Benzoyl peroxide seems to be cucking my acne hard

TsarTsar444

TsarTsar444

Asexual peaceful balkan monk
Using it few days now, not an acne in sight. Can't believe i coped with tretinoin for acne which after months of use only made my skin quality somehow worse like more rough, which is logical because tret thins out the epidermis. Wish i used benzoyl peroxide 2 years ago so i wouldn't have a full face with acne scaring like i do know tho ngl

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: BongMog, Deleted member 25938, copefuel and 7 others
lucky bastard, BP didn't do shit for me

• +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Void_, Deleted member 25938, hattrick and 4 others
can you apply it every night?

lucky bastard, BP didn't do shit for me
Makes sense for me because the only thing that worsed previously 3 years ago was topical clindamycin, it means my acne is very bacteria sensitive, so anything that cucks those bastards helps my skin. But did you use the benzoyl peroxide wash or the topical solution you put on for long term?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631
Makes sense for me because the only thing that worsed previously 3 years ago was topical clindamycin, it means my acne is very bacteria sensitive, so anything that cucks those bastards helps my skin. But did you use the benzoyl peroxide wash or the topical solution you put on for long term?
i have tried the face wash and topical(not at the same time) wash didnt do anything and the topical made it worse

• So Sad
Reactions: TsarTsar444
acne is such a fucking bitch, cant believe i still have this shit at 27 lmao

• So Sad
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: Zonar, copefuel, Deleted member 19174 and 3 others
i have tried the face wash and topical(not starve same time) wash didnt do anything and the topical made it worse
Tbh it has been just few days for me, maybe my acne being gone is just a coincidence, we will see after 1 month, fingers crossed it actually is working cause the last option i got after this is accutane and antibiotics, and i can't take either because i have Ulcerative Colitis

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20370
How? Did you have like an irritated feeling after applying it?
yes and it ruined my moisture barrier. Made my skin drier and shittier

• So Sad
Yeah it removed my acne too. .but if you stop using it they will come back :(

acne is such a fucking bitch, cant believe i still have this shit at 27 lmao
27? Im coping that i will naturally have it go away by the time im 25 (im 22yo now), fucking brutal brocel :feelsgiga:

• So Sad
Yeah it does not work for everybody.. because i have oily skin.. That shit work for me.

• Woah
  • So Sad
Reactions: pneumocystosis and Deleted member 20370
Using it few days now, not an acne in sight. Can't believe i coped with tretinoin for acne which after months of use only made my skin quality somehow worse like more rough, which is logical because tret thins out the epidermis. Wish i used benzoyl peroxide 2 years ago so i wouldn't have a full face with acne scaring like i do know tho ngl
it worked for me the first time. doesn't work anymore though

• JFL
  • So Sad
Interesting, i have zero irritation after having it applied, in fact it gives me this slight cooling feeling

BP made my skin look dry and saggy. Tretinoin does wonders for me after I moved to 0.1% strength. If I see a tiny pimple building up, it’s gone the next morning. Also, you need to use a moisturizer religiously if you want tret to work, otherwise you will look like an old man with dry wrinkly skin.

• +1
Reactions: Void_ and TsarTsar444
it worked for me the first time. doesn't work anymore though
Chad bacteria coped hard through it and got resistance genes for it, mirin your bacteria tbh

• So Sad
Reactions: Manletmachine
BP made my skin look dry and saggy. Tretinoin does wonders for me after I moved to 0.1% strength. If I see a tiny pimple building up, it’s gone the next morning. Also, you need to use a moisturizer religiously if you want tret to work, otherwise you will look like an old man with dry wrinkly skin.
Yeah i thought maybe the 0.05% is too weak and also it was the standard cream version. I plan on buying the 0.1% microsphere gel version if benzoyl peroxide doesn't work as planned. The microsphere absorbs slowly over the day and it isn't photosensitive which is nice

Yeah i thought maybe the 0.05% is too weak and also it was the standard cream version. I plan on buying the 0.1% microsphere gel version if benzoyl peroxide doesn't work as planned. The microsphere absorbs slowly over the day and it isn't photosensitive which is nice
You will be peeling like a mofo on .1% but it’s worth it

• +1
You will be peeling like a mofo on .1% but it’s worth it
I was barely peeling with the 0.05% tbh, didn't even have a bad purge or anything

Do you also get acne/red spots on your scalp that comes with inflammation, itchiness or scalp pain? Do you get any acne behind your ears and on the back of your neck?

