BIMAX for Boxing/MMA combatcells

W

WeWillAscend

Iron
Hey boyos, Currently competing in amateur boxing and have had a few mma fights and i would say i got quite a decent chin (never been dropped),. Would a bimax/genio effect my ability to take blows to the face after a full recovery. A lot of surgeons suggest don't recommend returning to contact sports after at least 6 months recovery however no one really talks about the impact of combat sports, where you will receive direct blows to the face including your jaw and chin area.

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois
Hey boyos, Currently competing in amateur boxing and have had a few mma fights and i would say i got quite a decent chin (never been dropped),. Would a bimax/genio effect my ability to take blows to the face after a full recovery. A lot of surgeons suggest don't recommend returning to contact sports after at least 6 months recovery however no one really talks about the impact of combat sports, where you will receive direct blows to the face including your jaw and chin area.
1 year after surgery and you can fight no problem, maybe even better than before due to metal screws holding jaw together.

• +1
Reactions: gribsufer1 and WeWillAscend
They always tell me that bones are even stronger than before after healing from a fracture. Doubt the leftover metal helps but they don't remove it anyways. I'm into muaythai and I like to spar, but I still am planning on trimax.

• +1
Reactions: WeWillAscend