Calisthenics (bodyweight fitness) is real and it builds muscle)

MagaPutinism

MagaPutinism

Swallow the duginpill
I work on getting good physique

not only building muscle, but its also building muscle that actually gives you strength and giving a better physique that looks much more aesthetic than free weights

• +1
  • JFL
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Toth's thot, Deleted member 6128, Copeful and 4 others
not only building muscle, but its also building muscle that actually gives you strength and giving a better physique that looks much more aesthetic than free weights
Yes strength nd mobility is legit but there's literally no aesthetic difference except leaner muscles

• +1
Reactions: reputation
Yes strength nd mobility is legit but there's literally no aesthetic difference except leaner muscles
Idk, it grows muscles quite well. Unless you want to have a TRULY buff body, then yeah.

But calisthenics grows main ones: chest, back, arms, shoulders, and core. Then if you train your legs by jogging or in the gym, you are pretty much completely covered (y)

• +1
Reactions: PapaGremlin
idk bro but i can see that my muscles are clearly getting bigger in volume as well

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16380
Give me a good workout plan for a beginner.

oh boy. the classic argument of calisthenics vs weights

Calisthenics is great. After going to the gym for some time I switched to gymnastics rings. Arms blew up and so did my back, but that was mostly because I didn't do enough volume for them in the gym, rings made me realize how much more volume I need for arms to grow.
I also got good strenght gains when I came back to weightlifting as well as identified my weak/neglected upper body muscles.

It is also fun, but is hard at first, but there are a lot of progressions so that a granny could do the basics.

The biggest problem with rings and BWF is that legs don't scale well. There is only so much you can do with shrimp squats, pistols, nordic curls ect. Nothing beats a good old 100+kg bar on your back for good leg development.

Tbh, in the end fitness is a lifestyle, switch it up once in a while, do rings, go to the gym, fuck it, go rock climbing for 3 months. Do whatever is fun for you and makes you want to keep going and stay healthy.

If you want fast progress and gains, then weightlifting 6x a week is GOAT. If you are in no rush and want a fun workout 4x a week with slow but steady and fun progress go with rings.

I like the gym overall more because i can do it year round and the progress is way more measurable and progressive overload is way easier.

Stay toxic :chad:

Calisthenics is best for natties. Pointless to lift heavy stuff as a natty

Give me a good workout plan for a beginner.
you should reseacrh different excercises and keep doing them until you can do more and when you can do alot of them move to the next progression

• +1
Reactions: slavmaxxer
You can build muscle through calisthenics but you need to work your muscles to exhaustion.
There is plenty of proof, such as prisoners eating shitty prison food with mediocre amounts of protein getting huge in prison with no gym equipment at all.

But I find it 10x easier to work your muscles to exhaustion with gym equipment. Instead of 60 reps you can do 6-8 with heavy weights then repeat 2-3 times for each muscle group. I think it's worth the membership.

And there is a sense of progress when you can add 10-20lbs to the plates or machine which you don't get in calisthenics or bodyweight exercises, where you just add to the number of repetitions.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: boss8055
As long as you don't care about legs it's great. I think even then if you can do 40 shrimp squats on each side your legs will be enough.

I'm OK with training for multiple sets up to 30-40 reps, muscular endurance is underrated, I'll need it if I ever get sex again.
Many studies showed the hypertrophy response is the same as long as sets are to failure.

Does anybody know why people who are doing it, have usually more ripped bodies than regular gymcels?

This is the biggest meme ever
Whether you go to the gym or do calisthenics you will look dyel

And there is a sense of progress when you can add 10-20lbs to the plates or machine which you don't get in calisthenics or bodyweight exercises, where you just add to the number of repetitions.
??? you can literally just wear weights in a backpack or attached to a belt for most bodyweight movements

This is the biggest meme ever
Whether you go to the gym or do calisthenics you will look dyel
I was today years old when i found that i am a living meme :feelsgah: