[Brutal] Accutane gave me Lichen Planopilaris

Deleted member 7173

Deleted member 7173

Virgin 6'2 Pretty boy Mogger (Look at AVI and see)
Jfl at anyone who uses accutane. I just purchased a Giga zoomed camera and saw what looks exactly like classic trichoscopic findings of lichen planopilaris. I didn't save any of the photos that I took of my scalp due to how depressed it made me, but it looked IDENTICAL to this-
8 Figure9 1

My scalp had the white scales, and the area surrounding many of the follicles were so red it looked almost like blood. Fucking over ngl.

I'm very distraught. No treatments are available for this scarring hairloss, and the medication I'm on (tofacitinib) only works 20% of the time. Will rope soon ngl. Hair is indeed life, and losing my hair permanentatly will be the end of me. I don't see myself living another month quite honestly, especially once I go to a derm and get a professional diagnosis.

My moderator application should be ignored, I won't be around any more.

@Greecgawd @Yahyeet

Sadly the hairloss is permanent, @nelson

Also @wagbox , hope u didn't take accutane.

Well. It's been a good ride on this forum. Logging off now.

@EreptileDysfunction @Subhuman trash

Message me on SanctionedS if anyone wants to talk

Last edited:
  • So Sad
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: ReverseNorwoodPill, Deleted member 8758, Deleted member 6382 and 12 others
Suicide is never the answer

Hair systems, hair transplants going ER

You have plenty of alternatives

RIP. I took accutane 8 years ago and I also have a digital microscope. BRB checking my follicles but I think I'm fine tbh since I have a full head of hair with NW1.

ur hair looks good from the pics uve posted lol

WIN 20201007 22 10 00 Pro
WIN 20201007 22 15 08 Pro

idfk what I'm looking at

Last edited:
I started taking it already (day 3) should I stop

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
Thanks for documenting this man, you can also look into hair transplant, if you have a family dont rope.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7866 and Stare
A
Jfl at anyone who uses accutane. I just purchased a Giga zoomed camera and saw what looks exactly like classic trichoscopic findings of lichen planopilaris. I didn't save any of the photos that I took of my scalp due to how depressed it made me, but it looked IDENTICAL to this-
View attachment 718122
My scalp had the white scales, and the area surrounding many of the follicles were so red it looked almost like blood. Fucking over ngl.

I'm very distraught. No treatments are available for this scarring hairloss, and the medication I'm on (tofacitinib) only works 20% of the time. Will rope soon ngl. Hair is indeed life, and losing my hair permanentatly will be the end of me. I don't see myself living another month quite honestly, especially once I go to a derm and get a professional diagnosis.

My moderator application should be ignored, I won't be around any more.

@Greecgawd @Yahyeet

Sadly the hairloss is permanent, @nelson

Well. It's been a good ride on this forum. Logging off now.

@EreptileDysfunction @Subhuman trash

Message me on SanctionedS if anyone wants to talk
Accutane is a nightmare drug and I wish I never took it. I am so sorry this happened to you too.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173
A

Accutane is a nightmare drug and I wish I never took it. I am so sorry this happened to you too.
What did accutane do to you? Did it also give you Lichen Planopilaris:feelsmega::feelsmega::feelswhat::feelswhat::feelswhat:

accutane is a chemotherapy type drug so its obvious you'll lose hair

• +1
accutane is a chemotherapy type drug so its obvious you'll lose hair
The mechanism of hairloss is not chemotherapy however. Much worse

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5912
The mechanism of hairloss is not chemotherapy however. Much worse
yeah its the bodies inflammation
destroying the hair follicle
Accutane is poison

• +1
yeah its the bodies inflammation
destroying the hair follicle
Accutane is poison
All this hair that I've lost so far will never come back. Brutal.
Screenshot 20201008 002252

• So Sad
Reactions: lutte, Deleted member 5393 and Deleted member 5912
Accutane gave me cheloid scars

Did you ever shed from accutane. That looks like a perifollicular scale if I'm not mistaken
Nah my hair never got affected, and imo it doesnt look like a perifollicular scale, Its dead skin cells. After looking up the link between accutane and lichen planopilaris the only thing I found was that it's actually a treatment FOR the condition, so I don't see how it could cause it.

