Best degree?

HarrierDuBois

HarrierDuBois

Writer
I live in Sweden so college/Uni is free here, my question is what is the best most future proof degree to pursue?

I have been considering computer science but most of my friends are into economy/finance. Are there any better ones? Is CompSci best choice nowadays?

Trades are out of the questions since I want to study something proper.

• +1
Reactions: chawaje and bishōnenmaxxer
@Jacob Hate

• Love it
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
study how to suck big somali cock

• JFL
  • +1
  • WTF
Reactions: watah, Banderacell, Deleted member 29155 and 14 others
3465494 3451108 Screenshot 2023 06 05 92856 AM

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 30667, rand anon and 4 others
I live in Sweden so college/Uni is free here, my question is what is the best most future proof degree to pursue?

I have been considering computer science but most of my friends are into economy/finance. Are there any better ones? Is CompSci best choice nowadays?

Trades are out of the questions since I want to study something proper.
Wagiemaxxing

Compsci finance double major. focus on networking and making friends over everything. And dont forget to go to parties

• +1
Reactions: A23ghskung, Deleted member 30667, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 3 others
This is a serious thread posted in moneymaking and success, not a shitpost in offtopic, shut the fuck up.

• +1
Reactions: zharupodrugu, A23ghskung, Respalier and 2 others
Or you can drop out and be a NEET god like me and wander the woods and live in your head

• +1
  • JFL
  • Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 29155, Deleted member 30234, PURE ARYAN GENETICS and 6 others
Wagiemaxxing
Studymaxxing for now so I don't have to wageslave from paycheck to paycheck but can get more spare time.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 28904
Or you can drop out and be a NEET god like me and wander the woods and live in your head
I am NEETing right now since I graduated high school a week ago and am currently looking for jobs for a year or two to pay for my surgeries before college.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: poopoohead, bishōnenmaxxer and Deleted member 28904
despite what others say computer science can be an unstable field. ofc I don't know much about the CompSci scene in Sweden but in North America if you aren't well established it can be awful.

finance and economics is more stable imo

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Respalier, justinzayn, Deleted member 14392 and 2 others
Compsci finance double major. focus on networking and making friends over everything. And dont forget to go to parties
Yeah parties are nice, aren't they @4Inch4 inb4 angry react.

• So Sad
I am NEETing right now since I graduated high school a week ago and am currently looking for jobs for a year or two to pay for my surgeries before college.
>Just graduated
>Already claiming yourself to be NEET

just jfl

• JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: BigBoy, Toth's thot, 7zyzz7 and 1 other person
despite what others say computer science can be an unstable field. ofc I don't know much about the CompSci scene in Sweden but in North America if you aren't well established it can be awful.

finance and economics is more stable imo
Finance and economics are more elitist and computer science is way more laid back and Sweden is a technologically big and quickly progressing country.

• +1
Reactions: UglyAsHell and Deleted member 21716
>Just graduated
>Already claiming yourself to be NEET

just jfl
Per definition not in employment, education, or training. I don't want to stay a NEET though.

• +1
Reactions: bishōnenmaxxer
Per definition not in employment, education, or training. I don't want to stay a NEET though.
Yeah I know you literally are, but when I think the term NEET I think rotting jannie on 4chan.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: SubhumanCurrycel and HarrierDuBois
Yeah I know you literally are, but when I think the term NEET I think rotting jannie on 4chan.
I never want to get comfortable with comfort, I want to stay busy.

• +1
Reactions: bishōnenmaxxer
Finance and economics are more elitist and computer science is way more laid back and Sweden is a technologically big and quickly progressing country.
true but I am just speaking in general. if the computer science field is more stable in Sweden then I would recommend it but I am just speaking from experience in Canada and what I know about the US CompSci scene where there are frequent layoffs. they will often replace the former CompSci workers with migrant workers so they will pay them less. Google and another firm recently did this.

also it depends on the kind of CompSci you want to study. right now Artificial Intelligence is where the most money is to be made. I have a find that works in Ai programming and he make $200,000 a year at 24.

• +1
Reactions: poopoohead, Marsiere214 and HarrierDuBois
true but I am just speaking in general. if the computer science field is more stable in Sweden then I would recommend it but I am just speaking from experience in Canada and what I know about the US CompSci scene where there are frequent layoffs. they will often replace the former CompSci workers with migrant workers so they will pay them less. Google and another firm recently did this.

also it depends on the kind of CompSci you want to study. right now Artificial Intelligence is where the most money is to be made. I have a find that works in Ai programming and he make $200,000 a year at 24.
Yeah true I should AImaxx tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 21716
PhD - Pimping Hoes Degree

Computer Science isn't that much about coding it's about thinking analytically about programming and it's concepts + heavily theoretical. Software Engineering may be better suited if you want to be a coder, or some other major tech related, if coding isn't even what you searched for in CS. Just clarifying because most people imagine CS to be something it's not.

• Hmm...
Finance or data analysis tbh

If interested in a longer route maybe neuroscience (although I'm biased because that's what I'm working towards) and then get a PhD for research

Computer Science isn't that much about coding it's about thinking analytically about programming and it's concepts + heavily theoretical. Software Engineering may be better suited if you want to be a coder, or some other branch if coding isn't what you searched for in CS. Just clarifying because most people imagine CS to be something it's not.
it's difficult if you're a retard though

are compsci jobs time consuming?

• Hmm...
Reactions: Magnum Opus
cant go wrong in sweden, free education for anything or u can just claim depression/autism and claim NEETbux for life and free housing

• Hmm...
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 28219 and Yuhbwoynadia

Did he major in CS or something else?

are compsci jobs time consuming?
I'm 17, almost out of Gymnasium and didn't dig that much into it but I'd be surprised if they're not, but there are too many factors to answer that question clearly.

• +1
Reactions: Arcturus
None of them drop out become a welder

• +1
Reactions: chawaje
None of them drop out become a welder
Good tip, @HarrierDuBois become a blue collar worker for the extra +0.2cm wrist circumference gain per 10 years, passive looksmax.

• JFL
  • Love it
  • +1
Reactions: try2beme, poopoohead, HarrierDuBois and 4 others
Good tip, @HarrierDuBois become a blue collar worker for the extra +0.2cm wrist circumference gain per 10 years, passive looksmax.
And destroy your back like the bricklayers and concrete workers in my family.

Computer Science isn't that much about coding it's about thinking analytically about programming and it's concepts + heavily theoretical. Software Engineering may be better suited if you want to be a coder, or some other major tech related, if coding isn't even what you searched for in CS. Just clarifying because most people imagine CS to be something it's not.
Wait so can you elab but also keep it short on what Computer Science actually is from your own understanding?

Stem>buisness>trade>any other degree>drug dealer>government job/military job>shitty labor job>everything else.

• +1
Reactions: stoicturtle, poopoohead and HarrierDuBois
Stem>buisness>trade>any other degree>drug dealer>government job/military job>shitty labor job>everything else.
So computer science fire or nah?

• Hmm...
Just look at companies in fields you want to work in and see what degree they overwhelmingly require the most. Then you have the classes and skills you need.

For example, Intel and riot games both desperately want people with Masters' degrees in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, I'm going for computer Engineering since it's the best of both worlds and I'm gonna intern as much as possible to make up for the lack of M.S. while I'm in school

• +1
neet mogs
we're kind of fucked, but me especially cus im so deformed kids laugh at me in public + too low IQ to do maths from meningitis brain dmg

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
we're kind of fucked, but me especially cus im so deformed kids laugh at me in public + too low IQ to do maths from meningitis brain dmg
Im slavcel manlet subhuman bro who is more fucked?

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 18879
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 17244
So computer science fire or nah?
Yeah computer science and engineering. Computer science gives you more options and is easier than engineering, while engineering is a bit more secure while not having as many options. The only bad thing about computer science is that AI will make some if the lower level coding jobs obsolete.

• +1
Yeah computer science and engineering. Computer science gives you more options and is easier than engineering, while engineering is a bit more secure while not having as many options. The only bad thing about computer science is that AI will make some if the lower level coding jobs obsolete.
I'm only high level in everything I pursue anyway.

• Love it
Reactions: SubSigma
It really depends on how smart you are

I was only student offered to move up a grade in my class.
Consider a double degree in commerce and actuarial studies or commerce and comp sci then. If money is what you care about

Consider a double degree in commerce and actuarial studies or commerce and comp sci then. If money is what you care about
My creative brain would rather implode than work with actuarial studies.