Can finasteride shed monoxidil hairs?

nwescapee

nwescapee

Iron
Almost 2 months on fin and 5 months on min,got gyno from fin but hair is life so we rolling , but first month on fin i seemed i to be shedding more than usual, i also noticed my beard growing much much faster and thicker with morning woods almost ED, however all that seemed to resolve within the second month , but im still shedding and it seems the minox gains are being lost, is this fins doing or is my mpb progressing? My fin dosage is around 0.4-0.35 ED

Shedding initially on treatment is normal because finasteride synchronizes the hair cycle. The hairs that regrow will be thicker and healthier. I shed a significant amount during the first 6 months on finasteride. From my experience, the hairs that I regrew on minoxidil never really became terminal hairs; they just stayed short and vellus, falling out faster than terminal hairs. However, it's still worth it because it gives the illusion of density, especially in cases of diffuse thinning. Regarding gynecomastia, you probably already had it, but finasteride just exacerbated it slightly.

• +1
Reactions: nwescapee