Best way to fix Overbite?

S

stralzon

Iron
I have realised I don't have a recessed chin. If anything, it's above average. What makes my chin look like shit is a mild overbite, and it's mild. Even the dentist says, at a stretch, it will take at most 6-7 months to fix it with braces. I have a very forward-grown maxilla. It's one of the few way above-average features I have. Will getting braces affect its forward growth? Also, will braces make my midface narrower? Because that would be a death sentence. Also, is there any other way to fix an overbite? This is my last year in uni, so I don't want to be wearing braces. I do okay with girls, but since I've become very self-conscious, I hate looking at my chin in the mirror.

• +1
Reactions: bradpittshairline
I have realised I don't have a recessed chin. If anything, it's above average. What makes my chin look like shit is a mild overbite, and it's mild. Even the dentist says, at a stretch, it will take at most 6-7 months to fix it with braces. I have a very forward-grown maxilla. It's one of the few way above-average features I have. Will getting braces affect its forward growth? Also, will braces make my midface narrower? Because that would be a death sentence. Also, is there any other way to fix an overbite? This is my last year in uni, so I don't want to be wearing braces. I do okay with girls, but since I've become very self-conscious, I hate looking at my chin in the mirror.
Get braces unless you want to look like a mentally retarded otter, although dont get elastics ig if you are worried about forward growth

• +1
Reactions: dsheppa and stralzon
I have the same problem. You ain't fixing it unless you richmaxx.

• +1
Reactions: dsheppa
At least u dont have underbite like I do

• So Sad
Reactions: depressionmaxxing and h3ad_low
@op brud how old are u

Underbite makes u ugly ogre
No, it doesn't. What is the difference between having an underbite and a well-grown forward chin? Remember, 80-85% of men do not have a good lower third. Yours is in the Top 10 percentile.

• JFL
Reactions: marek937
Get braces unless you want to look like a mentally retarded otter, although dont get elastics ig if you are worried about forward growth
I’m a adult now and have same problem as OP, how will elastics fuck up maxilla? I don’t get it. Shouldn’t that be a concern for people under 18?

No, it doesn't. What is the difference between having an underbite and a well-grown forward chin? Remember, 80-85% of men do not have a good lower third. Yours is in the Top 10 percentile.
Not true, underbite looks very uncanny

• +1
Reactions: h3ad_low
Are u kidding? Underbite is one of the biggest failo

I’m a adult now and have same problem as OP, how will elastics fuck up maxilla? I don’t get it. Shouldn’t that be a concern for people under 18?
I don't know, man, but I've seen people's faces get fucked up with no noticeable changes in their overbites even after 2 years of braces. I looked like shit at 18. Then I started mewing and lost a ton of fat and built muscle as well, and now I look unrecognisable compared to before. I don't know if it was fat, mewing, or whatever, but I don't wanna go back to looking how I looked before. Gym and Mewing is really all I did. If not for my overbite, I'd definitely be HTN-Chadlite.

I don't know, man, but I've seen people's faces get fucked up with no noticeable changes in their overbites even after 2 years of braces. I looked like shit at 18. Then I started mewing and lost a ton of fat and built muscle as well, and now I look unrecognisable compared to before. I don't know if it was fat, mewing, or whatever, but I don't wanna go back to looking how I looked before. Gym and Mewing is really all I did. If not for my overbite, I'd definitely be HTN-Chadlite.
My overbite + overjet ruins my side profile. My lower chin is actually not even recessed as I originally thought (maybe very very slightly) and it is my upper lip projection caused by the overjet which makes my chins relative position look farther back than it is. But I know that I am recessed because my orthontist told me

I'd swap my overbite for any kind of underbite rig
Its will fix it if you got tooth extrarction in your upper jaw so it will come backwards. Braces are not the magic thing which will move your mandible forward,either you losing width of your palate and teeth or just wasting money and time.

Braces will literally fix it,the problem is I don't wanna look like a dork for 8 months.
I answered to the wrong message

My overbite + overjet ruins my side profile. My lower chin is actually not even recessed as I originally thought (maybe very very slightly) and it is my upper lip projection caused by the overjet which makes my chins relative position look farther back than it is. But I know that I am recessed because my orthontist told me
I have a great side profile for some reason, the shadow from my overgrown maxilla combined with the lower teeth placement fucks up my front profile though. Good side profile was the reason why my parents never got me braces as a child.

Its will fix it if you got tooth extrarction in your upper jaw so it will come backwards. Braces are not the magic thing which will move your mandible forward,either you losing width of your palate and teeth or just wasting money and time.
So how can I fix it? It's a very mild overbite. My 2 direct neighbours are both dentists and I'm great friends with them and even they never recommended me braces. There must be some way.

The orthodontist can be lying as well. Maybe we do have the exact same problem.

Yea gloating as a ltn
Gloating as a polish god-mogger-gigachad with every possible halo running away from stacys(elenas and olgas) chasing you

• JFL
Reactions: marek937
Gloating as a polish god-mogger-gigachad with every possible halo running away from stacys(elenas and olgas) chasing you
Thats why im here :ROFLMAO:

The orthodontist can be lying as well. Maybe we do have the exact same problem.
He told me to get expander at 13, now I’m 20 and he says I have class II bite and wants to use Invisalign

He told me to get expander at 13, now I’m 20 and he says I have class II bite and wants to use Invisalign
Yeah definitely lying orthoziondontist cunt. There's nothing that Invisalign does that braces cannot. Just filling his pockets.

Yeah definitely lying orthoziondontist cunt. There's nothing that Invisalign does that braces cannot. Just filling his pockets.
nah he wanted to do Damon braces but since I have to leave my hometown for college invisalign is a better option since I wont need checkups

So how can I fix it? It's a very mild overbite. My 2 direct neighbours are both dentists and I'm great friends with them and even they never recommended me braces. There must be some way.
Depends how old are u
And is your maxilla recessed?

Braces will literally fix it,the problem is I don't wanna look like a dork for 8 months.
Bro no way you wont look like a dork unless over like 25+

can u explain in depth of elastics and forward growth please

I'd swap my overbite for any kind of underbite right away, really.
Nah underbites are way harder to fix. He has to have surgery to fix that, there’s no other way

get a bilateral sagittal split osteonomy

bimax or IMDO ig

couldnt be me
(my maxilla has 0 growth lets trade)

Attachments

• IMG_3663.jpeg
    IMG_3663.jpeg
    137.6 KB · Views: 0
dependds on waht its caused it by, if its due to tmh then u can get it fixed with braces and eventually your lower jaw will jut out more. But if its due to recessed bone then they you will need implants

Are you still here?