Boyfriend lost his abs and gained weight. I no longer find him attractive. Am I a terrible person?

ElySioNs

ElySioNs

Mercenary
So my boyfriend of two years has put on some weight. He is by no means fat, or even chubby. He is 5'8" and when I first met him, he weighed around 155, and now he is about 165, but in significantly worse shape. He has basically replaced a lot of muscle with fat.

I love him very much. And I used to be absolutely crazy about sex with him. But now, it's like it's just hard for me to get in the mood. I find myself having to work at it, where before it just came naturally. Every now and then I picture what he looked like a year ago, and it is an instant turn on. I hate myself for it, but I have finally admitted (at least in my own head) that I don't really find him physically attractive with clothes off anymore.

Does this make me a terrible, shallow woman? I should mention that I take a lot of pride in my own physical appearance. I model part time and am comfortable saying that I am very physically attractive. Is it bad that I crave the same thing from my partner? Should I just learn to deal with disappointment or would it be better to tell him and try to change him? Or change myself..? Help!

• +1
Reactions: iloveboobs
dn read
gay conversion therapy is always an option op

So my boyfriend of two years has put on some weight. He is by no means fat, or even chubby. He is 5'8" and when I first met him, he weighed around 155, and now he is about 165, but in significantly worse shape. He has basically replaced a lot of muscle with fat.

I love him very much. And I used to be absolutely crazy about sex with him. But now, it's like it's just hard for me to get in the mood. I find myself having to work at it, where before it just came naturally. Every now and then I picture what he looked like a year ago, and it is an instant turn on. I hate myself for it, but I have finally admitted (at least in my own head) that I don't really find him physically attractive with clothes off anymore.

Does this make me a terrible, shallow woman? I should mention that I take a lot of pride in my own physical appearance. I model part time and am comfortable saying that I am very physically attractive. Is it bad that I crave the same thing from my partner? Should I just learn to deal with disappointment or would it be better to tell him and try to change him? Or change myself..? Help!
Reddit LARP made by a subhuman gym-cel. The giveaway was when "she" mentioned his "abs". Women care about a beautiful FACE, everything else is a secondary cope.

• JFL
Reactions: iloveboobs and ElySioNs