Bimax aesthetic risks & advice for my case (how can I ascend?)

D

Deleted member 2729

facemaxx or death
I definitely need bimax + genio, mainly to fix my jaw recession and the cw rotation caused by my camouflage ortho treatment :feelswhy:

I will need about 2-3mm Lefort 1 movement with ccw and about 6-8mm BSSO. I am worried about fucking my face up (because front is already solid however side is ropefuel without a doubt). One user told me that the only real aesthetic risks regarding bimax all come from the maxilla/lefort movement and not from the BSSO or genio. Is that statement generally true? If so, I should be fine with my moderate movements right? I am especially scared of dog look and chimp lip, however those should be not a problem considering I need counterclockwise rotation and about 2mm Lefort1 movement, right? Also nose changes should be minimal too?

Regarding the BSSO I am mainly worried about the steepoff created by the cut. I have an antegonial notch and the bsso cut would go right through it, making my jawline shaped like an s from the side. However I've heard that good surgeons like the one I wanna go to (Ramieri) use graftings to avoid it looking off. Also my BSSO movement ain't gigantic, so again it should be fine?

Here are pics from my cbct scan (side bone from both sides, side soft tissue, front bone):

Side profile from both sides adjusted to frankfurt plane:

Ramieri said he can only make a detailed surgery plan once my teeth have been decompensated. However, here is the rough sketch he gave me (current situation, post op situation, comparison of before/after):

Please let me know what you think. If anyone needs pics of my face to make a better call let me know and I will DM you pictures of my current face.

Last edited:
  • Woah
  • +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer, Deleted member 16110, randomvanish and 3 others
post normal pic of ur side

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Your upper maxilla horizontal length is quite good actually, the x-ray scan of the bones doesn't show it, but I think doing Bimax is too much for you personally, the last image of your actual face and its soft tissues shows a good length. Even though your jaw doesn't seem to be retruded, maybe a simple genio could do it.

Here. I did a quick morph of your chin only, see how it balances your profile? No bimax needed.
Background

Edit: I didn't take a closer look at your measurements

• +1
  • Ugh..
  • Woah
Reactions: Lorsss, valhalar, Deleted member 2729 and 1 other person
Your upper maxilla horizontal length is quite good actually, the x-ray scan of the bones doesn't show it, but I think doing Bimax is too much for you personally, the last image of your actual face and its soft tissues shows a good length. Even though your jaw doesn't seem to be retruded, maybe a simple genio could do it.

Here. I did a quick morph of your chin only, see how it balances your profile? No bimax needed.
View attachment 1619979

Edit: I didn't take a closer look at your measurements
Can I DM you? I think when you see my IRL face and side your will probably see the need for bimax

Can I DM you? I think when you see my IRL face and side your will probably see the need for bimax
Go ahead bro but be aware I'm no doctor.

• +1
How much is ramieri for bimax/genio/chin wing?

• +1
  • +1
Reactions: valhalar and poopmaster22
Did you ask surgeon about genio? If you only asked bimax he might not have considered genio

• +1
i'm seeing a mogger browridge with -probably- quite decent zygo structure. bimax would make you a chad maybe but I don't think your maxilla is recessed. for mandibular, you need advancement for sure.

you probably will be one of those "normie to chad" transformations.

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Deleted member 18301
i'm seeing a mogger browridge with -probably- quite decent zygo structure.
Didn't know my browridge bones were good, nice to hear lmao. Yea my zygos are decent and probably would get fucked up by implants.
bimax would make you a chad maybe but I don't think your maxilla is recessed. for mandibular, you need advancement for sure.
Yea imo my maxilla is mainly downward rotated and I'd say 1 or 2mm recessed. Hard to judge tho. Yea my mandible and chin are significantly recessed.
you probably will be one of those "normie to chad" transformations.
That would be lifefuel :feelsgood:. People that have rated me in DMs said I could gain about 0.5-0.75 PSL by bimax.
Did you ask surgeon about genio? If you only asked bimax he might not have considered genio
I don't think genio is a good option for me. Yea it would help but my entire mandible is recessed. I need to maxx everything I can so I wanna do this properly and not take any shortcuts.

• +1
Reactions: valhalar and randomvanish
Do you have real photos?

• +1
Anyone know Alfaro or Raffaini prices? I don’t want to pay 80k like Coceancig charges

• +1
Reactions: mulattomaxxer
Anyone know Alfaro or Raffaini prices? I don’t want to pay 80k like Coceancig charges
Alfaro quoted me 35k euro. Unsure how much Raffaini costs.