Calling out all longfaced bois i need help

HorseFace

HorseFace

done
I red on another forum that there is a distinction between vertical growth and the maxilla just dropping down or rotating back.

Now i dont know is this true but. If there is a distinction that would mean you'd have to start mouth breathing at a later age for your maxilla to drop down but your face would still remain wide, and in vertical growth cases you'd have to start wrong development much earlier and not gain any width and your cheekbones wont develop.

Can anyone confirm this? This was just some random dude with no medical training.

and also, why do some people get gummy smiles where as other dont?
EDIT: Would this also mean that if the maxilla is just positioned wrong, it'd be easier to see effects from mewing?

I have wide cheekbones but narrow lower third, never mouth breathed or any of that shit.

I have wide cheekbones but narrow lower third, never mouth breathed or any of that shit.
not having cheekbones is worse than having a bad lower third IMO, a lower third can always be hidden by a good beard but cheekbones are a death sentence

I can confirm from at least my own experience that mouth breathing does not cause this.

I was never a mouthrbeather as a child and always used to breathe trough my nose whilst my sibling breathed though his mouth and still has wider lower third than me.

This is almost always dictated by the almighty laws of genetics

• +1
Reactions: HorseFace
I can confirm from at least my own experience that mouth breathing does not cause this.

I was never a mouthrbeather as a child and always used to breathe trough my nose whilst my sibling breathed though his mouth and still has wider lower third than me.

EVERYTIME I COMMENT ITS YOU UNDER ME OR VICE VERSA, ARE WE THE SAME PERSON, DM PICS.

• +1
Reactions: Future Arablite

100% genetic and also related to race. Semites and meds (arabs) tend to have dolichocephalic skull type (lower FWHR) whereas nordics and mongoloids tend to have brachycephalic skull type (higher FWHR)

Ezrhwqy3sle11

This image implies that mouth breathing gives you a narrower face.

But my question was more if there is a diffrence between the maxilla growing downwards or being positioned too low

View attachment 2089

This image implies that mouth breathing gives you a narrower face.

But my question was more if there is a diffrence between the maxilla growing downwards or being positioned too low

Bogus charlatanism which is rampant among american dentists.

Every time I see a dentist (which is rarely) they give me unsolicited compliments. They ask if I acquired such nice dental development completely naturally (I did, never wore braces). I have a wide smile, straight teeth, and wide cheekbones. Yet my lower third looks like the 'mouth-breathers' on that chart.

So lookism theorists have been btfo'ed once again - a wide palate does not necessarily correlate with a wide-forwardly grown face.

Last edited:
Bogus charlatanism which is rampant among american dentists.

Every time I see a dentist (which is rarely) they give me unsolicited compliments. They ask if I acquired such nice dental development completely naturally (I did, never wore braces). I have a wide smile, straight teeth, and wide cheekbones. Yet my lower third looks like the 'mouth-breathers' on that chart.

So lookism theorists have been btfo'ed once again - a wide palate does not necessarily correlate with a wide-forwardly grown face.

It is Genetics + Development. Your jaw size is probably just Your genetical potensial. There will just be so much bone in Your skull regardless of your Development. Notice how this person in the Picture has a longer face instead of a wide face? Bones will be develop to the same mass anyway.

G E N E T I C S + jaw muscles.

Gain jaw muscles to widen face