Can I Mew with Tongue-tie?

ascension!

ascension!

The next Chadlite™
Title.

I need to start Mewing right now at puberty but I'm not sure if I have a Tongue-tie or not, which isn't supposed to give me good oral posture and even give me no real-suction when Mewing. That's why I wanted to ask, am I tied?

My Tongue-Tie when I lift the tip of my tongue (or pronounce the letter “N”).
IMG 20220927 WA0012

Opening the jaws as wide as possible and trying to touch the front (or back) of the palate with the tip of the tongue without moving the jaw.
IMG 4306

If it is, are there ways to stretch or release the tie without the need to proceed surgically (it would be my last option) such as exercises? If yes, which ones exactly?

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: thecel
Solution
thecel
Yes you can Mew and get as good of results from it as anyone can.

Tongue tie is a gigacope unless very severe. People don’t have to stick their tongues way up toward the sky to Mew. When Mewing, the tip of the tongue doesn’t really need to go up very far.

I’ve read copers say their tongue ties impact their Mewing because they can’t touch the roofs of their mouths using their tongues when they open their mouths all the way. It’s a gigacope because you Mew with a closed mouth JFL

If you’re so tongue-tied that you can’t Mew, you’re too tongue-tied to speak.

Tongue tie is a gigacope unless very severe. People don’t have to stick their tongues way up toward the sky to Mew. When Mewing, the tip of the tongue doesn’t really need to go up very far.

I’ve read copers say their tongue ties impact their Mewing because they can’t touch the roofs of their mouths using their tongues when they open their mouths all the way. It’s a gigacope because you Mew with a closed mouth JFL

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: It'snotover and ascension!
Solution
Tagging some HighIQCels.
@sub5inchcel @ChristianChad @mvp2v1 @deadlock

• +1
Tagging some HighIQCels.
@sub5inchcel @ChristianChad @mvp2v1 @deadlock
Depends on severity. But imo if you have any sort of tie whether severe or not it’s worth addressing. Because it can only improve things, unless in your recovery or surgery you don’t do the stretches and it grows back more severe

• +1
what is toung tie?

• +1
Yes you can Mew

I was referring to the method of lifting the tip of the tongue to see if I am tied or not, so that when I open both jaws I do not reach (the tie takes away my mobility).

Also, how can I make sure my posterior-middle/third of the tongue is engaged to the palate?

• +1
Depends on severity. But imo if you have any sort of tie whether severe or not it’s worth addressing. Because it can only improve things, unless in your recovery or surgery you don’t do the stretches and it grows back more severe
Wdym by "addressing", releasing it?

• +1
Reactions: mvp2v1

Don't you have to fit the entire tongue in the entire palate? Sticking the tip of the tongue against the top can cause damage to the palate if you're developing and produce overjet

I had it in the start, all you need to do is to keep trying to mew and the tounge tie will become more flexible

tongue tie not going to affect mewing if you close your mouth and make sure no air inside your mouth, you just do it wrong