened whatsoever. quite the opposite of intense.
You will have memories from this time, even if they will be from rotting.
Intense means that this time will feel longer than it was when you look back at your life later.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall
indeed brutal.
time always win.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A