can I thumbpull while wearing a retainer?

M

monkeyman296

Iron
I’ve been looking into thumb pulling to expand my upper palate but I was wondering how that would interact with my retainer. I wear it every night like my orthodontist told me to a year ago when I got my braces removed. Will this kill my gains with thumb pulling since the retainer was made in the shape of my original palate and could prevent them from moving at night? I’m afraid to stop using the retainer and risking my teeth reverting back to their original crooked position. I’m 15 almost 16 if that’s relevant let me know what you guys think

thumbcoping

I’ve been looking into thumb pulling to expand my upper palate but I was wondering how that would interact with my retainer. I wear it every night like my orthodontist told me to a year ago when I got my braces removed. Will this kill my gains with thumb pulling since the retainer was made in the shape of my original palate and could prevent them from moving at night? I’m afraid to stop using the retainer and risking my teeth reverting back to their original crooked position. I’m 15 almost 16 if that’s relevant let me know what you guys think
pull on back molars to push maxilla forward, trying to widen palate while wearing a retainer probably will have little to no effects.

pull on back molars to push maxilla forward, trying to widen palate while wearing a retainer probably will have little to no effects.
so do I stop wearing the retainer? I need to reduce by buccal corridors and have a wider smile