Been dieting consistently for the past 6 weeks with barely any weight loss

D

Deleted member 1209

最低の彼氏
I eat the same home cooked meals everyday, measure everything I eat and swear that I’ve been eating 1700/day while lifting and doing intense cardio 5 days a week but my weight barely moves and I still look the same in the mirror as far as I can tell. I either have a TDEE of 1800 or my mom is trying to sabotage my efforts by drenching all of my meals in lard/oil

In the past I was able eat 2000 calories a day while completely sedentary and see consistent progress every week

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
Check ur thyroid

This smells like bullshit, unless you have the most subhuman genetics known to man which is unlikely, if your actually telling the truth maybe see a doctor

• +1
Reactions: Moggie and Danish_Retard
I eat the same home cooked meals everyday, measure everything I eat and swear that I’ve been eating 1700/day while lifting and doing cardio 5 days a week but my weight barely moves. Should I just assume that my TDEE is like 1800 and bring my calories down further?
Are you actually weighing the food?

Do you measure the cooking oil too?, because that can add a lot of calories if not careful.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep, Hero of the Imperium, Moggie and 1 other person
Meanwhile chad drinks beer and eats pizza and its lean asf.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15827
- count EVERY calorie. Include liquids
- when you start exercising you gain water weight. However, if you are on caloric deficit you will lose far, but you don't see it on the scale

- count EVERY calorie. Include liquids
- when you start exercising you gain water weight. However, if you are on caloric deficit you will lose far, but you don't see it on the scale

I only drink water, Diet Coke and coffee with artificial sweeteners and creamer (the little cups so no measurement needed) which I include in my calorie count

Last edited:
I’ve been doing this for 10 years. This is probably the most consistent and on point I’ve ever been on a diet. Maybe I’m just putting on muscle :soy:

measure everything I eat and swear that I’ve been eating 1700/day
Didn’t have to read past this. You’re eating more Than you think and probably not counting liquid calories and snacks on the side. You can’t eat less Than you need and still maintain weight its not possible meaning the problem is you’re still eating too much.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8608
I only drink water, Diet Coke and coffee with artificial sweeteners and creamer (the little cups so no measurement needed) which I include in my calorie count
Complain all you want but all arrows point towards that you’re still consuming too much.

Didn’t have to read past this. You’re eating more Than you think and probably not counting liquid calories and snacks on the side. You can’t eat less Than you need and still maintain weight its not possible meaning the problem is you’re still eating too much.

My mom is either sabotaging me/switching her up recipes for no reason and lying to my face or I have abnormally low TDEE for my height and weight. I’m not doing anything wrong on my end. I’m not an idiot who snacks or drinks calories and forgets to count it

Last edited:
what type of food

You have your mom cooking your meals jfl cook it yourself weigh everything count EVERY calorie and make sure you are consistently below maintenance. slightly overestimate the calorie of foods as well to be as thorough as possible.

If you are still not losing any weight then see a doctor. You should be losing fat faster than building muscle so if the scale isn’t budging at all then you need a second opinion from someone actually qualified.

• +1
Reactions: Chadeep and Hero of the Imperium
I have abnormally low TDEE
Giga weak mindset and mentality you sound like the people saying they have eating disorders. I was a stickman growing up and If i would just complain about my muscle genetics instead of eating until i sometimes puked and had to eat again to not lose cals i would still look like i did here.
FC7771D8 835E 4916 BAB3 B6A0896D4921

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16501
so what are you crying about it on here for, for attention?
stop being feminine.
dm the best weight loss consusltant and get some feedback from an expert

shouldn't be hard

didn't read your OP btw

Fat loss is calories in vs calories out, you are eating on maintenance. You arent aware of how many calories there are in food and how much quantity you should eat, you would probably need to eat half of the amout you are eating rn, stop eating high calorie foods with lots of fat (butter, oil, peanut butter, whole milk etc.) Switch to low calorie options. Start drinking lots and lots of 0 coke and eating other artificial sweets with barely any or low calories less than 100 calories per 100 grams.

I eat the same home cooked meals everyday, measure everything I eat and swear that I’ve been eating 1700/day while lifting and doing intense cardio 5 days a week but my weight barely moves and I still look the same in the mirror as far as I can tell. I either have a TDEE of 1800 or my mom is trying to sabotage my efforts by drenching all of my meals in lard/oil

In the past I was able eat 2000 calories a day while completely sedentary and see consistent progress every week
Ur overdoing it, if u r working out so hard u have made ur deficit too big and ur body has adjusted its expenditure.

Reseed for 5-10 days, just eat at maintenence, and then get back to a 300 or so calorie deficit

My mom’s been using this Goya seasoning that’s packed with salt for at least the past year. Could it be water retention from excess sodium?

You definitely are not eating that much then. Count literally everything u consume and avoid sauces. Eat 1700 calories a day of nothing but steak and eggs. You will lose weight son.

The fact is that you will lose fat if you are on caloric deficit

Nvm, I was freaking out over some water weight fluctuation. I’m down 4+ lbs for the month

Imagine having to do all this lol

Shit genetics