Can braces on lower jaw improve face?

M

mathi r1ght wing

Iron
So i have uneven teeth nothing crazy, but im wondering if braces on the lower jaw would make your jaw look better or worse, with hollow cheeks and all that

And sry if this dont make sense? But does it not widen your jaw and face a little

doesnt fix your skeletal recession if thats what youre asking

could flatten maxilla if youre getting camouflage orthodontic treatment for overbite

So overall getting braces is more negative than positive for facial look?

So overall getting braces is more negative than positive for facial look?
nah, it just depends. if your jaw's recessed, braces wont do shit to fix that, you need jaw surgery for that

nah, it just depends. if your jaw's recessed, braces wont do shit to fix that, you need jaw surgery for that
Shi idk this stuff that much i posted my face on a post is my jaw recessed or nah if u mind

looks fine to me maybe sliding genio if you want better chin prominence
Any other surgery needed? I thought about buccal fat removal but thats a gamble

what if you’re getting treatment for overbite + jaw surgery after.
why would you do that if you could just straighten your teeth and go straight for jaw surgery?

could flatten maxilla if youre getting camouflage orthodontic treatment for overbite
what if you’re getting treatment for overbite + jaw surgery after
why would you do that if you could just straighten your teeth and go straight for jaw surgery?
Sorry this is what i meant**, first braces then jaw surgery, but will braces recess you, (normal braces no bullshit slides etc)

• +1
Reactions: LancasteR
Sorry this is what i meant**, first braces then jaw surgery, but will braces recess you, (normal braces no bullshit slides etc)
if youre getting braces to get an offset bite to prepare for surgery then no

• +1
Reactions: hahmm
what if you’re getting treatment for overbite + jaw surgery after

If you just use braces to straighten the teeth, (no elastics or appliance) to fix the overbite, then you could technically go jaw surgery after if you really need it.
But I’d consult with a surgeon first maybe you need to decompensate a bit.

If you just use braces to straighten the teeth, (no elastics or appliance) to fix the overbite, then you could technically go jaw surgery after if you really need it.
But I’d consult with a surgeon first maybe you need to decompensate a bit.
my ortho gave me the option for jaw surgery for overbite correction

• +1
my ortho gave me the option for jaw surgery for overbite correction
If he/she recommended it and you‘re recessed to a degree it bothers you and could maybe cause health complications later in life, then go for it.

If he/she recommended it and you‘re recessed to a degree it bothers you and could maybe cause health complications later in life, then go for it.
it doesn’t bother me medically as far as i know, it was the last option and the ortho didn’t recommend it to me, (told me it’s too much work cause the overbite isn’t that bad). besides that you can still notice it from the side and it’s a bit ugly. The other 2 options were extracting teeth (which he also didn’t recommend) or using some appliance to shift the molars called a beneslider (which he did reccomend). I chose the surgery option.

• +1
it doesn’t bother me medically as far as i know, it was the last option and the ortho didn’t recommend it to me, (told me it’s too much work cause the overbite isn’t that bad). besides that you can still notice it from the side and it’s a bit ugly. The other 2 options were extracting teeth (which he also didn’t recommend) or using some appliance to shift the molars called a beneslider (which he did reccomend). I chose the surgery option.
Depends how old you are but yeah these appliances are hit or miss.