Best products for curly / wavy hair?

geeohdee

geeohdee

Iron
You know those typical tiktok and model hairs.. I got wavy/curly hair but never looks that good.

I know sea salt spray worked well for me before!

usually I just straighten my hair but after coming to this forum, I wanna rock my natural hair type

i use shea moisture curl and shine shampoo plus the curl enhancing smoothie as a leave-in/styler

• +1
Reactions: geeohdee and Deleted member 13197
i use shea moisture curl and shine shampoo plus the curl enhancing smoothie as a leave-in/styler
can this make wavyish hair into somewhat curly hair? or does this only work for ppl with naturally curly hair

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476
can this make wavyish hair into somewhat curly hair? or does this only work for ppl with naturally curly hair
hard to say but using the right method and products make mine slightly curlier so it might. i have 3a curls

embed_graph_FINAL.jpg

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 11370 and Deleted member 13197
I have wavy hair and i use cleansing conditioner, sea salt spray and mousse+hair dryer with a diffuser, my hair is not good but it's a lot better with these products than without. Cheap shampoos with SLS is very damaging to both my hair and skin.

• +1
Reactions: geeohdee
  • Woah
I have wavy hair and i use cleansing conditioner, sea salt spray and mousse+hair dryer with a diffuser, my hair is not good but it's a lot better with these products than without. Cheap shampoos with SLS is very damaging to both my hair and skin.
so no shampoo at all?

so no shampoo at all?
No shampoo, haven't used it for 2 months, only cleansing conditioner, my hair is the best it's ever been tbh.

• +1
Reactions: OOGABOOGA and geeohdee
hard to say but using the right method and products make mine slightly curlier so it might. i have 3a curls

embed_graph_FINAL.jpg
Mine is 3c can i use your routine

• +1
Shea moisture as a company is super accessible so I would recommend them; for your hair texture the super fruit or manukau and yogurt lines would probably work best for your hair type! Getting a diffuser and drying your hair upside down will also help to add definition to your curls if they’re looser.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1476 and geeohdee
Shea moisture as a company is super accessible so I would recommend them; for your hair texture the super fruit or manukau and yogurt lines would probably work best for your hair type! Getting a diffuser and drying your hair upside down will also help to add definition to your curls if they’re looser.
Yeah about to order their curl co-wash conditioner plus sea salt spray

cant even tell wtf i am with these afro chick pics
You’re probably around a 2b-2c

The hair typing stuff isn’t super consistent but I usually break it down with 1s being pin straight to slight wave, 2s having some defined waves to some defined ringlets, 3s starting at mostly being ringlets and going to tighter coils and slightly kinkier strands and 4s being super kinky going to the point where they no longer get ringlets (sorry for this being so long but this has just been the easiest way for me to classify it)

You’re probably around a 2b-2c

The hair typing stuff isn’t super consistent but I usually break it down with 1s being pin straight to slight wave, 2s having some defined waves to some defined ringlets, 3s starting at mostly being ringlets and going to tighter coils and slightly kinkier strands and 4s being super kinky going to the point where they no longer get ringlets (sorry for this being so long but this has just been the easiest way for me to classify it)
Maybe even 3a, I get coils if I don't do any product/drying after a shower

That definitely makes things easier then, just try to stick with lighter products so your curls don’t get weighted down to much and if you don’t want to use a diffuser you’ll probably be good with a microfiber towel :’)

• +1
That definitely makes things easier then, just try to stick with lighter products so your curls don’t get weighted down to much and if you don’t want to use a diffuser you’ll probably be good with a microfiber towel :’)
I tried a diffuser never got results, I should try microfiber!

I never had a lot of success with a diffuser since my hair is super thick and usually holds it texture but the biggest part with them is the technique ( from what I heard mousse, scrunching up, and lowish temp is the way)

Microfiber is pretty much just to wick away the moisture without distributing the curl pattern too much (you just kinda scrunch it upside down like how you’re supposed to go in with a diffuser)
The only real downside with microfiber is that it doesn’t add anything to the curl texture really so it mostly just acts as a towel substitute and helps you dry faster which may help with volume for some folks

Mine is 3c can i use your routine
I don’t really have a routine, I just use suitable products (sulfafe and silicone-free) which is enough for me but have a look at /r/curlyhair for the best routine

avc herbal shampoo worked great for me.

• +1