Caffeine

D

Deleted member 22623

2 PSL + NT = life
Does caffeine lose its diuretic properties if you use it on a daily basis?

I haven't used caffeine for years, contemplating starting again...

Tagging ultimate debloat lord @pneumocystosis

• Love it
Reactions: pneumocystosis
i had caffeine ever since i was born till now. would be interesting to know how i would be without it.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 22623
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4725310/

caffeine never really had diuretic properties.

on average, when consuming 300 mg of caffeine, urine output increases by 100 mL (16%). This is literally nothing. It will not noticeably debloat your face.
Keep in mind that 300mg of caffeine represents two 475ml capppuccinos, or one dose of MyProtein's Alpha Pre-Workout.

In short, caffeine is not really going to flush water out of your body.

What caffeine does have though, is vasoconstrictive properties.
Basically, it will temporarily constrict your blood vessels, including the ones in your face.
Your face will thus get a slimmer appearance as the vessels take up less space, but it will still retain as much water as usual.

However, you do not want vasoconstriction to last too long, as lymphatic fluid will build up and possibly cause bloat. This is how coke sniffers get bloated.

Therefore, you should try to intake all your daily caffeine dose at the same time, and not progressively throughout the day.
I'd like to say that 2 major caffeine intakes per day is still okay since you're young and have correct blood pressure levels.
e.g. coffee in the morning and pre-workout in the evening.

To accurately answer your question, caffeine will unlikely lose it's vasoconstrictive effects when taken daily.
When taking caffeine, your face will temporarily appear slimmer, iff you are not retaining too much water in the first place.

Pneumo

Last edited:
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Tr0ubLe, roping3264, buflek and 2 others

on average, when consuming 300 mg of caffeine, urine output increases by 100 mL (16%). This is literally nothing. It will not noticeably debloat your face.
Keep in mind that 300mg of caffeine represents two 475ml capppuccinos, or one dose of MyProtein's Alpha Pre-Workout.

Basically, it will temporarily constrict your blood vessels, including the ones in your face.
Your face will thus get a slimmer appearance as the vessels take up less space, but it will still retain as much water as usual.

However, you do not want vasoconstriction to last too long, as lymphatic fluid will build up and possibly cause bloat. This is how coke sniffers get bloated.

Therefore, you should try to intake all your daily caffeine dose at the same time, and not progressively throughout the day.
I'd like to say that 2 major caffeine intakes per day is still okay since you're young and have correct blood pressure levels.

To accurately answer your question, caffeine will unlikely lose it's vasoconstrictive effects when taken daily.
When taking caffeine, your face will temporarily appear slimmer, iff you are not retaining too much water in the first place.

Pneumo
That's interesting.. Maybe I should try to ween off the nicotine as well since that's vasoconstrictive and I'm taking a lot of it daily to supress my appetite

• +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis
But that's hard since I'll start eating more then >:((

• So Sad
Reactions: KING REIDYZ and pneumocystosis

Glad you realized, I think it only works for first 1-2 days if you havenโ€™t had it in a while, also for coffee a study said that the water in the coffee itself is enough to replace your urine from it lol
I think if you havenโ€™t used it in days then use it and donโ€™t drink for hours, it can work, also the adrenaline hormones from it will hit you harder and shed that weight off

• Woah
  • +1
Reactions: pneumocystosis and Deleted member 22623

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221111-020826~2.png
    Screenshot_20221111-020826~2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 3147432_F1AD685B-1194-43F1-8C4F-3458F021D632.jpeg
    3147432_F1AD685B-1194-43F1-8C4F-3458F021D632.jpeg
    277 KB · Views: 0
  • Love it
Reactions: KING REIDYZ