• +1
Bruh what dosage are you on and how long? Bodyweight?
30mg 135lb. I don't want to get into the science of how accutane can trigger lichen planopilaris, but it can. Just brutal

30mg 135lb. I don't want to get into the science of how accutane can trigger lichen planopilaris, but it can. Just brutal
I was on 20mg and I must've weighed like 110lbs at the time. Rip dude. Certainly doesn't happen to everyone but I've heard enough horror stories about permanent hair loss. Fuck this stupid drug, my dermatologist should be in jail for giving this to children that can't consent to this shit and are still developing.

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder and Deleted member 7173
I was on 20mg and I must've weighed like 110lbs at the time. Rip dude. Certainly doesn't happen to everyone but I've heard enough horror stories about permanent hair loss. Fuck this stupid drug, my dermatologist should be in jail for giving this to children that can't consent to this shit and are still developing.
I'm going to go ER on the derm who prescribed it to me. Funny thing is that he was a completely bald soyboy, probably wanted to see me suffer. Fuck derms

• JFL
Reactions: GreenHat500
how is everyone here so skinny wtf

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Norwooder, EverythingMattersCel, TITUS and 2 others
The sides hair may come back dude if it's not shit retrograde.

• Love it
The sides hair may come back dude if it's not shit retrograde.
Lichen planopilaris is permanent. Using my trichoscope I can see scarring where the follicles should be.

Lichen planopilaris is permanent. Using my trichoscope I can see scarring where the follicles should be.
Well...fuck.

But when I searched for Lichen planopilaris and accutane, the accutane is mentioned as a treatment for this condition. How come?

• +1
Well...fuck.
The shitty part is the hairloss continues. I am still losing 250+ hairs a day, all of which will never come back due to the scarring. I am hoping to visit a derm tomorrow, however I am already taking the most potent medication for this disease to no avail (ordered straight from India)
Theoden

• +1
Well...fuck.

But when I searched for Lichen planopilaris and accutane, the accutane is mentioned as a treatment for this condition. How come?
It's been seen to slow down LP. Not alot of research shows why. However if you go on alopecia World.com, plenty of people get Lichen Planopilaris through use of retinoids.

It's sort of like treating post finasteride syndrome with finasteride.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4410
Do u recommend retin a or what. Also 250 hairs man are ur hands just clumped with hair after a shower.

• +1
Do u recommend retin a or what. Also 250 hairs man are ur hands just clumped with hair after a shower.
My hands have so much hair in them I can't see skin. I know it sounds absurd but it's true. Also jfl, I'm obviously not going to recommend any retinoids. People on alopecia world.com get lichen planopilaris and other hairloss issues just through mild use of retin a. Not worth it

Man I feel so Damn sorry for u it must feel terrible to lose ur hair cause of some retard drug. U got this though worst case scenario hair system.

• +1
Fuck accutane I took it 2 times in my life and I feel like a braindead Zombie. During my second round I even upped my dose to 60mg for a week once, lol @ me. It really does some fckd up shit to your body. They should ban this shit drug ASAP

Im sorry for you .. you seems a bro but don’t get demoralized.
It is permanent but if cured in time it grows back; see the derm tomorrow it will help for sure.

Also you could still hair transplant; from the pick it isn’t that bad and 100% recoverable with hair transplant

@Gunnersup wherr did you use the trichoscope? On the sides of your head?

Same with orthos who extract teeth on unsuspecting teens... Think how many guys' lives they ruin by recessing them. Orthos are incel factories on the level of 4'10 asian women

• JFL
Isotretinoin for the treatment of facial lichen planopilaris: A new indication for an old drug, a case series study

Just shave it bro.

Sounds like the Post Finasteride Sindrome, finasteride gave aids to some faggots, take care out there.
I asked my derm about accutane and he told me better not touch it. Considering you can use regular tret cream and whatnot, probably better to use it as last resort. Accutane can promote cyst growth and burst your cysts all over the place giving you some good crater scars, and good luck getting rid of them.
First year of uni some friend started accutane just after getting a gf, his face would explode spontaneously, he would bleed from his skin out of nowhere and got cyst craters all over his face. He would have been better off just using some topicals on his face. His gf left him of course.

