Brutal study on the importance of looks.

Deleted member 275

Deleted member 275

Kraken
I cannot say often enough how much I consider beauty a powerful and advantageous quality.
Socrates called it "A short tyranny,"
and Plato, '~The privilege of nature."

We have no quality that surpasses it in credit. It holds the first place in human relations; it presents itself before the rest, seduces and prepossesses our judgment with great authority and a wondrous impression.

giphy.gif

This is the study that completely blackpilled me on the importance of looks, it's a meta-analysis of dozens of studies done in the past.

Everything can be said about the importance of looks and the lies we are consistently told in society with just the following beautifull paragraph from the study in the general discussion section:

The effects of facial attractiveness are robust and pandemic, extending beyond initial impressions of strangers to actual interactions with those whom people know and observe. Contrary to conventional wisdom, there is strong agreement both within and across cultures about who is and who is not attractive. Further- more, attractiveness is a significant advantage for both children and adults in almost every domain of judgment, treatment, and behavior we examined. The magnitude of attractiveness effects is roughly the same as or larger than that of other important variables in the social sciences. In most cases, the benefits of attractiveness are large enough to be "visible to the naked eye" and are of considerable practical significance. These meta-analyses starkly illuminate the fundamental contradiction between empirical research and maxims about beauty. On the basis of our results, we conclude that the maxims we examined are myths, not reality:

Beauty is more than just in the eye of the beholder
people do judge and treat others with whom they interact based on attractiveness
and, perhaps most surprisingly, beauty is more than just skin-deep.

Denying the huge importance of looks in the quality of life you will experience is just as stupid as thinking the world is flat. If you are not looking as good as you can, you are not living a life as good as you could.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: TheAnomaly, Deleted member 2658, didntreadlol and 13 others
Thank you god for making me beautiful

• WTF
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Gren, Deleted member 685, Deleted member 4430 and 7 others
giphy.gif

• +1
Reactions: Highrise, Deleted member 2658, NormieKilla and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: yayatourer and TheAnomaly
Thanks bro; very informative

Fuck this gay earth

We have no quality that surpasses it in credit. It holds the first place in human relations; it presents itself before the rest, seduces and prepossesses our judgment with great authority and a wondrous impression.

fuuaaaark

• JFL
Reactions: BigBoy
giphy.gif

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Patrick Baitman, nastynas, NormieKilla and 4 others
I mean i can some what thank him in that i'm in the west but that's about it
And that you’re not 5’2 or have a serious illness/handicap.

EVERYTHING is decided by genes. The way you think, your personality, the way you look. Humans are no more special than machines. I mean respect for Danny Devito for just clowning around and making bucks out of his appearance, but if you'd put my personality in his body he'd be hanging from a sealing.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: TheAnomaly, Gaia262, Equinox and 3 others
Some more interesting stuff from the meta-analysis.

*There's good reasons to believe from analyzed data that physical attractiveness has become even more important in more recent years than it used to be in the past.
Attractive adults were judged more positively than unattractive adults were, particularly for occupational competence. Attractive adults were also judged as having more social appeal, as more interpersonally competent, and as better adjusted than unattractive adults.
The moderator analyses revealed a single significant influence of the coded variables on the effect sizes: Studies published more recently produced larger effect sizes

*Physical attractiveness is just as important in deeper friendships/relationships/social bonds as it is in shallow relationships with strangers or unfamiliar people.
In no case was familiarity significant, suggesting the surprising conclusion that the effects of attractiveness are as strong when agents and targets know each other well as when they do not.

*Attractiveness is just as important for men as it is for women:
The overall lack of gender differences in ecologically valid situations suggests that, in most domains, attractiveness is equally important for men and women. These findings are consistent with the lack of gender differences found in other meta-analyses of stranger attribution research.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

• So Sad
Reactions: Deleted member 2658
Wouta is what

Water is wet, but better explained. Good thread

giphy.gif

This is the study that completely blackpilled me on the importance of looks, it's a meta-analysis of dozens of studies done in the past.

Everything can be said about the importance of looks and the lies we are consistently told in society with just the following beautifull paragraph from the study in the general discussion section:

Denying the huge importance of looks in the quality of life you will experience is just as stupid as thinking the world is flat. If you are not looking as good as you can, you are not living a life as good as you could.

giphy.gif

Do you have any more studies bhai ? like actual meta analysis not fucking single studies ? these types are near impossible to find

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 275
Do you have any more studies bhai ? like actual meta analysis not fucking single studies ? these types are near impossible to find
Nah. Might find some on /r/blackpillscience ?

Nah. Might find some on /r/blackpillscience ?

I looked but they are often single studies so whrn i try and argue with them i often get accused of making thoeries whilst using conjecture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back