Can minoxidil grow velus/new follicles?

D

Deleted member 7725

Kraken
Would minoxidil or latisse be able to grow hair where it isn't already growing? I need to lengthen my eyebrows. Been using it for density and had decent results but length is still an issue.

Image0 10
Image1 2

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 13367
I think so since people with shit beard genetics were able to grow decent facial hair but im not sure about eyebrows tbh, though oral minoxidil makes hair grow everywhere on the body

Might work

• JFL
Reactions: Prettyboy
The hair follicle needs to be there. When you do it on your beard area it's expanding and opening up undergrown velus hair follicles that don't normally mature into full hairs. The extra growth encourages them to grow past their normal velus state into terminal hairs. Your scalp hair follicles are still there but they are miniaturized to point of not growing anymore. Dermapenning damages them enough to have to rebuild the hair follicle from scratch using your DNA. This newly repaired follicle more resembles a younger, less miniaturized hair follicle, allowing you to apply a growth stimulant and make them start sprouting again.

• Woah
Reactions: AsGoodAsItGets
The hair follicle needs to be there. When you do it on your beard area it's expanding and opening up undergrown velus hair follicles that don't normally mature into full hairs. The extra growth encourages them to grow past their normal velus state into terminal hairs. Your scalp hair follicles are still there but they are miniaturized to point of not growing anymore. Dermapenning damages them enough to have to rebuild the hair follicle from scratch using your DNA. This newly repaired follicle more resembles a younger, less miniaturized hair follicle, allowing you to apply a growth stimulant and make them start sprouting again.
I have a few terminal unibrow hairs, only like 3-4 though. Nothing in the area where I want it to grow.