Bored people pre-Internet

6.5PSL

Banned
Say in the mid-1900s, what do you think most bored people did? There's no whipping out your phone and going on TikTok, YouTube, internet forums, playing video games, etc. What do you think a bored person would do? What would you do if you were bored in that time period?

I actually feel super blessed I grew up right before the internet became hyper-accessible, as a lot of my childhood was spent outside with my neighbors doing typical kid stuff (playing in the woods, fun games, sports, banter, etc.) Kind of feel bad for kids now, that the ideal "school day off" is hopping on COD in your room for hours. Genuinely think if you were born after 2009, you're a different person.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17402 and LeBrawn
technology post 19th century is a curse

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 17402
Go hunting

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16530
The thing is back then people’s brains weren’t fried on dopamine like today’s people.

That means it was enough to go out with people,read books,watch a single tv episode,visit places,go to eat,chat with people,kids played outside and etc

Today,people’s brains are stimulated from opening their eyes in the morning with their phone to going to bed at night staring at their phones.

• +1
Reactions: Patient A, Deleted member 17402, Biiyo03 and 1 other person
they could just sit on their porch with a beer and call it entertainment
i would need to be browsing 2 sub reddits and looksmax while listening to music and edging my cock in order to be entertained

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 14905, Patient A, Entschuldigung and 5 others
Ted was right unfortunately 😔. I feel like the technology to total happiness output peaked around the 80s and will continue to fall from there. That is, until the 80s, I think technology solved more problems than it caused by medical advances, international travel, etc, but now I think it's causing more problems than it's solving. Maybe should do separate post on this.

• +1
Reactions: Biiyo03
Ted was right unfortunately 😔. I feel like the technology to total happiness output peaked around the 80s and will continue to fall from there. That is, until the 80s, I think technology solved more problems than it caused by medical advances, international travel, etc, but now I think it's causing more problems than it's solving. Maybe should do separate post on this.
Stop coping. Read Technological Society by Ellul. It's the book that made the unabomber go ER. If you haven't been techniquepilled yet, you don't understand what is actually actually happening right now and how humanity is doomed. It never began for humancells. Agriculture was probably the first mistake, get ellulmaxxed. The full audibook is on YT

• +1
Reactions: Moggable
Before 2010s everything was more fun
People used to go to their friends houses, families would go to restaurants and plazas with playgrounds, kids would be playing on the streets till midnight. The world sucks these days ngl

they could just sit on their porch with a beer and call it entertainment
i would need to be browsing 2 sub reddits and looksmax while listening to music and edging my cock in order to be entertained
Whilst high on prescription opium and adderal