Best Program for Newbies?

ShowerMaxxing

ShowerMaxxing

Kraken
So I've been running a full body split on the Strong Lifts 5x5 Program with accessory lifts for a couple months now and was wondering whether a PPL routine was better for strength and aesthetics. Rn doing 3x a week SL would be moving to a 5x a week routine with Coolcicada PPL.

Read alot and most recommend staying on SL until doing 5x5 at whatever upper limit per compound i.e so until 100kg bench, 180kg deadlift etc

What do you recommend?

• +1
Reactions: thecel
79CD4AC7 05C6 401F B011 818C781438DD

• JFL
  • Woah
Reactions: thecel, ShowerMaxxing, Looks234 and 5 others
doesnt matter, just lift

• +1
Reactions: ShowerMaxxing
I started lifting with SL5x5 as well. It's pretty good for absolute beginners but you end up heavily over-developing your quads/hamstrings due to heavy squatting 3x a week.

You could switch to a PPL/hypertrophy program if you wanted but since you're already invested in the heavy compound/3x per week split, I would go to Arnold's Golden Six. Similar structure but with more focus on aesthetics/balanced physique. I made most of my gains from this split.

Here it is.

• +1
So I've been running a full body split on the Strong Lifts 5x5 Program with accessory lifts for a couple months now and was wondering whether a PPL routine was better for strength and aesthetics. Rn doing 3x a week SL would be moving to a 5x a week routine with Coolcicada PPL.

Read alot and most recommend staying on SL until doing 5x5 at whatever upper limit per compound i.e so until 100kg bench, 180kg deadlift etc

What do you recommend?
Just do whatever split you want JFL.
Chest/shoulders
Legs
Back
Chest/shoulders
Arms
Back/hamstrings (can deadlift here if you really want).

• +1