biggest hurdle to bitcoin adoption

looksmaxxed

looksmaxxed

Kraken
is user accessibility. while most millenials and below are comfortable enough with it, i still see stories of scams being run or accidentally copy and pasting the wrong addresses, and these issues would be amplified for the gen z and older crowd. because of these issues, many people also chose to sit on the coin instead of using it for commerce. so while credit card companies allow people of all ages to easily use their service and offer some form of recourse for mistakes or falling victim to scams, bitcoin has no such ability to reverse mistakes. if you accidentally transfer to a non existent address, those coins are lost forever.

the biggest goal right now is to create infrastructure and technologies that prevent that from happening and error correct before the point of no return to mitigate the unforgiving nature of bitcoin. the margin of error needs to be increased if we want more than just zoomers and millenials using the coin. all those institutions investing also have millenials and zoomers running their accounts for them. it's not the old guy ceo who actually does it.

Bitcoin mass adoption is kind of shit because of fees. I only pay with credit card and I often have sub 5$ purchases. Currently fees would only be 2-3$, which would obviously still be too much but with mass adoption bitcoin transaction volume would be even higher meaning that transaction fees would skyrocket to the 100s. You would almost certainly need a layer 2 for these transactions which kind of makes BTC redundant anyway when you could just use superior blockchain technology in the first place.

• +1
Reactions: WhiteGoodman, Broski and Anchor_Ship
no i mean mass adaption via everyone exchanging fiat for a bunch of it as reserve currency. right now people are too afraid to hold it and put it inside a hardware wallet

Using bitcoin for transactions lol

very useful for buying illegal objects
Yes use the perfectly traceable currency where transactions are stored forever on an immutable ledger lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back