Can I take beta carotene w accutane

D

Deleted member 5927

Lurker
I want to get beta carotene skin color sooo bad. I'm in the middle of winter and everyone is becoming a cumskin and NOBODY has had a chance to get tan.

I'm on accutane though can I take it anyway or no?

I want to get beta carotene skin color sooo bad. I'm in the middle of winter and everyone is becoming a cumskin and NOBODY has had a chance to get tan.

I'm on accutane though can I take it anyway or no?
OP after Accutane

• JFL
Reactions: Dionysus, Deleted member 8165, Deleted member 6512 and 2 others
carotenoids = life

not only beta carotene, but also zeaxanthin, β-cryptoxanthin, α-carotene, lycopene and lutein

Yes, I remember looking it up while I was on accutane

Wouldn't that cause too much of accumulation of vitamin A and therefore higher chance of sides? not sure

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5634
Wouldn't that cause too much of accumulation of vitamin A and therefore higher chance of sides? not sure
that's what im asking i think it would be too much vitamin A which is dissapointing if true.

im already taking asthataxin though, I don't think that will cause any issues as far as i know

• +1
Reactions: gymislife
should I be ok then brocel?
I'm not sure if it's advised but I wouldn't worry too much. I was blasting 60mg of accutane daily + 1 tab of beta carotene and didn't have any side effect.

Drug interactions with isotretinoin
Care should be taken with the following medications:

• Vitamin-A (retinoic acid): side effects are cumulative and could be severe. Beta-carotene (provitamin-A) is permitted.
  • Tetracyclines (including doxycycline, minocycline): these could increase the risk of headaches and blurred vision due to raised intracranial pressure.
  • Warfarin: monitor INR carefully.
Here you go

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
that's what im asking i think it would be too much vitamin A which is dissapointing if true.

im already taking asthataxin though, I don't think that will cause any issues as far as i know
be careful because one of the sides from accutane is decreased libido, also astaxanthin is a strong natural dht inhibitor so keep that in mind

The term "provitamin" is used when it is desirable to label a substance with little or no vitamin activity, but which can be converted to an active form by normal metabolic processes. For example, "provitamin A" is a name for β-carotene,[1] which has only about 1/6 the biological activity of retinol (vitamin A); the body uses an enzyme to convert β-carotene to retinol. In other contexts, both β-carotene and retinol are simply considered to be different forms (vitamers) of vitamin A.

• +1
Reactions: Good_Little_Goy
be careful because one of the sides from accutane is decreased libido, also astaxanthin is a strong natural dht inhibitor so keep that in mind
bruh life is a scam legit every looksmax is a looksmin

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 5891 and gymislife
bruh ded srs should I just say fuck it and take beta carotene
Ofc, biological activity is linked to adverse effects. 1/6th of retinol's biological activity means it's very unlikely that you get any side effects.

Last edited:
Ofc, biological activity is linked to adverse effects. 1/6th of retinol's biological activity means it's very unlikely that you get any side effects.
I looked it up most ppl said they didn't get much benefit from either beta carotene or asthataxin.

idk what to do, I'm taking it rn but looksmaxxing is so difficult

I looked it up most ppl said they didn't get much benefit from either beta carotene or asthataxin.

I didn't get much benefit from beta carotene but I was probably under-dosing.
Either that or accutane nullified its effect.

been on beta carotene for like over a week now and see no real difference yet tbh

I have never tried beta carotene pills but when I drank lots of vegetable juices, primarily with carrot juice, my skin got a very noticeable "beta carotene tan glow" to it.
@ifyouwannabemylover @MiroslavBulldosex

Last edited: