Calisthenics guide with routines for brokecels

CalulArgintiu59

CalulArgintiu59

Silver
Ik many guys here praise the gym and think it's better!Altough u can build serious muscle with calisthenics, u just have to do everyhting just like a bodybuilder!Most guys aren't gymnasts and their main focus is building muscle so I will try to keep things simple, reps should be 6-30, not more because it is possible to go into andurance and don't go past 5 sets!This guide is made for brokecels and for those who are lazy and not want to search for informations!
The routine should be done as a full workout at first and then do the clasic PPL, altough it's hard to build massive legs with calisthenics, u will eventually need to wear some sort of vest or use diy weights for the legs because they can be stubborn as fuck!For the guys who want to learn cool skills, it's not very advised to train legs like a desperate because it will make the skills harder, but u shouldn't skip leg day!Before I get into the routines make sure u know the proper form of the exercise, don't try to be a smartass and think u know what u are doing!A good thing would be to buy rings, as it will make exercising 10× harder, but it's fine if u are a brokecel!

Begginer routine(full body 2,3×/week with rest of 2 days, rest for more if soreness does't go away after 2 days):

Monday/Thursday/Sunday(exemple)
Warm up properly and do abt 3×5 scapula push ups then u can get into workout
Planche lean-3×10seconds
Regular push ups-3-5×10-I would suggest to do at least 1 set declined if u can because upper chest is worked more(if u aren't strong enough just do them on kness or inclined on a surface altough try to aim for regular)
Pike push ups 5×5(do progressions if u can't)
*optional*Pike holds-3×5-8seconds less if u can't+frog stands-3/4×15seconds
Pull ups-3×6-10(focus on negatives if u are too weak or buy a band to learn proper form easier)
Dips-3×6-10(use a band if u have it or do negatives till u build up, also don't go too deep if u don't have the mobility)
Regular squats-4×8-12
Archer squats-4×8-12
Lunges-4×8-12
Calf raises-3/4×12(and focus to do them slowly and control the negative, also I would suggest doing all the sets to failure because calves are very stubborn)
Boat hold-3/4×20-60seconds
Knee raises-3×8-12
U can aditonally finish the workout with a 30-60seconds hang or a few skin the cats(if u want)

PPL SPLIT:(not for begginers), I don't recommend working two days in a row push and pull because in calisthenics u mainly work compounds movements, u often don't isolate muscles!
PUSH DAY(for exemple monday)
It's better to have a pair of rings as u do the exercises a lot harder so it's a new stimulus!
Again warm up, never skip it and then do scapula push ups 3×8
1)Planche Lean-3×15-30seconds
2)Ring push ups with rings turned out 5×15-20and focus on the pectoral strecth at the end(again if u don't have rings it will be harder to stimulate hypertrophy if u aren't a begginer)
3)Pike push ups-3×8-12 or 4×8(on rings they are ofc harder or just elevate ur feet to make the pike push up deeper)
*if u have rings include ring flies 3×8-10 to work upper chest more*
4)Ring Dips/Dips-4×6-10(pause a second at the bottom and push urself slower)
*A quick reminder u could do isiometric holds but I don't really include them because it depends on the person's goal, some want to get jacked, some to learn skills, some to gain strenght, this guide is mostly focused on hypertrophy and it would be stupid to want to learn skills and be strong without some decent muscle mass because more muscle mass=more capacity for strenght*
End the routine with
5)Boat holds-3/4×30-120seconds
6)Knee raises-4×12
*rings holds-3/4×10-30seconds*

LEG DAY(for exemple Tuesday)
Warm up
1)Regular squats-4×8-20(add weight through weight vest prefreably or even with backpack, but u could have worse form)
2)Archer squats-4×8-20(again u can add weight)
3)Lunges-4×8-15
4)Calf raises 3/4×failure(u can keep 2 backpacks in hands in farmer walk style to make the exercise harder)*eventaully u can progress to a single leg calf raise+weight*
5)Boat hold-3/4×30-120seconds
(Now ofc it would be the best to aim for doing weighted pistol squats, but I included easier varriations)