If you do you need to start treating it immediately because any hairloss from Folliculitis is permanent

And yeah my acne is also caused by bacteria, I had to use antibiotics for far too long because of a stubborn infection and this fucked up by gut health and skin.

I’ve been taking Probiotics and cutting out inflammatory foods and it’s helped a lot but I’m still waiting on my Benzoyl peroxide wash to arrive so I can completely get rid of this shit.

What’s even more brutal is this stupid shit aggravates my Seborrheic dermatitis which makes it 10x worse.

• Woah
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: BrahminBoss, sub5inchcel and TsarTsar444
I was barely peeling with the 0.05% tbh, didn't even have a bad purge or anything
How long were you using tret and did you apply daily or at least three times a week? Did you try using a vitamin C serum along with tret?

Also, don’t buy the Skinceuticals vitamin C serum for $180 like I did. The ones in the $60-$100 range work just as well.

• +1
How long were you using tret and did you apply daily or at least three times a week? Did you try using a vitamin C serum along with tret?

Also, don’t buy the Skinceuticals vitamin C serum for $180 like I did. The ones in the $60-$100 range work just as well.
I used it every second night, i was using it for 6 months before stopping, my skin quality immediately improved when i stopped. I even used a moisturizer 2 times daily all the time, but tret always made my PIE (post inflammatory erythema) look worse, like more red and inflamed in general. Benzoyl peroxide does the opposite, it faded my PIE slightly

Do you also get acne/red spots on your scalp that comes with inflammation, itchiness or scalp pain? Do you get any acne behind your ears and on the back of your neck?

If you do you need to start treating it immediately because any hairloss from Folliculitis is permanent

And yeah my acne is also caused by bacteria, I had to use antibiotics for far too long because of a stubborn infection and this fucked up by gut health and skin.

I’ve been taking Probiotics and cutting out inflammatory foods and it’s helped a lot but I’m still waiting on my Benzoyl peroxide wash to arrive so I can completely get rid of this shit.

What’s even more brutal is this stupid shit aggravates my Seborrheic dermatitis which makes it 10x worse.
I do get acne every day on my back and sometimes on my neck though not really common. I don't have acne on my scalp tho, and im not itchy normally, but I've noticed if i get anxious about something or when im walking outside for some moderate time my head starts to feel itchy, and my whole upper body as well though

• +1
Reactions: sub5inchcel
@TsarTsar444 thoughts in BHA? been using that for a couple days now

• +1
@TsarTsar444 thoughts in BHA? been using that for a couple days now
You using salicylic acid? I actually started with that 2 weeks ago and it didn't seem to help with my acne much, then i tried benzoyl peroxide on top and my acne the past few days feels way calmer, the only breakouts i had are these tiny whiteheads which are lifefuel for demonic nodular acne sufferer like me ngl

• +1
Acne is a meme honestly because Epiduo (adapalene + bp) will cuck it hard, muh tret. My problem is the fucking hyperpigmentation I got from acne that has been cucking me hard for the last few years.

Bp will dry the fuck out of your skin though and it will look and feel like shit.

You using salicylic acid? I actually started with that 2 weeks ago and it didn't seem to help with my acne much, then i tried benzoyl peroxide on top and my acne the past few days feels way calmer, the only breakouts i had are these tiny whiteheads which are lifefuel for demonic nodular acne sufferer like me ngl
yeah,i don't use it regularly because it just pisses me off that i have to put nasty textured shit on my face morning and night just to have ok skin. put i'll try to use it regularly now

• So Sad
I do get acne every day on my back and sometimes on my neck though not really common. I don't have acne on my scalp tho, and im not itchy normally, but I've noticed if i get anxious about something or when im walking outside for some moderate time my head starts to feel itchy, and my whole upper body as well though
Itchy scalp when walking outside or when you’re stressed is probably just dandruff, same thing happens to me but it’s made worse by my current scalp condition.

It’s been calm for now ever since I’ve changed my diet and start taking probiotics but my finals are in 3 weeks I’m hoping my benzoyl peroxide gets here before then so I don’t get another stress-induced flare up.

I’ve had seborrheic dermatitis ever since I first started puberty and it’s likely the cause of my moderate hair loss since genetically my family isn’t prone to hairloss and I have low body hair so my hair follicles should be somewhat resistant to DHT.
I don’t think my natural DHT levels are low though since I have a very ogre voice.

