Can an aggressive genio mimic a bsso?

D

Deleted member 22381

Iron
Due to unfixable failos (low ipd and bug eyes, overal bad harmony) the only two failos I can fix are my slightly recessed lower jaw and my overall boneless look (I am low body fat and gymmaxxed so I know it’s not my weight).

I unfortunately had fucking headgear as a kid to pull my slight overbite back towards my lower jaw, so while I now have a perfect bite I am slightly recessed. Somehow my maxilla is still forward grown enough that it’s only my mandible that is the issue (I have a decent chin it’s just behind my lips and I have a mentolabial fold. I emailed Ramieri and he told me I was a borderline for bimax and he said an isolated genio might be best. So even if I went through with bimax I’d have to descompensaste my teeth with braces and the result might be underwhelming because I am only slightly recessed in the lower jaw.

So my question is this: if I get a wide cut, large movement forward genio, would that mimic the effects of a bsso, and would it alleviate some of my boneless look? For context I am a white 5’11 MTN, I beleive this would be the push I need to ascend to HTN, which is enough in my book because trying to fix eye area and general harmony would look uncanny and descend me.

• So Sad
Reactions: ChristianChad
maybe you can try chin wing?

you can fix bug eyes to an extent.

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1
no
well, think logically. if your mandible is set back - small, only chin movement will look comical. you will have a protruding chin that will probably not extend beyond the lips and will still be behind the lips because lower jaw is set back, not to mention that your submental will look the same. practically oldman looking side profile

• +1
Reactions: agoostis and Oberyn
no
well, think logically. if your mandible is set back - small, only chin movement will look comical. you will have a protruding chin that will probably not extend beyond the lips and will still be behind the lips because lower jaw is set back, not to mention that your submental will look the same. practically oldman looking side profile
So would a chin wing have the desired affect? I really don’t think bimax is in the cards - cost, braces, time, only my lower jaw is recessed but my bite and maxilla is fine so I might end up with too much upper advancement too

• +1
Reactions: ChristianChad
mse might give sligth ipd increase, like 1 mm or 1,5 which is still decent, but orbital box ostetomy is omre promising even tho less surgeons do it, you can ask realsurgerymax a user here about ipd increasing procedures

• +1
Reactions: 5.5psl
So would a chin wing have the desired affect? I really don’t think bimax is in the cards - cost, braces, time, only my lower jaw is recessed but my bite and maxilla is fine so I might end up with too much upper advancement too
Chin wing can mimic BSSO to a certain extent. Depends on how much your recessed I don't see why this couldn't work but I'm not that knowledgeable in jaw surgery

So many words just for me to reply with cope

Due to unfixable failos (low ipd and bug eyes, overal bad harmony) the only two failos I can fix are my slightly recessed lower jaw and my overall boneless look (I am low body fat and gymmaxxed so I know it’s not my weight).

I unfortunately had fucking headgear as a kid to pull my slight overbite back towards my lower jaw, so while I now have a perfect bite I am slightly recessed. Somehow my maxilla is still forward grown enough that it’s only my mandible that is the issue (I have a decent chin it’s just behind my lips and I have a mentolabial fold. I emailed Ramieri and he told me I was a borderline for bimax and he said an isolated genio might be best. So even if I went through with bimax I’d have to descompensaste my teeth with braces and the result might be underwhelming because I am only slightly recessed in the lower jaw.

So my question is this: if I get a wide cut, large movement forward genio, would that mimic the effects of a bsso, and would it alleviate some of my boneless look? For context I am a white 5’11 MTN, I beleive this would be the push I need to ascend to HTN, which is enough in my book because trying to fix eye area and general harmony would look uncanny and descend me
Where are your scans

So my question is this: if I get a wide cut, large movement forward genio, would that mimic the effects of a bsso, and would it alleviate some of my boneless look? For context I am a white 5’11 MTN, I beleive this would be the push I need to ascend to HTN, which is enough in my book because trying to fix eye area and general harmony would look uncanny and descend me.
The problem with big genios is : 1 there will be a noticeable step off, so if you are doing it for the looks it works against you.
The curve your jaw looks will be affected, so you may fuck up the front view, even though the side profile would be perfect. That has to be accessed case by case

If you have vertical grown face it would make it longer so it could end up a worse result

Aesthetically apeaking BSSO is superior. The question is if you want to risk nerve damage or sacrifice aesthetics for a good nerve.

mse might give sligth ipd increase, like 1 mm or 1,5 which is still decent, but orbital box ostetomy is omre promising even tho less surgeons do it, you can ask realsurgerymax a user here about ipd increasing procedures
Mse+ chewing is legit for increasing ipd as it widens the upper maxilla

• Woah
Reactions: sub5inchcel