Can chewing move lower jaw forward

Swolepenisman

Swolepenisman

Kraken
I swear it's getting harder to keep my teeth alligned I had braves for years and there off how and my teeth were perfect but after about 6 moths of chewing my lower teeth wanna go forward more than my upper

• +1
Reactions: ungewist
B6A818F5 7FA2 4212 AC8D F6EFC4B1B432

• +1
Reactions: Strafe and Swolepenisman
@retard

• +1
Reactions: retard
yes as you build up the medial pterygoid muscles’s resting tone, it will then shift the default resting posture of your mandible upward and forward, it will reach an equilibrium when your occlusion becomes ideal though so you won’t develop an underbite (skeletally speaking)

while you wont develop a skeletal underbite, depending on the orthodontics done (which was probably camouflage from premolar extractions) this can as the name implies “hide” the occlusion problems fixing them dentally, so when you naturally get proper skeletal occlusion there may be occlusion problems due to previous treatment

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: ungewist, AscendingHero and Feminineboi
yes as you build up the medial pterygoid muscles’s resting tone, it will then shift the default resting posture of your mandible upward and forward, it will reach an equilibrium when your occlusion becomes ideal though so you won’t develop an underbite (skeletally speaking)

while you wont develop a skeletal underbite, depending on the orthodontics done (which was probably camouflage from premolar extractions) this can as the name implies “hide” the occlusion problems fixing them dentally, so when you naturally get proper skeletal occlusion there may be occlusion problems due to previous treatment
My left side is starting to click but only if I make it like it a chew or bite a certain way I'm hoping my masters will keep widening and my jaw will go more fowars pretty sure my palate has improved as well my teeth might be slightly worn down tho but veeemeers can fix that also what if my upper jaw doesn't move forward with it

• +1
My left side is starting to click but only if I make it like it a chew or bite a certain way I'm hoping my masters will keep widening and my jaw will go more fowars pretty sure my palate has improved as well my teeth might be slightly worn down tho but veeemeers can fix that also what if my upper jaw doesn't move forward with it
skeletally speaking the lower jaw wont move past the upper jaw with chewing, I would chill with it until the clicking subsides, taking a few day/week break from chewing at the cost of your TMJ is worth it

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and Swolepenisman
skeletally speaking the lower jaw wont move past the upper jaw with chewing, I would chill with it until the clicking subsides, taking a few day/week break from chewing at the cost of your TMJ is worth it
What if it doesn't stop after a week just start chewing again it doesn't click when I chew food only if I purposely close a certain way

• +1
What if it doesn't stop after a week just start chewing again it doesn't click when I chew food only if I purposely close a certain way
if it doesn’t fix after some time I would just chew much less time than your current routine, and obv don’t chew the way that makes your jaw click

• +1
Reactions: Swolepenisman
if it doesn’t fix after some time I would just chew much less time than your current routine, and obv don’t chew the way that makes your jaw click
Thanks retard

• +1
Reactions: ungewist and retard

What you described in the 2nd paragraph is literally me. My ortho designed my teeth to where my bite is only how it's supposed to be when I have extreme forward head posture. Luckily my mandible grew well, it's just that my front teeth don't feel forward enough.

• +1
Reactions: retard
What you described in the 2nd paragraph is literally me. My ortho designed my teeth to where my bite is only how it's supposed to be when I have extreme forward head posture. Luckily my mandible grew well, it's just that my front teeth don't feel forward enough.
When I say front I mean the teeth on my upper jaw

When I say front I mean the teeth on my upper jaw
You mean you feel your front teeth need to move forward right? Thats what I have. My premolar width is enough so that my teeth won't rebound after braces (I barely needed them anyways), and I'm mewing to keep straight teeth. I hope that by not wearing my retainer my front teeth might move forward a little

• +1
Reactions: Swolepenisman
You mean you feel your front teeth need to move forward right? Thats what I have. My premolar width is enough so that my teeth won't rebound after braces (I barely needed them anyways), and I'm mewing to keep straight teeth. I hope that by not wearing my retainer my front teeth might move forward a little
Well I feel my lower jaw wants to move forward but if I relax it to move forward it surpasses my upper jaw teeth

• +1
Reactions: Feminineboi