Botox wearing off already (~1 month after)

Bewusst

Bewusst

dead inside
I had Botox injections on 18th of september (I believe) to lower my eyebrow arches and I can already raise them a little again, which means it's losing its effect.

Bad news but I'm gonna have to get an eyebrow transplant anyway - if it only wasn't so expensive for my poor little pocket...

(@Brandon10, I believe, this would be of interested for you.)

• +1
Reactions: Brandon10 and Deleted member 3043
But you didn't have a lot of Botox injected did you

But you didn't have a lot of Botox injected did you
Define "a lot". Dk how many units tbh but def multiple injections. Couldn't raise the lateral part of my eyebrows at all so it was enough to paralyze the targeted muscle areas.

Define "a lot". Dk how many units tbh but def multiple injections. Couldn't raise the lateral part of my eyebrows at all so it was enough to paralyze the targeted muscle areas.
I'd say less than 10 but there's no point if you don't how much did you've had injected. Also if it was only on the lateral eyebrow it was kind of expected to not give a completely low brow look, you'd need to also need to inject the middle and the inner parts.
Will you go ahead with a reverse brow lift as your doc suggested?

I'd say less than 10 but there's no point if you don't how much did you've had injected. Also if it was only on the lateral eyebrow it was kind of expected to not give a completely low brow look, you'd need to also need to inject the middle and the inner parts.
Will you go ahead with a reverse brow lift as your doc suggested?
I already had a thread lift (see my thread).

The reason why I didn't want the inner and middle region of the frontalis muscle to be injected is because my brows are naturally too positively-tilted (u saw my pics). I want my eyebrow arches as low as - for me - possible.

Btw, could smoking be a reason for Botox wearing off so quickly? Acetylcholine receptors etc. ...

I already had a thread lift (see my thread).

The reason why I didn't want the inner and middle region of the frontalis muscle to be injected is because my brows are naturally too positively-tilted (u saw my pics). I want my eyebrow arches as low as - for me - possible.

Btw, could smoking be a reason for Botox wearing off so quickly? Acetylcholine receptors etc. ...

I didn't find anything relevant in the literature, but a blog post of a doc says

Studies show that smoking doesn’t immediately undo the benefits of a Botox treatment, but it will have an adverse impact over time, and tends to shorten the positive effects.

• +1
Reactions: Bewusst
I didn't find anything relevant in the literature, but a blog post of a doc says

That makes sense. I could imagine that nicotine might increase acetylcholine receptors in number as it attaches to them.

Here the Botox before and after my doc has taken (better quality than in previous Botox thread).

Before:
 20191025 181012

After:
 20191025 181213

> I know, I need blepharoplasty bad to fix that hooding on my right eye (left side on pics). <

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043

Attachments

• IMG_20191025_182332.jpg
    IMG_20191025_182332.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 3
Guys, Botox only lowered my eyebrow arches (the right one more than the left) which is why I got it. It didn't change anything else!

Second pic is just uglier expression + it seems I'm trying to slightly raise my brows. That's it. My eye area is shit. I know.
Looked better before. After looks like you got NCT. How much did you pay?
I think I naturally have slight NCT. Botox didn't change anything besides eyebrow position (slightly). I paid 150€, I think.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3043