Pull day(for exemple Wednesday)
Warm up+scapula pull ups3×5-8
1)Pull ups-3×6-10(if u hit 12 u can go weighted)
2)Chin ups-3×6-10
3)Inverted rows-australian pull ups done on a dip bar-(elevate ur feet as u progress with a chair or put legs on the dip bar in a park)-3×8-12, u can play around with the grip(supinated and pronated)
*if u have rings do bodyweight rows(similar to the australian pull ups, but better)*
4)If u are strong enough u can add tucked and then advanced tucked front lever pull ups and so on-3×6-8
5)Again if u can do, it will be a game changer front lever raises, u will have to do easier varriations at first(do mainly negatives)-3×6-8
6)Boat hold-3/4×30-120seconds
7)Knee raises-4×12
*optional ring holds-3/4×10-30seconds+some streches at the end such as dead hang or skin the cat for better shoulder mobility*

This is more likely PLP, but if u really want to u can do PPL, see what works best for u, ideally u want to do push and pull 2 times/week, u decide for legs either 1 or 2 times/week!I hope my guide can help some of u, I was really tired when I did the guide so if u have more questions u can ask me!I also have to mention, better results will be made if u have a proper diet and eat in a caloric surplus, don't lean bulk if u are fat(logical)!If u do calisthenics it doesn't mean u shouldn't eat like a bodybuilder, at the end of the day u want to stimulate hypertrophy!

• +1
  • Love it
  • JFL
Reactions: EvCu65, zura, thecel and 4 others
all this when you couldve been born light skin mulatto with insane lean physique naturally

• JFL
  • +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Hentaiwatcher69, pneumocystosis, Mezo103 and 5 others
nah shit basic thread

nah shit basic thread
What do u want more, to put u on a fucking iron cross training?:lul:U can ask every professional and will say stick to the basics for a long time!

What do u want more, to put u on a fucking iron cross training?:lul:U can ask every professional and will say stick to the basics for a long time!
its gay and sub optimal didnt even gtell them how to long term progress for optimal growth

I do not take anyone who does calisthetnics seriously at all

CalulArgintiu59

• +1
Reactions: CalulArgintiu59
its gay and sub optimal didnt even gtell them how to long term progress for optimal growth
What the hell are u saying?I didn't write just do this and this, I wrote that u can either do 3/4 or even 5 sets, a different rep range and as u progress u add more reps to certain exercises(for exemple) or u add weight!What is suboptimal, ur brain?

I do not take anyone who does calisthetnics seriously at all
I made this guide to try and help those who are too broke for gym, altough ofc gym will mog if u focus on hypertrophy

• +1
Reactions: TheBrownOne
Formatting makes this annoying to read but good thread

• +1
Formatting makes this annoying to read but good thread
Thx, this was my first guide and I didn't rly know how to format the text better

😍 thanks for helping all the lazy calisthenics copers here (myself included) will rep until i am built like geodude or some nigger who doesnt even train

• +1
Reactions: Krakowski
Your program is dogshit. Do this:
Can u read the title? This guide is for brokecels, ofc gym is superior for hypertrophy, but how can people do ur program if they can't afford going to the gym in the first place :lul:

• +1
Reactions: thecel
Can u read the title? This guide is for brokecels, ofc gym is superior for hypertrophy, but how can people do ur program if they can't afford going to the gym in the first place :lul:

Just repeat the program’s calisthenics day 3 times weekly.

