Calling all Tallcels [RESEARCH THREAD]

HEIGHT is like 95% genetic, the other 5% is regulated by consuming food.

@cocainecowboy is 6'7 with both parents being under 6ft, @Seth Walsh is 6'2 with both parents being under 6ft. @Alarico8 is 6'4 with his mother being 5' and father being 6'1, you'd think he'd be smack bang in the middle range, but nope.

it's genetics, it is what it is.
@cocainecowboy were you a late night eating cel?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2486
yes. i had shit sleep and i ate big load of carbs every time of the day. often after midnight

• +1
Reactions: Seth Walsh
yes. i had shit sleep and i ate big load of carbs every time of the day. often after midnight
Obliterates my theory tbh
You really are a fucking freakshow tbh

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 2486
Obliterates my theory tbh
You really are a fucking freakshow tbh
he is indeed, nothing can explain these types of people, you cannot even call it a genetic anomaly, because it isn't.

you can provide all the theories in the world, nothing beats good 'ol genetics.

environment is a massive cope, muh perfect diet this muh perfect diet that, the tallest kids are gonna be the ones that eat 70% trash insulinogenic foods and 30% healthy foods, because they are constantly spiking their insulin, thus keeping the ATK/pi3k/mTORC pathways active at all times. Insulin is one of the most potent variables for height itself, it's not IGF-1, IGF-1 doesn't even activate the anabolic pathways, contrary to popular belief.

I'm 6ft, my brother is 6'2 and dad is 6'3, mum is 5'10.

why am I not 6 foot fucking 8? with these genetics you'd think so, but no. It is what it is.

Please leave answers to these questions:

Height
Did you eat healthy as child
Did you eat a lot while young
Did you eat late at night
Were you ever a fatcel

6'1".
Yes, goat milk and broccoli (ded srs, my mother would shove that up my throat). No meat till around 13 yo.
Nah, I ate quite moderately.
Yes I ate at like 9-11 pm pretty much every night.
I was a bloated and healthy, after teenage, I became a skinny tallcel. But I was never ever fat in my life.

TLDR, it's all genetic.

Last edited:
Height: 6'
Did you eat healthy as child: kind of i don't drink alcohol or drink soda, no junk food, my mom would always cook for me.
Did you eat a lot while young: no, not really just like regular people.
Did you eat late at night: maybe 1 or 2 hours before bed.
Were you ever a fatcel: no, i have always been fit.

My mom was a bad housewife, got to work to escape from home and when i was 18 i was extremely thin.

HEIGHT is like 95% genetic, the other 5% is regulated by consuming food.

@cocainecowboy is 6'7 with both parents being under 6ft, @Seth Walsh is 6'2 with both parents being under 6ft. @Alarico8 is 6'4 with his mother being 5' and father being 6'1, you'd think he'd be smack bang in the middle range, but nope.

it's genetics, it is what it is.
My mom and dad are both 5'7. I think my mom might be slightly taller even. I know a dude who's 5'5 with a 6'2 Dad and 5'0 mom. I used to think you have more of a chance of being short if one of your parents is very short.. but that's not the case with Alarico..

It's a mystery. Mass anecdotes that show plausible correlation would be the best benchmark to try draw conclusions from. But there's so many completely contradictions even among those mass anecdotes. I really couldn't begin to explain how height is genetic. There's not really any weight in the genetics argument. Genetics are a factor, but possibly 1 of a near infinity number of factors.
So was I :whatfeels:
he is indeed, nothing can explain these types of people, you cannot even call it a genetic anomaly, because it isn't.

you can provide all the theories in the world, nothing beats good 'ol genetics.

environment is a massive cope, muh perfect diet this muh perfect diet that, the tallest kids are gonna be the ones that eat 70% trash insulinogenic foods and 30% healthy foods, because they are constantly spiking their insulin, thus keeping the ATK/pi3k/mTORC pathways active at all times. Insulin is one of the most potent variables for height itself, it's not IGF-1, IGF-1 doesn't even activate the anabolic pathways, contrary to popular belief.

I'm 6ft, my brother is 6'2 and dad is 6'3, mum is 5'10.

why am I not 6 foot fucking 8? with these genetics you'd think so, but no. It is what it is.
Your so right about the importance of insulin in this context. Insulin is literally responsible for activating AKT, PI3K and all of the mTORCs. I have graphs showing this. I think they're in the "Build muscle and burn fat as a natty?" thread.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2756
Please leave answers to these questions:

Height
Did you eat healthy as child
Did you eat a lot while young
Did you eat late at night
Were you ever a fatcel
6'1.3
healthier than average I guess, much healthier by the time I was 16, but still a lot of processed shit and carbs/chips/bread
no, I was skinny as fuck
not too much
never
I also had shit sleep from 13 to 16

6’4 and a half in the morning, 6’4 at night

I ate like shit as a kid, fast food and Jamaican patties was my diet

Yes I did indeed eat a lot as a kid

As a kid I never ate late at night. As a teen I mostly ate during the day. Sometimes id eat late at night during summer when school was out

Yes I was fatcel and I am indeed still a fatcel

6'2
No
No
Yes
No

What is the minimum height to be a tallcel