Being fat in a thin world.

M

md1079

Iron
New to the forum , first post. I have been around 30% body fat for years now, yet somehow didn't feel it was a problem, it just seemed to evenly distribute it's self gradually and insidiously so there was no obvious massive gut or anything.. and no one said anything. I was extremely unaware of the effects of this and very naive.. ignorance is now no longer bliss. I had a spell in my life being lean , very lean and then let myself go. What i learned disturbed me. it's not just women who notice you, it's the men as well, it's society. All else being equal, being overweight will make you a non person. Subconsciously, people will immediately dismiss your basic humanity. I don't know why this is and there are probably evolutionary reasons.. perhaps over consumers of diminishing resources need to be shamed out of society who knows, but I have seen both sides of the coin..
I think the most disturbing part for me was the reaction from certain 'friends' and family when losing weight.. I started to see some Jaw line, some cheek bones.. it turns out that there is a handsome face hiding under this fat shell of a person. But rather than be happy for me, people would protest, 'you are getting too thin'.. some hated me for it. I had male friends try to erode my confidence when they noticed my progress. Because we exist in hierarchies, any attempt to move up the hierarchy will cause envy, and people wanted me to know my place it seemed. I think that deep down that is what halted my progress. I am now losing weight, the scale is moving in the right direction and I am interested to know if anyone has had experience of hatred or envy for looking better over time and how to get past that.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, Immanuel, Nibba and 1 other person
Just keep at it bro. And those people are NOT your friends. Don't open up to them and don't trust them. They ain't worth their weight in pennies.

probably evolutionary reasons.. perhaps over consumers of diminishing resources need to be shamed out of society
It's because being fat is unhealthy and doesn't look good, so people see fat people as having low reproductive value

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401, CopeMaxxer and md1079
Just keep at it bro. And those people are NOT your friends. Don't open up to them and don't trust them. They ain't worth their weight in pennies.

It's because being fat is unhealthy and doesn't look good, so people see fat people as having low reproductive value

You are right there. I can't believe how different my face looks and how i look in jeans with overweight it's awful, It really is like being a different person. I will post some progress pics for review in a month or so, too embarrassed with how I look at the moment.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Nibba
You are right there. I can't believe how different my face looks and how i look in jeans with overweight it's awful, It really is like being a different person. I will post some progress pics for review in a month or so, too embarrassed with how I look at the moment.
Yeah man that sounds good. If you need some support and advice pm me. If you want pm me pics of you now and I can help. I'm a pretty compassionate guy and I have a lot of fat friends irl that I helped to lose weight. You don't have to be embarrassed and I'm not gonna judge you, especially since you're taking the time to improve yourself

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401 and Immanuel
Being ugly is the same

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6401
Cool.. how do you pm?

• +1
  • +1
Go to the envelope icon by your bell icon and click start conversation

ah ok, some technical issue there it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."

• +1
ah ok, some technical issue there it says "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action."
I think you have to reach a certain amount of posts. I'll send ya a pm so u don't gotta worry bout that

• +1