Big issue with calisthenics is that it neglects the upper chest and lateral delts. Both crucial for an aesthetic phyisque. Instead you will end up with overdeveloped front delts and lower chest

• +1
Big issue with calisthenics is that it neglects the upper chest and lateral delts. Both crucial for an aesthetic phyisque. Instead you will end up with overdeveloped front delts and lower chest
U are right, but I gave exemples of exercises for upper chest(elevated push ups, especially done on rings+ring flies)and for side delts u can do pike push ups(elevated, on rings to make them deeper, etc) + HSPU assisted by a wall and eventually when u are strong enough u can do proper HSPU, which are a killer for shoulders!

Ik many guys here praise the gym and think it's better!Altough u can build serious muscle with calisthenics, u just have to do everyhting just like a bodybuilder!Most guys aren't gymnasts and their main focus is building muscle so I will try to keep things simple, reps should be 6-30, not more because it is possible to go into andurance and don't go past 5 sets!This guide is made for brokecels and for those who are lazy and not want to search for informations!
The routine should be done as a full workout at first and then do the clasic PPL, altough it's hard to build massive legs with calisthenics, u will eventually need to wear some sort of vest or use diy weights for the legs because they can be stubborn as fuck!For the guys who want to learn cool skills, it's not very advised to train legs like a desperate because it will make the skills harder, but u shouldn't skip leg day!Before I get into the routines make sure u know the proper form of the exercise, don't try to be a smartass and think u know what u are doing!A good thing would be to buy rings, as it will make exercising 10× harder, but it's fine if u are a brokecel!

Begginer routine(full body 2,3×/week with rest of 2 days, rest for more if soreness does't go away after 2 days):

Monday/Thursday/Sunday(exemple)
Warm up properly and do abt 3×5 scapula push ups then u can get into workout
Planche lean-3×10seconds
Regular push ups-3-5×10-I would suggest to do at least 1 set declined if u can because upper chest is worked more(if u aren't strong enough just do them on kness or inclined on a surface altough try to aim for regular)
Pike push ups 5×5(do progressions if u can't)
*optional*Pike holds-3×5-8seconds less if u can't+frog stands-3/4×15seconds
Pull ups-3×6-10(focus on negatives if u are too weak or buy a band to learn proper form easier)
Dips-3×6-10(use a band if u have it or do negatives till u build up, also don't go too deep if u don't have the mobility)
Regular squats-4×8-12
Archer squats-4×8-12
Lunges-4×8-12
Calf raises-3/4×12(and focus to do them slowly and control the negative, also I would suggest doing all the sets to failure because calves are very stubborn)
Boat hold-3/4×20-60seconds
Knee raises-3×8-12
U can aditonally finish the workout with a 30-60seconds hang or a few skin the cats(if u want)

PPL SPLIT:(not for begginers), I don't recommend working two days in a row push and pull because in calisthenics u mainly work compounds movements, u often don't isolate muscles!
PUSH DAY(for exemple monday)
It's better to have a pair of rings as u do the exercises a lot harder so it's a new stimulus!
Again warm up, never skip it and then do scapula push ups 3×8
1)Planche Lean-3×15-30seconds
2)Ring push ups with rings turned out 5×15-20and focus on the pectoral strecth at the end(again if u don't have rings it will be harder to stimulate hypertrophy if u aren't a begginer)
3)Pike push ups-3×8-12 or 4×8(on rings they are ofc harder or just elevate ur feet to make the pike push up deeper)
*if u have rings include ring flies 3×8-10 to work upper chest more*
4)Ring Dips/Dips-4×6-10(pause a second at the bottom and push urself slower)
*A quick reminder u could do isiometric holds but I don't really include them because it depends on the person's goal, some want to get jacked, some to learn skills, some to gain strenght, this guide is mostly focused on hypertrophy and it would be stupid to want to learn skills and be strong without some decent muscle mass because more muscle mass=more capacity for strenght*
End the routine with
5)Boat holds-3/4×30-120seconds
6)Knee raises-4×12
*rings holds-3/4×10-30seconds*

