Can braces have an effect, such as enlarging the lateral part of the cheekbone?

Perfectumbrain

Perfectumbrain

Banned
IMG 20220604 005429

Since I've had braces, this part of the bone has grown excessively and I find it odd. Honestly, I'm in adolescence and it's the first time the bone has grown this big.

View attachment 1714474
Since I've had braces, this part of the bone has grown excessively and I find it odd. Honestly, I'm in adolescence and it's the first time the bone has grown this big.
Im not sure what happened to you, but the photo of the woman is EXACTLY what happens sometimes as you age, when your buccal fat pad is removed (y)

• So Sad
Reactions: Perfectumbrain
Im not sure what happened to you, but the photo of the woman is EXACTLY what happens sometimes as you age, when your buccal fat pad is removed (y)
I don't care what happens to the woman, it matters what happens to me bro

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 20517 and Deleted member
It doesn't recess your cheekbones, it pulls the alveolar ridge (lower maxilla) inwards and back, which will in turn make the cheekbones more prominent.

• +1
  • Woah
  • Hmm...
Reactions: User49, Deleted member 16371, Deleted member 16834 and 2 others
It doesn't recess your cheekbones, it pulls the alveolar ridge (lower maxilla) inwards and back, which will in turn make the cheekbones more prominent.
How do you think the braces retract the bone?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 16371
Braces will pull the teeth and the surrounding bone structure inwards and prevent it from growing.
I sent you a PM, can you please check. Thank you

Do u know if invisalign will cause this effect?