Best degree?

Trades are out of the questions since I want to study something proper.
Angry cuck

• +1
Reactions: The Thinker
I get what you mean but trades deteriorate your body so quickly.
Ok then go study gender study's then that's probably pretty popular in soyden.

• JFL
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Ok then go study gender study's then that's probably pretty popular in soyden.
Nah I want to study something useful and flexible.

Industrial engineering. Can go into any field afterwards as you got a lot flexibility throughout the studies. However, requires brains and ability to socialize. Many good industrial engineering programs in Sweden.

I live in Sweden so college/Uni is free here, my question is what is the best most future proof degree to pursue?

I have been considering computer science but most of my friends are into economy/finance. Are there any better ones? Is CompSci best choice nowadays?

whatever u enjoy. don't waste ur time doing something u don't give af about

• +1
Depends on scenario

Is your family wealthy and can support you through a decade of schooling? Doctor
Are you able to get into a top 100 University WorldWide? Business
Are you a skilless loser who doesn't know what career he wants to do? Computer Science

CS can be swapped with any maths, physics or engineering-based degrees
Business interchangeable with accounting, finance, and econ

• +1
Reactions: Respalier and HarrierDuBois
Electrical engineering is good I think electricity is going to be around for at least another 10 years

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: PURE ARYAN GENETICS and HarrierDuBois
no uni degree is future proof. best job is independent skilled tradesman. preferably something that requires lots of dexterity and hands-on work. robotics still has some ways to go and it's too expensive for some tasks yet

the last job to be automated will be plumber or similar

I live in Sweden so college/Uni is free here, my question is what is the best most future proof degree to pursue?

I have been considering computer science but most of my friends are into economy/finance. Are there any better ones? Is CompSci best choice nowadays?

Ph.D (Pimpin’ hoes Degree)

• +1
  • WTF
Reactions: EverythingMaxxer and HarrierDuBois

Chose computer science (like me)

• +1

Youre going to have to think, “who will manage AI? Whos going to provide input to AI”

Also, any fields that need emotional acuity to excel in ie -artists, design, etc

Of course, every low-level participant of even emotional feeling-based art is replaceable because the output is low quality which is why many channels use AI to generate thumbnails instead of outsourcing it to a low quality “photoshop artist”

But most artists and businessmen are already integrating AI into their work.

So your thought process is:” How can I combine my talents and build massive skill in said talent using AI as my aide? “

• +1
Reactions: rl⠀ and HarrierDuBois
Youre going to have to think, “who will manage AI? Whos going to provide input to AI”

Also, any fields that need emotional acuity to excel in ie -artists, design, etc

Of course, every low-level participant of even emotional feeling-based art is replaceable because the output is low quality which is why many channels use AI to generate thumbnails instead of outsourcing it to a low quality “photoshop artist”

But most artists and businessmen are already integrating AI into their work.

So your thought process is:” How can I combine my talents and build massive skill in said talent using AI as my aide? “
... Which can be packaged as a business via a product or service so that you can scale it instead of working at a steady 9-5 with the same salary years over (which is also going to become very competitive because of AI)”

• +1
How can I combine my talents and build massive skill in said talent using AI as my aide?
Sure it's here to stay though? Feels like people thought midjourney and chatgpt were cool for a month and now no one cares anymore.

• +1
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
Sure it's here to stay though? Feels like people thought midjourney and chatgpt were cool for a month and now no one cares anymore.
No 100%, people who had jobs making mediocre thumbnails or writing email copywriting/sales scripts with weak conversion rates are already being replaced.

Of course, at the top levels, you're hard to beat even by AI, so your priority should be to build a very high skillset in existing god-given talent, so you already have a headstart vs the guys woth no talent.

Do math, engineering or comp sci

• +1
Reactions: Won't Stop Mewing
No 100%, people who had jobs making mediocre thumbnails or writing email copywriting/sales scripts with weak conversion rates are already being replaced.

Of course, at the top levels, you're hard to beat even by AI, so your priority should be to build a very high skillset in existing god-given talent, so you already have a headstart vs the guys woth no talent.
I remember something Robert Green said in gis book ‘Mastery’ about combining skills in unique ways which would make it hard to beat you in the market because no one has the same skillset.

They call it a “Generalist”, one who is not a jack of all trades but a master of many and the same cognitive excellence will be able to beat and use AI to demolish the competition.

Watch this, might be useful:

In order to reach ultimate happiness you want to ask yourself the following 4 questions about the profession you're getting into:
1) Is scale able?
2) Does it pay good?
3) Are you in demand?
4) Are you able to 100% remote work?

Computer science is the perfect answer for this.
I would look towards front end/back end development, they are in huge demand and no, AI won't take over your job.

• +1
Reactions: rl⠀
How do you like it? Is it difficult? Try summing up what you are actually learning to do.
I like web programming actually. Yeah it is if you don't have math basic knowledge but you can do that. I have interviewed 40 students who attend computer science before signing up and they were all happy of their choice. Many of them (at 3 year through) are already working at firms. You need to study on Your Own too though.

• +1
Depends on scenario

Is your family wealthy and can support you through a decade of schooling? Doctor
Are you able to get into a top 100 University WorldWide? Business
Are you a skilless loser who doesn't know what career he wants to do? Computer Science

CS can be swapped with any maths, physics or engineering-based degrees
Business interchangeable with accounting, finance, and econ

jfl

I like web programming actually. Yeah it is if you don't have math basic knowledge but you can do that. I have interviewed 40 students who attend computer science before signing up and they were all happy of their choice. Many of them (at 3 year through) are already working at firms. You need to study on Your Own too though.
Sounds like I should give it a shot.

no uni degree is future proof. best job is independent skilled tradesman. preferably something that requires lots of dexterity and hands-on work. robotics still has some ways to go and it's too expensive for some tasks yet

the last job to be automated will be plumber or similar
automation that extensive wont happen in our lifetime

Become a pulmonologist. They made like 350k a year man.

automation that extensive wont happen in our lifetime
you sure lil nigga you have 80 years to live. whole point of the singularity is that it's exponential

Not even gonna consider it.
Yea, I feel the same. Maybe if I was still 18 or something. If I did it now, I'd be like 40 years old when I get out of the school. Might as well be a doctor or something.