Best way to sleep?

D

Deleted member 17429

Kraken
I sleep well, 8-9 hours everyday. But I sleep on my arm, and sometimes on my back. The right side of my face is slightly fat. I switch really often.

I've read countless threads, muh "sleep on your back" "sleep on your arm, that's how our ancestors did it" "sleep on your back with a pillow to prevent hunchback"

I'm gonna lose my mind :hnghn: tell me how to sleep bruh, and why

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940 and ChristianChad
make your bed inclines 8-15 degrees

do as you wish

there are benefits to both on arm and back
just never sleep on your belly

Back with small pillow

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 15302
Sleeping on your back is the best to prevent facial wrinkles and improve posture

Pressing your face on your arm or a pillow during hours of sleep will impact your skin negatively in the long run

D2F65F62-7321-47E2-851C-CCE1B278A016.jpeg

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Kroker
Sleeping on your back is the best to prevent facial wrinkles and improve posture

Pressing your face on your arm or a pillow during hours of sleep will impact your skin negatively in the long run

View attachment 1563497
true, i think i'm gonna do this

• +1
Reactions: incel194012940
Mouth breathing, hyperventilation and over-breathing in general are to be avoided. These are all extremely detrimental to your health and you will wake up feeling tired if you experience these symptoms during your sleep.

Therefore, sleeping on your left side is optimal.
The left lung is smaller than the right lung and since the lung which is the closest to your bed performs the most work, you will end up breathing less during your sleep in this position, which is ideal.

Sleeping on your stomach is also very good as it naturally restricts the movement of the diaphragm, which also forces you to breathe less during your sleep and prevents you from over-breathing.

However, you should avoid sleeping on your back at all costs since you're most susceptible to mouth breathing and hyperventilation/over-breathing in that position.

I usually cry myself to sleep wishing I was NT

It's a fucking mess, let me tell you.
Sleeping on your back is technically the best way of preventing wrinkles and ensure optimal spine health. However, unless you have good breathing habits, it will make it easy for you to breathe through your mouth as you sleep (you don't want that).
Sleeping on your side, however, is beneficial to digestion and there's controversial evidence it helps prevent Alzheimer's disease.
Sleeping on your stomach offers no benefits and should be avoided.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17344 and Kroker