Bimax/BSSO

Acromegaly_Chad

Acromegaly_Chad

Offical Surgery Consultant
Just a very quick thread about BSSO. Most retards believe the distance of a BSSO is limited by the distance between frontal lower and frontal upper teeth, or by how much the maxilla can be advanced.

Wrong. You are fucking retarded to believe this.

You can extract 2 premolars in the jaw, set back the frontal lower teeth by around 5 - 6mm and gain this as distance to frontal upper teeth that then can be closed with a BSSO.

So extracting 2 premolars gives you 5 -6mm additional mandible bone.

• +1
Reactions: one job away, mewcoper, coolguy1 and 2 others
You can extract 2 premolars in the jaw, set back the frontal lower teeth by around 5 - 6mm and gain this as distance to frontal upper teeth that then can be closed with a BSSO.

people who had consultation with any surgeon know this.

But most people are misrepresented that the hivemind here said extraction isnt desirable.

• Love it
Reactions: Toth's thot
Just a very quick thread about BSSO. Most retards believe the distance of a BSSO is limited by the distance between frontal lower and frontal upper teeth, or by how much the maxilla can be advanced.

I had 2 of my lower premolars removed and braces to decompensate as a prerequisite for the bimax.

I may be doing IPR this Wednesday to allow further space for a bigger advancement of the mandible.

Last edited:
  • Love it
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad
Extracting premolars = death, your buccal corridors will narrow

• +1
Reactions: .👽.
Extracting premolars = death, your buccal corridors will narrow
that's not the problem. it's that your jaw can lose lateral width if you do that

probably only needed in rather extreme cases of recession?

interesting nonetheless, though I don't think I'm retarded for not knowing this

• JFL
Reactions: Acromegaly_Chad

i am doing exactly what you saying rn