LEG DAY(for exemple Tuesday)
Warm up
1)Regular squats-4×8-20(add weight through weight vest prefreably or even with backpack, but u could have worse form)
2)Archer squats-4×8-20(again u can add weight)
3)Lunges-4×8-15
4)Calf raises 3/4×failure(u can keep 2 backpacks in hands in farmer walk style to make the exercise harder)*eventaully u can progress to a single leg calf raise+weight*
5)Boat hold-3/4×30-120seconds
(Now ofc it would be the best to aim for doing weighted pistol squats, but I included easier varriations)

Pull day(for exemple Wednesday)
Warm up+scapula pull ups3×5-8
1)Pull ups-3×6-10(if u hit 12 u can go weighted)
2)Chin ups-3×6-10
3)Inverted rows-australian pull ups done on a dip bar-(elevate ur feet as u progress with a chair or put legs on the dip bar in a park)-3×8-12, u can play around with the grip(supinated and pronated)
*if u have rings do bodyweight rows(similar to the australian pull ups, but better)*
4)If u are strong enough u can add tucked and then advanced tucked front lever pull ups and so on-3×6-8
5)Again if u can do, it will be a game changer front lever raises, u will have to do easier varriations at first(do mainly negatives)-3×6-8
6)Boat hold-3/4×30-120seconds
7)Knee raises-4×12
*optional ring holds-3/4×10-30seconds+some streches at the end such as dead hang or skin the cat for better shoulder mobility*

This is more likely PLP, but if u really want to u can do PPL, see what works best for u, ideally u want to do push and pull 2 times/week, u decide for legs either 1 or 2 times/week!I hope my guide can help some of u, I was really tired when I did the guide so if u have more questions u can ask me!I also have to mention, better results will be made if u have a proper diet and eat in a caloric surplus, don't lean bulk if u are fat(logical)!If u do calisthenics it doesn't mean u shouldn't eat like a bodybuilder, at the end of the day u want to stimulate hypertrophy!
and i thought gym was cope jfl

and i thought gym was cope jfl
Both are pretty much cope, but a good body can boost SMV, doesn't rly work if u are short and ugly!But for those who afford a gym membership, go there if u only want a nice body, gym is superior at building muscle!

Both are pretty much cope, but a good body can boost SMV, doesn't rly work if u are short and ugly!But for those who afford a gym membership, go there if u only want a nice body, gym is superior at building muscle!
it goes beyond me guys will revolve their whole life around putting on 5 pounds of muscle for women to still go for the skinny pretty boys.

it goes beyond me guys will revolve their whole life around putting on 5 pounds of muscle for women to still go for the skinny pretty boys.
Bro I made this thread and I still can't deny the fact that it won't improve ur day to day life :lul: It can be a fun activity and it can clear ur mind(the same with even cardio)it helps to get stronger, more muscular(weighted calisthenics would be better, but gym still mogs)and that would be all.It's just better for other guys to actually do smth rather than rot on this forum 24/7

• +1
Reactions: sam12344343
just buy a bar and put some stuff in a bag and do weighted chin ups and weighted push ups

Nah bro I'm not strong enough mentaly for that shit. I always skip legs because I fucking hate training them so I just do Push Pull back to back. So PP Rest PP Rest. On Push day's I do:
HPU 2 sets × max reps.
Dips 4 sets × 15-10 (sometimes weighted)
Superset of Decline push ups on parallettes 3 sets × max reps
And Triceps extension 3 sets × 15-12 reps
Then a superset of lateral raises with db 2/3 sets × 12-15 reps
And Knee/Leg raises 2/3 sets of 15+ reps

For pull days I do:
Weighted Chin ups (rn 10-12,5kg) 3 sets × 6-12 reps
DB Rows 2 sets × 12 reps
DB hammer curls 2/3 sets × 12-15 reps
Afterwards I try to do some lats exercises like some progressions of front lever or very wide pull ups but I mostly don't have the energy for that anymore at the end of my workout so I don't spend much time on that
At the very end I do some towel hanging or simple bar hanging for forearm strength and that's it

Do you reckon there is something you would really change?
The only thing I changed in the last 4 month were normal push ups to declined ones a couple of weeks back because my upper chest is much worse developed in comparison to my lower chest and never skipping shoulders because it is my worst muscle group right now.

how're you gonna sit here and tell a BEGINNER to do a planche lean?
Planche lean is quite easy, maybe u think of a planche variation, but planche lean basically means to change a bit hand position, keep elbows tucked, glutes and abs engaged and lean as forward as u can and lean more as u progress!

