Being a late bloomer is a blessing and a curse

casadebanho

casadebanho

6'3, 2.0 shoulder/waist ratio
Starting puberty later on can be benefitial as it has been shown in studies that men who start puberty at later ages tend to have longer growth spurts

I was 4'8 (142cm) at 14yo, which actually made my teenage life absolute hell

But the bright side is that I am still growing (6'2) in height at 21 (gonna turn 22 in September)

Just saying this because I know there are a lot of 15/16 year olds on this forum, so don't lose hope

• +1
Reactions: Tallman, Autismcel, Deleted member 24293 and 5 others
where tf did you read this? everyone who ended up being tall at my school was tall since middle school. giant growth sputs are a meme as far as I'm concerned.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Lmao and Erik-Jón
@LooksOverAll

Also basing it on my own experience and the experience of my cousins (they were all short in middle school and all ended up 6'3 and above)

• +1
Reactions: ManzareK
@LooksOverAll

Also basing it on my own experience and the experience of my cousins (they were all short in middle school and all ended up 6'3 and above)

I also read another article about this, not being able to find it now but if I do I will link it here

mom is 5'4.5" dad is 6'0"
I was always avg/slightly above avg height but I stopped growing by the end of 8th grade
5'7" ever since and I will remain the exact same height from the beginning of highschool through the end of highschool and my entire life
Just lol at my luck

• +1
  • So Sad
  • JFL
Reactions: Kazakh Theist, SubhumanCurrycel, Deleted member and 1 other person
194.5CM shoes off over here.

Growth spurt hurt my damn kneecaps at one point when I was 15

mom is 5'4.5" dad is 6'0"
I was always avg/slightly above avg height but I stopped growing by the end of 8th grade
5'7" ever since and I will remain the exact same height from the beginning of highschool through the end of highschool and my entire life
Just lol at my luck
You know how there was always that kid in 6th grade who had facial hair and grew much earlier than all the other kids, but then ended up at like 5'3/5'4 and then didn't grow any more than that?

I actually knew a lot of kids like this, I think that having low testosterone as a kid actually makes you taller in the end (as long as you got the genes for it of course)

• +1
Reactions: Kazakh Theist, ArcticStorm, Deleted member and 1 other person
194.5CM shoes off over here.

Growth spurt hurt my damn kneecaps at one point when I was 15
There was one year where I went from like 142cm to 162cm in few months and felt a lot of leg pain

You know how there was always that kid in 6th grade who had facial hair and grew much earlier than all the other kids, but then ended up at like 5'3/5'4 and then didn't grow any more than that?
Believe it or not, I didn't start puberty early though. I wasn't like that 6th grader you described. My growth chart shows I grew at the same rate and at the same time as everyone else. It just stopped early jfl

I wish I grew 18 FUCKING INCHES after 14.

Believe it or not, I didn't start puberty early though. I wasn't like that 6th grader you described. My growth chart shows I grew at the same rate and at the same time as everyone else. It just stopped early jfl
Did you develop gyno during puberty?

• JFL
Reactions: Growth Plate
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
I wish I grew 18 FUCKING INCHES after 14.

It's actually very eye opening to have such a growth spurt, being the one of the shortest kids in my entire school gave me a special empathy for short men

Whenever I see a tweet/tiktok making fun of short men it makes my blood boil because I get reminded of all the years I got bullied

• +1
Reactions: Kazakh Theist, ArcticStorm, Mike141 and 1 other person
It's actually very eye opening to have such a growth spurt, being the one of the shortest kids in my entire school gave me a special empathy for short men
I'm not tall, but I did grow 5 or 6 inches in a year and it is amazing how differently you get treated.

I will never believe this meme that women are these kind and nonjudgmental people. Men are kinder and less judgmental than women, easily.

• +1
Reactions: horizontallytall, Kazakh Theist, oldcelloser and 1 other person
Starting puberty later on can be benefitial as it has been shown in studies that men who start puberty at later ages tend to have longer growth spurts

But the bright side is that I am still growing (6'2) in height at 21 (gonna turn 22 in September)

Just saying this because I know there are a lot of 15/16 year olds on this forum, so don't lose hope
Bro, I’m 5,8 and a half on the dot (doctor checkup) I’m 16. she said I’m pretty much done growing but my dad is 6,0 - 6,1 and my mom is 5,7 and my dad had his 2nd growth spurt when he was 17. You think there’s hope for me?

well im 15 and 6"2 so same result less suffering

most are not late bloomers

How much did you grow after your 17th birthday?

Starting puberty later on can be beneficial as it has been shown in studies that men who start puberty at later ages tend to have longer growth spurts

Just saying this because I know there are a lot of 15/16 year old's on this forum, so don't lose hope
growth spurts rely on your environment, your lifestyle and genetics. You eat a lot and sleep a lot, you will probably grow. You eat little and sleep like shit you will probably not grow much. Eating, sleeping and working out help your body produce the optimal amount of testosterone in order to grow. While this is not the only factor it certainly does help

I'm now 6'3 (23yo), was around 5'7 at 17yo
When did you start to grow baby chin hair's and how much did you grow after you started growing chin hair?

Just asking because I'm in a similar situation with delayed puberty and it's similar to yours

When did you start to grow baby chin hair's and how much did you grow after you started growing chin hair?

Just asking because I'm in a similar situation with delayed puberty and it's similar to yours
Well, I actually got my first chin hair at that exact same age (17)

• +1
Reactions: chris182
Well, I actually got my first chin hair at that exact same age (17)
Bit of a late reply but I was 4'8 at 14 too (based medical records).

Now I'm 5'5 1/2 at 17 and 1 month. Started growing chin hair like 2 months before turning 17.

I'm predicted to be 5'8.5 -5'9 range. My genetics kinda weird bc i'm like you (late bloomer) but i got shorter parents (dad is 5'7 tops)

U think I can grow to 5'8.5 - 5'9 range? Also did you have alot of fat on your cheeks? Saw people saying late bloomers loose cheek fat 18-20. the amount of cheek fat i have is like justin beiber at 15 lol

Last edited:
Bit of a late reply but I was 4'8 at 14 too (based medical records).

Now I'm 5'5 1/2 at 17 and 1 month. Started growing chin hair like 2 months before turning 17.

I'm predicted to be 5'8.5 -5'9 range. My genetics kinda weird bc i'm like you (late bloomer) but i got shorter parents (dad is 5'7 tops)

U think I can grow to 5'8.5 - 5'9 range? Also did you have alot of fat on your cheeks? Saw people saying late bloomers loose cheek fat 18-20. the amount of cheek fat i have is like justin beiber at 15 lol
Yeah, i would say that if you somewhat follow the same growth pattern as me, you are very likely to hit 5'9.

Yes, I've had a lot of buccal fat my entire life, only started going away when I turned 22

• Woah
Reactions: chris182
Yepp, thats true

Slower development are also associated with being more smarter

-- dr. Nickga