Last edited:
My condolences boyo, I doubt it was the accutane tbh given on googling I actually saw a few studies that talk about using it to treat it. Could just be that you already had a generic predisposition to it. Though everyone is different, accutane should without a doubt always be used as a last resort for treatment resistant skin problems. It saved me and I had next to no side effects from it.

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder
How long has it been since you stopped the Accutane?

Jfl at anyone who uses accutane.

I’m sorry this happened to you but it’s extremely irresponsible to imply just because it happened to you it will happen to everyone else because frankly, it almost definitely won’t.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Norwooder, wagbox, Deleted member 6382 and 1 other person

I’m sorry this happened to you but it’s extremely irresponsible to imply just because it happened to you it will happen to everyone else because frankly, it almost definitely won’t.
It's been 4 months. Yeah ur right this is just super unlucky on my part. Always unlucky

• +1

But permanent side effects will happen to almost anyone. This shit is fucked, it causes permanent change in dna expression, dna damage, and even organic brain damage in one study. Remember its used as chemo for brain cancer patients.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 7173 and Deleted member 5634
But permanent side effects will happen to almost anyone. This shit is fucked, it causes permanent change in dna expression, dna damage, and even organic brain damage in one study. Remember its used as chemo for brain cancer patients.
I agree. Most people will get some sort of permenant side effect. Usually worse than acne. Just sucks I got arguably the worst side effect possible

No, the vast majority of people have an uneventful course and was well worth the temporary side effects.

• +1
Reactions: Norwooder and Deleted member 7173
No, the vast majority of people have an uneventful course and was well worth the temporary side effects.
Permanent damage of the sebaceous glands is how accutane works, and side effects are massively underreported. I would pretty much say 100% of people that went on an accutane course long enough to make a difference have experienced a permanent change in their body.

Permanent damage of the sebaceous glands is how accutane works, and side effects are massively underreported. I would pretty much say 100% of people that went on an accutane course long enough to make a difference have experienced a permanent change in their body.

Experiencing a permanent reduction in sebaceous gland size is the point, I don’t know why you are arguing that as a bad thing.

Obviously drugs aren’t magic and all drugs have some risks of side effects but you take them when the benefits outweighs he potential risks - everyone should know that - but the SIMON PSLers are just finding this out, and then coming hear and fear mongering. It’s one thing to share your individual experience and failure but to imply it has a high chance of happening to someone else is ridiculous.

Moreover the origin of the hair loss has yet to be confirmed.

If drugs got taken off the market every time someone had a side effect then there would be no drugs.

Single
Immature
Male
Overly-Expectant
Narcissistic

Last edited:
  • +1
OP

If this is really scar tissue around the follicle and your current treatment is unsuccessful, I propose you consider an experimental treatment and that is Collagenase Microneedling starting with a small part of the scalp (1cmx1cm). It might reduce the scarring, do nothing, or make the hair loss worse so try an area you don’t care about like the back of the head/neck.

QWO is an injectable collagenase solution approved for breaking up collagenous septae that cause cellulite, so it would be an off label use.

You might be able to find a dermatologist or plastic surgeon willing to try. Most will probably say no since it’s off label and cite that collagenase injections into keloid scars have mixed results at best. But the way I see it, you would have little to lose.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: goat2x and Deleted member 7173
OP

If this is really scar tissue around the follicle and your current treatment is unsuccessful, I propose you consider an experimental treatment and that is Collagenase Microneedling starting with a small part of the scalp (1cmx1cm). It might reduce the scarring, do nothing, or make the hair loss worse so try an area you don’t care about like the back of the head/neck.

QWO is an injectable collagenase solution approved for breaking up collagenous septae that cause cellulite, so it would be an off label use.

You might be able to find a dermatologist or plastic surgeon willing to try. Most will probably say no since it’s off label and cite that collagenase injections into keloid scars have mixed results at best. But the way I see it, you would have little to lose.
Thanks for this info. I'm visiting a dermatologist tomorrow to hopefully get a diagnosis, and possibly a recommended treatment plan. The medication I'm on has decent results for Lichen Planopilaris. But I'll srsly look into what you wrote. I have nothing to lose.

• +1
Reactions: RealSurgerymax