Bimax vs Bsso recovery

O

one job away

Kraken
Is there a difference in the recovery or is just a bsso recovery just as brutal as a bimax one? What are the additional risks of an additional lefort 1?

• +1
Reactions: theanonymousone and sandcelmuttcel
are you debating between the two?

if you mean general risks I think they're relatively similar, both require general anethesia, both could result in numbness, you will have bigger chance of "something going wrong" since it's a double surgery but recovery is gonna be brutal with both, both are gonna make you swollen like a balloon and make you eat liquid for some time
I mean who cares if your pain is extented to the maxilla too once you're getting painkillers
In my opinion the risks are more aesthetic (lips, tips nose, nostrils, with just bsso you're gonna be safe with all of that)

• +1
Reactions: one job away

if you mean general risks I think they're relatively similar, both require general anethesia, both could result in numbness, you will have bigger chance of "something going wrong" since it's a double surgery but recovery is gonna be brutal with both, both are gonna make you swollen like a balloon and make you eat liquid for some time
I mean who cares if your pain is extented to the maxilla too once you're getting painkillers
In my opinion the risks are more aesthetic (lips, tips nose, nostrils, with just bsso you're gonna be safe with all of that)
no i think with lefort 1 theres more bleeding and you swallow it through the nose and you puke it up when you wake up from sedation

no i think with lefort 1 theres more bleeding and you swallow it through the nose and you puke it up when you wake up from sedation
i mean i havent heard anyone saying he puked buckets of blood from bsso alone unlike bimax
feel free to correct me on this

i mean i havent heard anyone saying he puked buckets of blood from bsso alone unlike bimax
feel free to correct me on this
I was puking up blood from Rhinoplasty. As long as it's only the first day and you're in the hospital it shouldn't be an issue.

• Woah
Reactions: sandcelmuttcel
With Lefort I I thought there are a few important arteries that may be encountered, increasing the hemorrhage risk?

And with bimax I hear people get nasty nosebleeds a lot, and puke up a lot of blood/fluids.

• +1
Reactions: one job away

Yeah. I most likely will go for an bsso only but with braces to set the teeth back, if needed premolar extraction to allow for a bigger setback which allows for a bigger advancement. Additionally procline the upper teeth a bit. It should be enough and if not a additional genio. I completely forgot about the aesthetic risks that come with a lefort. Would also mean if I don’t get e lf1 I can get rhino immediatly. Maybe i still wait tho. I still have 2 weeks + for my next consultation so Im gathering ideas rn.

But my question was mostly about the recovery. Like a bimax pretty much means you can forget life for 3 months meaning I can only do it in the winter or after summer so i don’t lose a summer of my life.

is bsso the same recovery ?

Last edited: