Can I drink beer every other day?

.*my*.

.*my*.

Kess mah ess
I weigh 215. I train and I’m trying to put on more muscle and I was wondering if one can of beer (0.5) every other day is going to hurt my gains.

I only drink when I feel particularly stressed out and I think that if alcohol lowers my stress that will help my gains. Is this cope or can it help?

alchohol is bad for your hormones

• +1
Reactions: HarrierDuBois, rooman, andy9432 and 1 other person
alcohol is looksmin but you do you

• +1
Reactions: rooman and .*my*.
alcohol is looksmin but you do you
Depends on the amount obviously. The beer I drink has 23 grams of alcohol per can. I do that (1 can) every other day or less.

I’m trying to find out if it will affect my gains at all

regular alcohol consumption is terrible for your cholesterol.

• +1
Reactions: .*my*.
regular alcohol consumption is terrible for your cholesterol.
I feel relaxed during and the day after drinking, which lowers cortisol

There are claims beer is estrogenic plus very fast carbs, so even alcholol-free could be quite questionable choice.
And you better find some alternative ways to relax and lower cortisol without alcohol.

• +1
There are claims beer is estrogenic plus very fast carbs, so even alcholol-free could be quite questionable choice.
And you better find some alternative ways to relax and lower cortisol without alcohol.
Antidepressants didn’t work and I don’t want to start. Cigarettes give me anxiety.

I don’t know what other ways there are.

Is 23 grams of alcohol every other day that much?

watch this just get high quality beer people here claim that everything is estrogenic from milk to vegetables

• +1

watch this just get high quality beer people here claim that everything is estrogenic from milk to vegetables

My concern isn’t estrogen but whether I can still have muscle protein synthesis and hypertrophy