bioavailability of pressed pills

Julian

Julian

Kraken
So almost everyone here is taking supplements. But I don't think everyone is thinking about bioavailability. For example you take a calcium pill with 800mg of calcium. But you don't absorb 100% of that. Lets say the bioavailability is 20% you only absorb 800 * 0.2 = 160mg of calcium. But I'm not sure what the percentage is that you absorb approximately. Anyone has an idea on this? Gonna determine how many pills I should take cuz I wanna megadose calcium, k2, zinc, d3 and boron

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2621
Eat a proper diet and you dont need supplements or to care about "bioavailability". JFL pretending to looksmax and still eating a modern corporate diet.

• +1
Reactions: Notorious
Eat a proper diet and you dont need supplements or to care about "bioavailability". JFL pretending to looksmax and still eating a modern corporate diet.

JFL at thinking you can get the megadoses I want with just your diet.

He means that megadosing doesn't equal extra benefit. Getting RDI from diet is usually good enough.

Want to look into this also. Wheat apparently inhibits absorption, @cocainecowboy I believe you were talking about this?

Want to look into this also. Wheat apparently inhibits absorption, @cocainecowboy I believe you were talking about this?
not me i think, but i dont eat gluten actually

• +1
Reactions: LordNorwood
What do you need those megadoses for OP? Can you share links to related medical research?

So almost everyone here is taking supplements. But I don't think everyone is thinking about bioavailability. For example you take a calcium pill with 800mg of calcium. But you don't absorb 100% of that. Lets say the bioavailability is 20% you only absorb 800 * 0.2 = 160mg of calcium. But I'm not sure what the percentage is that you absorb approximately. Anyone has an idea on this? Gonna determine how many pills I should take cuz I wanna megadose calcium, k2, zinc, d3

You absorb boron just fine k2 and d3 are fat soluble so take it with a meal

Just check if its fat or water soluble vitamin