CAN ANYONE DESCRIBE WHAT HARMONY IS?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 10987
It’s also how your features go together.
Ryan goslings shitty gonial angle goes together with his long Midface.
View attachment 1018279
because if someone were to have a square jaw AND a long midface occuring naturally, it is only justified that their lower third be absolutely massive in terms of height, it doesn't make sense to have a long midface BUT a shorter, square jaw

ie they're not downward grown, just that their maxilla, lower third, skull, etc. are literally just taller (tyler maher is a decent example)

• +1
Reactions: Looks234 and Deleted member 6273
Then I mean colouring
Yeah coloring is important
But eyes is the most important
Just have light eyes is so legit
Any ethnic with light eyes would be considered GL

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 6273
Yeah coloring is important
But eyes is the most important
Just have light eyes is so legit
Any ethnic with light eyes would be considered GL
Images   2021 03 02T222501936

I think its a good term, lots of times people will just throw out the word haphazardly, but generally I think it means having features that all fit together, not looking out of place or having one feature that looks weird. Even attractive or positive features can look out of place if they dont fit with the other features. For example a slightly wide IPD is usually good, but if a person had a narrow face a wide ipd could look bad because of the es ratio. Instead, if that person had a slightly narrower ipd, it would look more harmonious because it fit in with the narrowness of the face

52-eupeK.jpg

In this picture of keanu reeves he doesnt have any crazy feature like a massive jaw or super blue eyes, but all his features seem to work together, theres no single feature that you think “wow that looks weird”

depositphotos_267277824-stock-photo-hugo-weaving-premiere-matrix-reloaded.jpg

In this picture of hugo weaving he has a wide ipd, but his face is narrow, and his forehead projects forward and is tall while the bottom half of his face looks short in comparison. He has a prominent brow ridge, and a sharper and wider jawline than keanu reeves, but they are not really harmonious with his face

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: Merćer, Blue and Deleted member 6273
This is a guy I saw yesterday:

20210227 124055 2

Whose entire harmony is ruined by his shitty pig nose. Give him prime Dicaprio nose and he'd slay pussy 24/7.

I think its a good term, lots of times people will just throw out the word haphazardly, but generally I think it means having features that all fit together, not looking out of place or having one feature that looks weird. Even attractive or positive features can look out of place if they dont fit with the other features. For example a slightly wide IPD is usually good, but if a person had a narrow face a wide ipd could look bad because of the es ratio. Instead, if that person had a slightly narrower ipd, it would look more harmonious because it fit in with the narrowness of the face

52-eupeK.jpg

In this picture of keanu reeves he doesnt have any crazy feature like a massive jaw or super blue eyes, but all his features seem to work together, theres no single feature that you think “wow that looks weird”

In this picture of hugo weaving he has a wide ipd, but his face is narrow, and his forehead projects forward and is tall while the bottom half of his face looks short in comparison. He has a prominent brow ridge, and a sharper and wider jawline than keanu reeves, but they are not really harmonious with his face
Probably the best description so far but still not satisfied.

Why do some features work with others while if they are paired with others. Is it a matter of averageness or symmetry or what else.

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
This is a guy I saw yesterday:

View attachment 1018316

Whose entire harmony is ruined by his shitty pig nose. Give him prime Dicaprio nose and he'd slay pussy 24/7.
Isn't that just a matter of averageness. His nose deviates far from an average Caucasian nose so it makes him look worse.

Why do some features work with others while if they are paired with others. Is it a matter of averageness or symmetry or what else.
because that's how it's supposed to be

for instance big masseters usually look aesthetic on people with already good jaws (particularly longer rami), this is because having a tall ramus (by extension a squarer jaw) is tied to having bigger masseters naturally (square jaw is an adaptation to increase bite force)

whereas people with shorter jaws who chewmaxx end up looking like chipmunks due to a disproportionate lower third width/height. Their masseters aren't supposed to be large, but they are

ig you could argue that is a component of averageness too

• +1
  • Love it
Reactions: AscendingHero, SkinjobCatastrophe and Deleted member 6273
Isn't that just a matter of averageness. His nose deviates far from an average Caucasian nose so it makes him look worse.
No, his nose simply doesn't fit his face well, which ruins his entire harmony and the rest of his face. I'd argue he's still good looking, but vastly below the massive potential he would have, if he had a small nose. On the other hand, the nose itself isn't ideal by any means, but if you put it on someone with more striking features, it wouldn't look so bad. My point is that one 'bad' feature can ruin face harmony which is why harmony is possibly the strongest thing about a good face but also the hardest to get right because all facial features have to just "fit" together, so to speak.

• +1

Yeah I think averageness probably has a lot to do with it. There was that one study where they took like a thousand people’s photos, where the average rating of the people was around a 5/10, but when they morphed all the faces together, that new morphed face was rated higher than 5/10, for some reason having average features was better.

I think also a lot of looks is not about absolutes but ratios. When someone says “big jaw” there is no absolute measurement they are referring to, what they mean is a jaw that is big compared to the rest of the face. So really any attractive feature sort of includes harmony in the definition because a jaw cant be big if the other features are already big in comparison

• +1
View attachment 1018294
Would Paul Walker be a good example of great harmony?
He has really good harmony. To be fair though, strictly speaking in terms of PSL he's clearly high up there with little to no failos as well, it's not like he doesn't have good individual features and is only carried by facial harmony.

23f8eddad117f0a5950e522171bf236f
it's all about ratio.
Put this mask on one of your pic and see what's wrong

• +1
Reactions: ProAcktiv

52-eupeK.jpg

Is Lorenzo Zurzolo similar to Keanu in that regard? He has droopy lower eyelids and some would call his face "boneless" (oval face, generally no overly prominent bones, etc.), yet he obviously has really high appeal.

D47668AE 4937 4A26 A4A6 32949082798B

• +1
Reactions: SkinjobCatastrophe
It's always used as a cop out when people can't explain why someone who doesn't have top tier features and forward growth still being attractive, yet no one can actually describe what it is on a forum dedicated to aesthetics.
Harmony means beauty. So when you when ask someone why they think something is beautiful, and they reply "harmony", they are just saying that it's beautiful. That is, they aren't giving the cause of the beauty, but a useless reason.
Useless reason:
"Why am I an incel?"
"Because you are an incel."

Cause:
"Why am I an incel?"
"Your IPD is way too high, and your chin is too short."

• +1