My oil glands on the other hand are disgustingly receptive to androgens, during puberty I had the most brutal disgusting acne ever.
Nothing worked and I had to use accutane which cured it but left me with permanent sides.

I have a breakout on my left side of the face but it isn’t much and it’s within normal ranges, which isn’t a big deal compared to how disgusting my skin used to be.

Horrible acne is so fucking brutal, it’s good news that you’ve found a way to effectively treat it.

• Woah
Itchy scalp when walking outside or when you’re stressed is probably just dandruff, same thing happens to me but it’s made worse by my current scalp condition.

It’s been calm for now ever since I’ve changed my diet and start taking probiotics but my finals are in 3 weeks I’m hoping my benzoyl peroxide gets here before then so I don’t get another stress-induced flare up.

I’ve had seborrheic dermatitis ever since I first started puberty and it’s likely the cause of my moderate hair loss since genetically my family isn’t prone to hairloss and I have low body hair so my hair follicles should be somewhat resistant to DHT.
I don’t think my natural DHT levels are low though since I have a very ogre voice.

My oil glands on the other hand are disgustingly receptive to androgens, during puberty I had the most brutal disgusting acne ever.
Nothing worked and I had to use accutane which cured it but left me with permanent sides.

I have a breakout on my left side of the face but it isn’t much and it’s within normal ranges, which isn’t a big deal compared to how disgusting my skin used to be.

Horrible acne is so fucking brutal, it’s good news that you’ve found a way to effectively treat it.
We seem extremely similar tbh ngl :dafuckfeels:

Tbh i was looking into seborrheic dermatitis in the past and even recently but the symptoms look kinda blured with acne and especially PIE which has similar redness when inflamed like seborrheic dermatitis.

Same as you i also have very little body hair, basically got no chest or back hair, just light hair on arms and moderate on my legs, and from looking at pics of my hairline when i was 19 and now, its the exact same, so i don't seem to be balding, would take acne any day over going bald tbh.

And same as you, i also used to get very bad nodular cystic acne in my late teens until like 21yo, the past year most of my acne has been white heads and pustules?? (forgot name, but like whiteheads with slight red inflamed area around)

Received 536278242046364

This is my face today (i even got a random cystic acne on my jawline which you can kind see, these are the most annoying cause they make your jaw and 2/3 view look deformed jfl). As you can see i have just one obvious pustular white head and the rest is scarring from the deadly nodular acne i used to get in late teens

• Woah
  • +1
  • So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 20631, Deleted member 28414 and Deleted member 20370
dann you're really good looking too, acne suucks!
Acne is just peak trolling from God tbh ngl, kinda funny can't lie. I had girlfriends with my acne at least but i would have done way better in my teens if i wasn't cursed with it

• +1
  • JFL
same, acne cucked my teenage years hard, had zero confidence.
Yeah and the worst part is how even if you get fully clear skin and become goodlooking later in your 20's and 30's, you will always be an abused dog from brain wiring when you had acne in your teens. Your childhood and teen years are everything, thats why Cavil acts so shy even tho he is a chad, he used to be a ldaring obese neet as a teen

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 20631 and Deleted member 20370
Yeah and the worst part is how even if you get fully clear skin and become goodlooking later in your 20's and 30's, you will always be an abused dog from brain wiring when you had acne in your teens. Your childhood and teen years are everything, thats why Cavil acts so shy even tho he is a chad, he used to be a ldaring obese neet as a teen
if god exists, i'll make him drink all the puss that i squeezed out of my pimples throughout the years

• JFL
bp with clindamycin didn't work for me, my doc put me on accutane+ erythromycin now with a steroid cream to reduce the inflammation. Lets see if it works or do i have more days of suffering left lol

Have fun getting all your things bleached

This is so true JFL, I legit start feeling nauseous whenever someone compliments me on my appearance.
Acne is too fucking brutal man, hopefully the benzoyl peroxide gets rid of it for good.

Also your benzoyl peroxide is a liquid wash/cleanser I recommend washing your hair with it and letting it sit for 5-10 minutes.

Watching what you eat is also important, avoid inflammatory foods and I recommend you start taking probiotics.

Last edited:

Antibiotics didn’t fuck up your skin they usually decrease acne flare ups