Buccal fat removal vs reduction

Sanguinius

Sanguinius

Kraken
for anyone knowledgeable on bichectomy. The main issue with buccal fat removal is the loss of the underlying supporting structure in the cheek, are surgeons able to leave the foot print of the fat pad in place but just cut off the excess bulk, this would allow the supporting structure to remain intact but with a reduction in bulk? Or do they always completely cut the cheek portion out entirely?

• +1
Reactions: chrisN, Deleted member 1901 and Octavian_Augustus
Buccal fat pad is only one of the multiple fat pads in the cheek. Hard to imagine a partial reduction of that one fat pad would make much of a visual difference. Also, symmetry issues (does the doctor take out a precisely equal amount from each side?).

• +1
Reactions: Red Fox
Buccal fat pad is only one of the multiple fat pads in the cheek. Hard to imagine a partial reduction of that one fat pad would make much of a visual difference. Also, symmetry issues (does the doctor take out a precisely equal amount from each side?).
Both would depend upon the expertise of the doctor and your suitability for the surgery. But regardless, it’s besides the question

Both would depend upon the expertise of the doctor and your suitability for the surgery. But regardless, it’s besides the question
It's exactly relevant to the question. "Buccal fat removal vs reduction," I say reduction probably isn't substantial enough to matter.

• +1
Reactions: T50 Mogger
It's exactly relevant to the question. "Buccal fat removal vs reduction," I say reduction probably isn't substantial enough to matter.
The question was what can/will doctors do, not would the results be worth it

Most buccal fat removals I've seen are ghoulish. I really would just recommend getting lean, because if you have absolutely no bones then removal won't help either way

And yes I reckon some doctors will do pretty much anything if you've got the cash

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC, Deleted member 17244, Mr.Proper and 2 others
Tagging users that have had bichectomy

@Kronos @MadTwatter @Birdcell @$ @CristianT @washay6674 @Swole bravo @efes @Nims @Tasty17 @chadtindermoney @bugbug @Gandy @casadebanho @JamesHowlett @lilhorizontal32 @deepweb1298

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 24444
Most buccal fat removals I've seen are ghoulish. I really would just recommend getting lean, because if you have absolutely no bones then removal won't help either way
The problem isn’t always no bones; some niggas just can’t lose buccal fat.

Bichectomy is a solid surgery, but like most surgeries, only good for certain people.

• +1
  • Ugh..
Reactions: IndraBC, chrisN, T50 Mogger and 2 others
The problem isn’t always no bones; some niggas just can’t lose the fat on face.
This. Obviously bone mass helps, but just look at any skull jfl, even recessed ones, if you slapped a layer of skin and muscle on a skull with no fat they would have defined bones too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1901
Cope surgery.

If you don't have the underlying bone structure to get hollow cheeks by leanmaxxing then you shouldn't even try this meme procedure.

A vast majority of people have underwhelming results with buccal fat removal because they don't have a wide flared jaw and wide projected zygos. You're better off getting implants to mimic that.

Getting to 10% bodyfat is enough to reveal if you can get hollow cheeks or not.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 8771, IndraBC and Deleted member 28691
Cope surgery.

If you don't have the underlying bone structure to get hollow cheeks by leanmaxxing then you shouldn't even try this meme procedure.

A vast majority of people have underwhelming results with buccal fat removal because they don't have a wide flared jaw and wide projected zygos. You're better off getting implants to mimic that.

Getting to 10% bodyfat is enough to reveal if you can get hollow cheeks or not.
Do you not think it would typically make someone look better than if they did nothing?

for anyone knowledgeable on bichectomy. The main issue with buccal fat removal is the loss of the underlying supporting structure in the cheek, are surgeons able to leave the foot print of the fat pad in place but just cut off the excess bulk, this would allow the supporting structure to remain intact but with a reduction in bulk? Or do they always completely cut the cheek portion out entirely?
Yes, surgeons can remove just like 50% of the buccal fat pad

It's what he did with me

Don’t get it. I’m glad I never got it.

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Roamer, incel194012940 and Sanguinius
The problem isn’t always no bones; some niggas just can’t lose buccal fat.

Bichectomy is a solid surgery, but like most surgeries, only good for certain people.
Exactly. Some people just drew a horrible lot in the genetic lottery and need surgical intervention to get rid of buccal fat.

And in the case of these people, it doesn't age them prematurely, it's the only way to get hollow cheeks even when you are at sub 13% body fat.

Nothing worse than abusing DNP, Clenbuterol, eating chicken and greens for 12+ months and ending up with chipmunk cheeks despite veins popping all over your muscles and having a rock solid 6 pack.

Plastic surgery in cases like this is not just a self esteem thing, it could be necessary if you ever want to look good instead of just 'ok'.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Sanguinius, Deleted member 1901 and 1 other person

@Kronos @MadTwatter @Birdcell @$ @CristianT @washay6674 @Swole bravo @efes @Nims @Tasty17 @chadtindermoney @bugbug @Gandy @casadebanho @JamesHowlett @lilhorizontal32 @deepweb1298
I've never had a bichectomy.

The question was what can/will doctors do, not would the results be worth it
If you want partial removal instead of full removal thats quite easy to do, most of the time they dont remove all the fat anyways.
If you want a specific amount removed they can just remove all of it then inject a certain amount of the fat back in after removing it.

And yes I reckon some doctors will do pretty much anything if you've got the cash
No matter how lean I am I naturally store fat on my face like my mother, its not that I don't have bones, I just think my fat pads are larger than average

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius
I've never had a bichectomy.

If you want partial removal instead of full removal thats quite easy to do, most of the time they dont remove all the fat anyways.
If you want a specific amount removed they can just remove all of it then inject a certain amount of the fat back in after removing it.
You were thinking about it though? Any reason why you didn’t do it?

Every single one of them will age poorly

Any reason why you didn’t do it?
Well Im quite lean tbh (Probably sub 10% bodyfat), my father says I look like an addict because of how visible my bones are, so I started to think If I removed any fat I would probably look bad.

Im also planning on having a couple osteotomies so I want to wait until after those before removing any fat from my face.

• +1
Reactions: Sanguinius