• +1
Reactions: IndraBC
Do you reckon there is something you would really change?
The only thing I changed in the last 4 month were normal push ups to declined ones a couple of weeks back because my upper chest is much worse developed in comparison to my lower chest and never skipping shoulders because it is my worst muscle group right now.
Do u do the HSPU helped by a wall or normal?If u do them with a wall ditch them and slowly progress, it's hard to do wall HSPU with proper form, but it's not imposible!U should also do the regular push ups first and then HSPU because they are quite hard and if u do them to failure u won't have the same energy for other exercises!As I said I really suggest buying a pair of rings, they aren't that expensive and they will last a long time.If u decide to buy rings do ur push ups and dips on rings, as u progress include decline ring push ups(a weighted vest would really help).Basically all the exercises that can be done on rings are superior, because for exemple on paralletes the push ups motion is up and down, but the rings offer a great instability which works the pectoral muscle in a unique way!
U should also stop doing front lever progression at the end of the workout, the skills should be practiced after warm up and then start ur actual workout and at the end try boat holds and even zanneti DB press!
Ur workouts seem fine, improvements can always be made, but neglecting legs is bad, at least do some sprints a few times/week!

Last edited:
just buy a bar and put some stuff in a bag and do weighted chin ups and weighted push ups
U will get results, but the results are limited if u don't do progressions!And how much weights could u even put in a bag?The bag is weird because it can change the exercise, not always in a good way and can cause muscle imbalances!

Do u do the HSPU helped by a wall or normal?If u do them with a wall ditch them and slowly progress, it's hard to do wall HSPU with proper form, but it's not imposible!U should also do the regular push ups first and then HSPU because they are quite hard and if u do them to failure u won't have the same energy for other exercises!As I said I really suggest buying a pair of rings, they aren't that expensive and they will last a long time.If u decide to buy rings do ur push ups and dips on rings, as u progress include decline ring push ups(a weighted vest would really help).Basically all the exercises that can be done on rings are superior, because for exemple on paralletes the push ups motion is up and down, but the rings offer a great instability which works the pectoral muscle in a unique way!
U should also stop doing front lever progression at the end of the workout, the skills should be practiced after warm up and then start ur actual workout and at the end try boat holds and even zanneti DB press!
Ur workouts seem fine, improvements can always be made, but neglecting legs is bad, at least do some sprints a few times/week!
Yeah I started sprinting a couple of weeks back. I do like 6 max effort sprints for 15-20sek each.
I do HSPU at the beginning because it is the most dangerous exercise so I don't wont my muscles to be tired but maybe u will start rather doing DPU at the beginning.
I don't really do leg workout because my knees are filled from playing football like 3 years ago so it's hard to do weighted squats because of the pain.

• +1
Yeah I started sprinting a couple of weeks back. I do like 6 max effort sprints for 15-20sek each.
I do HSPU at the beginning because it is the most dangerous exercise so I don't wont my muscles to be tired but maybe u will start rather doing DPU at the beginning.
I don't really do leg workout because my knees are filled from playing football like 3 years ago so it's hard to do weighted squats because of the pain.
Great man, do what feels best for u, good luck and make sure u have a proper warm up because HSPU are very straining and u can get injured very easy+make sure form is proper and u don't arch ur back in a banana pose!

• +1
Reactions: EvCu65