Bodyweight workout to gain muscle?

D

Deleted member 43277

Vanity is the flatterer of the soul.
Looking for a good workout to build msucle and lose facial fat. Im also doing 16-8 intermittent fasting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128
push ups buy a bar and start doing chin ups plus squats bulgarian split squats thats what im doing

Looking for a good workout to build msucle and lose facial fat. Im also doing 16-8 intermittent fasting
jumping rope has helped me before for lose fat in general

for the upper body bodyweight exercise can help but for lower body you need to add a lot of weight

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128 and Deleted member 43277
If ur trying to only use body weight you can build an extremely solid foundation. Push-ups sit-ups squats and do sprint intervals.
Go for 100 push-ups 100 squats and 100 sit-ups over the course of the entire day. Then gradually build up on that number.

Also another thing , there is no way to specifically lose facial fat. You will lose fat all over your body but lucky for you the face is usually the first place fat loss tends to occur at. Good luck 👍🏽

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6128, Deleted member 43277 and imabetanumale
You are not going to build much muscle with pure bodyweight movements. It will only make a difference if you are skeleton-tire skinny. Weighted bodyweight movements (weighted pull ups, weighted dips) are pretty good. Lift weights to get bigger.

You are not going to build much muscle with pure bodyweight movements. It will only make a difference if you are skeleton-tire skinny. Weighted bodyweight movements (weighted pull ups, weighted dips) are pretty good. Lift weights to get bigger.
This is not true. I knew someone that went on to play division 2 football as a safety and he never was a weight room guy. He did pushups and sit-ups and literally just had a really good frame. It’s not about the gym and weights. It’s about consistency and how bad you want it. If you pour a bucket of water on a rock nothing happens. But if a drop of water keeps dropping on a rock for a year straight there will be a hole in the rock. It’s not about the equipment u have, it’s about what you do with what u have and how consistent are you

callisthenics

This is not true. I knew someone that went on to play division 2 football as a safety and he never was a weight room guy. He did pushups and sit-ups and literally just had a really good frame. It’s not about the gym and weights. It’s about consistency and how bad you want it. If you pour a bucket of water on a rock nothing happens. But if a drop of water keeps dropping on a rock for a year straight there will be a hole in the rock. It’s not about the equipment u have, it’s about what you do with what u have and how consistent are you
Some people are genetically gifted and put on muscle easily, but lifting weights is far superior to pure bodyweight movements.

Plenty of people go to the gym and make absolutely no progress. The gym and weights isn’t some magic muscle gaining
Some people are genetically gifted and put on muscle easily, but lifting weights is far superior to pure bodyweight movements.
the genetic superior thing is a way for people to cope with being lazy and not wanting to work hard. All the guys I know that went to play football or run track were the hardest working dudes that never went to any parties. This dude literally would bust out pushups in the classroom. His level of consistency and dedication was unparalleled. It’s always the losers who bring up genetics

Genetics play a factor of being the best of the best of the .1% but anyone who works hard can go on to build a lot of muscle and be a collegiate athlete. Now will it take genetics to be a IFBB pro or to be a professional athlete ? Absolutely. But to say that it takes good genes to build a solid frame or to play sports at a high level is crazy

Look at calisthenics communities on reddit, internet forums, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
Intermittent fasting is a meme. Don't do it if you are serious about building muscle mass. Even if you are a calisthenics bro who is obsessed with abs and facial aesthetics. You need protein and calories throughout the day ideally to build muscle mass optimally.

What's your height and weight anyways?

If you're not legit fat (like 25+ BMI), you shouldn't even be thinking about cutting.

If you're skinnyfat, like most of the population that isn't fat, you should bulk to at least 25 BMI and then maybe recomp after that. But to bulk you need to join a gym and lift free weights (barbells and dumbbells) and use the machines, including the cable machines.

Calisthenics can only take you so far. If you're going to be a calisthenics bro then you probably should eat at maintenance calories and try to recomp fat to muscle.

Calisthenics is under-rated and I include some calisthenics in my workout plan but its limited. I do pull-ups, chin-ups, push-ups, decline sit-ups (45 degrees), inverted rows and side planks at the gym or at home. But I had some serious chest DOMS on Monday after doing bench, chest press and push-ups so I'm going to remove push-ups from my routine. And I feel like getting rid of the side planks, inverted rows and decline sit-ups. Because I want to cut back on my volume.

Last edited:
Genetics play a factor of being the best of the best of the .1% but anyone who works hard can go on to build a lot of muscle and be a collegiate athlete. Now will it take genetics to be a IFBB pro or to be a professional athlete ? Absolutely. But to say that it takes good genes to build a solid frame or to play sports at a high level is crazy
Nevertheless, some people put on muscle easier than others.

Plenty of people go to the gym and make absolutely no progress. The gym and weights isn’t some magic muscle gaining
The strongest and most muscular people in the world lift weights.

>lose facial fat
Imagine believing in this shit in 2024