Can ccw rotation surgery give bloated look?

D

Deleted member 2729

facemaxx or death
I need ccw rotation bimax. I've seen cw rotation ascend people cuz their face gets bigger. Ramieri suggested for me some downgrafting and some "cutting" away of my anterior maxilla. Is there a risk it can give me a more bloated look / decrease my facial definition?

• +1
Reactions: SOS-Sonic
Seems like he is suggesting CCW through impaction, CCW will make your jaw appear wider from the front depending on how much CCW is done. If you have prominent zygos purely due to being recessed they may become less prominent (something I've observed personally, very case to case basis).

Do you have gummy smile? Why is he "cutting" away on the anterior maxilla? Is he shaving the ANS or premaxilla?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and Agendum
I need ccw rotation bimax. I've seen cw rotation ascend people cuz their face gets bigger. Ramieri suggested for me some downgrafting and some "cutting" away of my anterior maxilla. Is there a risk it can give me a more bloated look / decrease my facial definition?
You might lose definition if there is anterior impaction, since you are reducing the amount of bone you have. Maybe ask him to omit the impaction and do the CCWr via posterior downgrafting only.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729
Seems like he is suggesting CCW through impaction, CCW will make your jaw appear wider from the front depending on how much CCW is done.
That would be good. He said the lower part of the jaw will appear wider, however the more frontal part can appear narrower and also the facial height decreases which he said he wants to counteract with vertical genio movement.
If you have prominent zygos purely due to being recessed they may become less prominent (something I've observed personally, very case to case basis).
Have a look at my scans maybe you can see if they are just relatively prominent due to my recession/deformation or if my cheekbones are solid enough.
Side bone

Front bone

Do you have gummy smile?
No
Why is he "cutting" away on the anterior maxilla?
He said he does not like to only to posterior downgrafting cuz larger movements of that can fuck with your masseters. Thats why he likes to split the rotation into two parts, to reduce the stress on the masseter displacement.
Is he shaving the ANS or premaxilla?
I don't know he only told me he uses techniques to prevent the nose from widening or turning up too much.
You might lose definition if there is anterior impaction, since you are reducing the amount of bone you have. Maybe ask him to omit the impaction and do the CCWr via posterior downgrafting only.
Yea I will mention that if the planning progresses. As I said he wants to split the rotation into a posterior and an anterior part because that supposedly can fuck with your masseter muscle.

• +1
Reactions: Silver
That would be good. He said the lower part of the jaw will appear wider, however the more frontal part can appear narrower and also the facial height decreases which he said he wants to counteract with vertical genio movement.
This is obvious, he is cutting away bone.
Have a look at my scans maybe you can see if they are just relatively prominent due to my recession/deformation or if my cheekbones are solid enough.
View attachment 1583149
View attachment 1583148
Can't tell
Ask him why he's opting to impact you when you don't have gummy smile
He said he does not like to only to posterior downgrafting cuz larger movements of that can fuck with your masseters. Thats why he likes to split the rotation into two parts, to reduce the stress on the masseter displacement.
He probably wants to avoid relapse this way, too much tension on the muscles can sometimes lead to relapse. You should ask him if that's the case.
I don't know he only told me he uses techniques to prevent the nose from widening or turning up too much.
Ask him to specify which method he is using, I'm guessing he will use a alar cinch to prevent your nose from widening but from my limited knowledge it isn't very useful.

• +1
This is obvious, he is cutting away bone.

Can't tell
Brutal! Is it over?
Ask him why he's opting to impact you when you don't have gummy smile

He probably wants to avoid relapse this way, too much tension on the muscles can sometimes lead to relapse. You should ask him if that's the case.

Ask him to specify which method he is using, I'm guessing he will use a alar cinch to prevent your nose from widening but from my limited knowledge it isn't very useful.
He said he can only do a detailed surgery plan when I am done with decompensation (I had camouflage orthodontics)

Brutal! Is it over?
I can't tell whether it's over or not, like @SOS-Sonic pointed out when you are removing bone you are removing soft tissue support that previously existed, I don't know why he's opting for impaction if there's no gummy smile. I am no expert, you need to discuss this with Ramieri and state that you are very aesthetic fixated and ask about the pros and cons of CCW through anterior impaction and CCW through posterior downgraft for your case.

Also, it would be good to make sure that the impaction of the anterior maxilla or the vertical genio does not mess with the proportions of your face. I'm not good with facial thirds like some people who obsess over that stuff on this forum but you should really make sure that your facial thirds are evenly balanced.
He said he can only do a detailed surgery plan when I am done with decompensation (I had camouflage orthodontics)
Will you fly out once you're done with decompensating your camouflage orthodontics so Ramieri can scan and assess your face properly?

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2729 and SOS-Sonic
I can't tell whether it's over or not, like @SOS-Sonic pointed out when you are removing bone you are removing soft tissue support that previously existed, I don't know why he's opting for impaction if there's no gummy smile. I am no expert, you need to discuss this with Ramieri and state that you are very aesthetic fixated and ask about the pros and cons of CCW through anterior impaction and CCW through posterior downgraft for your case.
Okay I will talk with him about it. I will write him an email. Sadly he said no real plan until decompensation :forcedsmile:
Also, it would be good to make sure that the impaction of the anterior maxilla or the vertical genio does not mess with the proportions of your face. I'm not good with facial thirds like some people who obsess over that stuff on this forum but you should really make sure that your facial thirds are evenly balanced.
Yea I measured my facial thirds and just from looking at my face I think it's evenly balance. I might benefit from a bit more mandible height but other than that I don't want any changes..
Will you fly out once you're done with decompensating your camouflage orthodontics so Ramieri can scan and assess your face properly?
I will do another scan here in Germany and send him the data.

• +1
Reactions: Silver

View attachment 1583149
View attachment 1583148

No

Yea I will mention that if the planning progresses. As I said he wants to split the rotation into a posterior and an anterior part because that supposedly can fuck with your masseter muscle.
what type of jew nose must you have omg

• Hmm...
  • +1
  • Hmm...