Can a genioplasty or implant hide an overbite or overjet?

KrissKross

KrissKross

Roped
Obviously does nothing for the jaw or teeth, but will it help camouflage. How does it effect the lips also, particularly the bottom one. Does it push it up at all?

Yes it will help, it pushes the lower lip up like you said and it makes the lower lip look smaller/better since your chin moves forward, the lip will have more support. But honestly if you have overjet, get jaw surgery with genio first then jaw implants later, this will give you the ideal results and much better then just camouflaging it

@11gaijin

• +1
Reactions: 11gaijin
Underbite was never mentioned.
Lol sorry I keep thinking of my case haha. In that case I think it might make it less prominent but it will depend on the protrusion. If it is very obvious then jaw surgery is the way to go but I can understand why you’re thinking about other alternatives.

Both the genio and implant push the lower lip up? Does it still push it without overbite or overjet? @Coping

Don't do this. Jaw surgery or rope boyo

Jaw surgery is too much, too invasive, too brutal.
I know boyo. But camouflage the problem is not a real solution.If you have problem with malloclusion it's stupid to try to camouflage it when you can solve it and have functional benefits plus big aesthetics benefits.The recovery it is what it is. Ascend or die on the operating table boyo.

• +1
Reactions: Pendejo
Just get BSSO or IMDO.

• +1
Reactions: chadpreetinthemaking