can i shoulder press every second day?

D

Deleted member 7076

Kraken
usually my program has me doing OHP with atleast 4 day rest

can i do it every second day?

so 1 day rest insstead of 4?

its my weakest lift, so its logical that i want to work on my biggest flaws first.

No. Give it enough time in between to recover unless you’re taking PEDs.

3 days a week, 3 sets per day

is that really too much?
You need 2 days to recover from workout on an individual body part assuming you’re natural. Do PPL 7 days per week.

PRESS EVERY FUCKING DAY u will be fine

• JFL
Reactions: Deleted member 7076
I'm about to tbh

• JFL
Reactions: Chintuck22
How long is a rope? (Inb4 rope puns)
If you do 2 sets of ohp 2 times a week you can also recover from 1 sets of ohp 4 times a week. Volume / time is the same.

you gotta have patience, dont hurt your body

I mean you can, but at shitty intensity think of like 50% of 1 rep max. Thats a good way to get better technique fast and make huge number gains because you become more proficient at the movement, but in terms of actual muscle gain its not worth. You need to go to failure or close to failure to actually build muscle, going to failure or close to is super taxing not only on the muscle but on your nervous system, ohp is not push ups or pull ups if you go to failure that shit taxes you like a bench press would.

Edit: and working on your weak parts is understandable, but from what im getting you're a noobie so your whole body is weak. Its like buying the latest graphics card on a pc that has a cpu from 2 billion years ago, just pointless. You need to work on your whole body as a whole, no point of targeting just certain muscle and giving them more attention.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: animo123
3 days a week, 3 sets per day

is that really too much?
9 sets a week.. of shoulder press
joking right?
i hope you're doing side raises as well

• Love it
Reactions: Deleted member 10330
usually my program has me doing OHP with atleast 4 day rest

can i do it every second day?

so 1 day rest insstead of 4?

its my weakest lift, so its logical that i want to work on my biggest flaws first.
Who cares if its the weakest, its arguably the least important of the main lifts (deadlifts ofc last).
Do it 1-2 times a week, progressive overload it. Make sure you do lots of side/rear delts as they are far more important (front delts get hit a lot doing chest anyway).

• Love it
Reactions: lejend