CAN ANYONE DESCRIBE WHAT HARMONY IS?

Deleted member 6273

Deleted member 6273

Brb detoxing, can't respond to DMs for now.
It's always used as a cop out when people can't explain why someone who doesn't have top tier features and forward growth still being attractive, yet no one can actually describe what it is on a forum dedicated to aesthetics.

• +1
Reactions: angelo, Deleted member 9852, ProAcktiv and 12 others
I think it's just how features compliment eachother. Like someone who gets surgery to the eyes and then looks uncanny because the objectively better feature doesn't suit the rest of his subpar face.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 3771, Wallenberg, everythingisacope and 4 others
I always wanted to make a thread on it but cba writing a wall of text on this dogshit forum

harmony is just a cope for people who don't know facial aesthetics well enough to tell what's right, wrong, or missing in a face

• +1
  • WTF
  • JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, ProAcktiv, Deleted member 12611 and 8 others
harmony is just a cope for people who don't know facial aesthetics well enough to tell what's right, wrong, or missing in a face
yeah, this is what I think too. "harmony" begins where ones knowleage for aesthetics ends

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Deleted member 12611, Wallenberg and 2 others
good es ratio

I think it's just how features compliment eachother. Like someone who gets surgery to the eyes and then looks uncanny because the objectively better feature doesn't suit the rest of his subpar face.
but why would that be the case, why would an objectively better looking feature look worse on someone, it doesn't make sense.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10709
I always wanted to make a thread on it but cba writing a wall of text on this dogshit forum

Yeah I think so too

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 12611 and Ocelot
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
har·mo·ny
/ˈhärmənē/
Learn to pronounce

noun

1. 1.
    the combination of simultaneously sounded musical notes to produce chords and chord progressions having a pleasing effect.
    "four-part harmony in the barbershop style"

Similar:
    euphony

polyphony

consonance

tunefulness

melodiousness

mellifluousness

mellifluence

Opposite:
    dissonance

2. 2.
    an arrangement of the four Gospels, or of any parallel narratives, which presents a single continuous narrative text.

50b3ab9fd63ed70bf3d898aea5885bc3143f7a51aa226222e146a117b45e606c.png

Choose languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBanglaBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKinyarwandaKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaOdiaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSouthern SothoSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTatarTeluguThaiTurkishTurkmenUkrainianUrduUyghurUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZulu

Definitions from Oxford Languages

Feedback

• WTF
Reactions: Wallenberg and Deleted member 6273
but why would that be the case, why would an objectively better looking feature look worse on someone, it doesn't make sense.
Say someone with a round, boneless face then gets OD, etc. to get hunter eyes. It will make him look ridiculous because a random feature that would be objectively desired does not make sense to be on such a face. Someone with a wide skull and then bad bones is another example.

• +1
Reactions: itorroella9 and Deleted member 6273

also, "muh harmony" is usually applied to actors, most often ryan gosling

his photos are taken almost always in lighting that de-emphasises bones and accentuates the importance of eye shape, coloring, and skin quality (as if photos don't have that effect already)
in actual candids he looks bad

this forum is very bad at extrapolating how somebody would look, say in natural lighting right in front of you. Bad features are always bad features, it's just that they can be masked sometimes in photos

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Wallenberg, Deleted member 10987 and 1 other person
It's always used as a cop out when people can't explain why someone who doesn't have top tier features and forward growth still being attractive, yet no one can actually describe what it is on a forum dedicated to aesthetics.
Harmony is just size and positionement

also, "muh harmony" is usually applied to actors, most often ryan gosling

his photos are taken almost always in lighting that de-emphasises bones and accentuates the importance of eye shape, coloring, and skin quality (as if photos don't have that effect already)
in actual candids he looks bad

this forum is very bad at extrapolating how somebody would look, say in natural lighting right in front of you. Bad features are always bad features, it's just that they can be masked sometimes in photos
This its illusion sometimes

• +1
Reactions: Ocelot
  • +1
it's me in 4 months. harmonic and handsome.

• JFL
  • WTF
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 4946, Wallenberg, Need2Ascend and 4 others
i've always defined someone who's not harmonic as someone who has a couple of really good features and some really bad features, in opposite of someone who has average features (or someone who has all top tier features) all around

• +1
I have a theory behind what I think it is but need more responses to understand people's perspective.

just the position of bones i think

When the features that aren't perfect get complimented by other features. So if you photoshop a feature on someone else it's most likely a looksmin.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and everythingisacope
A google search led me to this:
Facial harmony is when the facial features are in proportion to each other in terms of projection and size.

Coloring should be a part of it as well, no? If Chico had the complexion of a black dude but the exact same facial features, ratios, etc... he´d look bad. But of course, not all black people look bad, so whether one´s skin tone makes one look bad depends on a plethora of other factors.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg, datboijj and Deleted member 6273
A google search led me to this:

Coloring should be a part of it as well, no? If Chico had the complexion of a black dude but the exact same facial features, ratios, etc... he´d look bad. But of course, not all black people look bad, so whether one´s skin tone makes one look bad depends on a plethora of other factors.
That sounds closer to the description of averageness.

• +1
Reactions: Alexanderr
The closest i can think is
>Healthy/youthful features
>Dimorphic features
>Features proportional to each other

Or sometimes its just one feature being too good to compensate for the other failos

• +1
I asked that myself as well and I still can't quite put my finger on it. Is it youthfulness? Averageness? Ratios? Complexion? Right now the only answer we have is that it's how your features "work together", but I can understand that this one is disappointing tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
Harmony is a mix of good features, but nothing really standing out in particular, that combine together to form a great face. Most of the good looking models, hell virtually all of them have said harmony. The best example I can think of is Chico. Yeah, sure, he has top-tier eyes (imo the best), but they're not really striking on their own like... let's say Barrett or De Poot, yet he mogs them to oblivion. From actors look at Pitt or Dicaprio. They don't have particularly striking features, but their harmony makes them look absolutely amazing because they have very little to no falios.

Harmony can be ruined by bad nose, bad lips, bad eyes, etc. Hell, harmony can be ruined by even good features. De Poot's features are great, incredibly striking, but they don't mesh together at all which gives him an incel-tier look despite looking unique. Barrett is the same to a lesser extent.

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg and everythingisacope
people itt who think they know more abt looks theory than they actually do will say they can define & explain it easily, but they can’t.

there r certain ‘ideal’ features that would undoubtedly look better on everyone, but at the same time there r ppl that look better w certain ‘flaws’ than w/o, which no one can explain why - hence ppl use the term “harmony” as a blackbox type thing

• +1
Reactions: Wallenberg
any examples of good features with bad harmony?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
What people call harmony is basically just good ratios and good coloring

• +1
Reactions: BradAniston, everythingisacope and Deleted member 6273

there is such thing as harmony u ingested a strong cope.It describes indeed that someone has like let's say barely above average features only, kind of the same tier and despite not looking "slayerlike" they look well put together without asymmetry and shit.

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
It’s also how your features go together.
Ryan goslings shitty gonial angle goes together with his long Midface.
585DD099 93EC 4403 8259 D39A543DCCA2

• +1
Reactions: datboijj, AlwaysHaveQuestions, everythingisacope and 1 other person
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: datboijj and Deleted member 6273
there is such thing as harmony u ingested a strong cope.It describes indeed that someone has like let's say barely above average features only, kind of the same tier and despite not looking "slayerlike" they look well put together without asymmetry and shit.
The question is why do they look well together? That's the mystery trying to be solved.

• Hmm...
  • +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273 and Looks234
so downward growth throughout the face to stay consistent. makes a lot of sense
Sounds like a recipe to generate a turbo incel.

How much of goslings looks are just his pheno+mere exposure effect (status)

The question is why do they look well together? That's the mystery trying to be solved.
good ratios plus no asymmetry as said harmony means well put together

• +1
Reactions: Looks234
Sounds like a recipe to generate a turbo incel.

How much of goslings looks are just his pheno+mere exposure effect (status)
qoves studio said ideally cheekbone angle should match jaw. thats what i was thinking of

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 6273 and Looks234

Facts

just the position of bones i think

Harmony is just size and positionement
The closest i can think is
>Healthy/youthful features
>Dimorphic features
>Features proportional to each other

Or sometimes its just one feature being too good to compensate for the other failos
What people call harmony is basically just good ratios and good coloring
I asked that myself as well and I still can't quite put my finger on it. Is it youthfulness? Averageness? Ratios? Complexion? Right now the only answer we have is that it's how your features "work together", but I can understand that this one is disappointing tbh.
the first picture his zygos are big and low. it's a feminine trait so it looks weird on a man
second idk wtf is wrong with elias's eyes tbh
i feel like you might be up to something about averageness. maybe we want the face to fit a particular phenotype? when you stray too far from it it gets weird
So far from what I see in this thread harmony is:

- Averageness (relative to phenotype.)
-Ratios and proportions (technically related to averageness)
-symmetry.
-phenotype

• +1
Reactions: Lolcel, Deleted member 10987 and Looks234
So far from what I see in this thread harmony is:

- Averageness (relative to phenotype.)
-Ratios and proportions (technically related to averageness)
-symmetry.
-phenotype
Pheno ?

Great example of harmony is that French dude who's name I forgot. Delon.

• +1
Reactions: Blue and Looks234
  • +1