Can One Become Muscular simply by Tensing the Desired Muscles Several Times a Day?

Can one become muscular simply by tensing the desired muscles (correctly done of course) several tim

• Yes

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • NO

Votes: 27 93.1%

• Total voters
Deleted member 1973

Deleted member 1973

pastebin.com/Tb8AYcyk
Can 'Posing' or Flexing your muscles isometrically make you bigger?​

Image result for flexing muscle

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Wtf, you're posting photos of some of the best bodybuilders out there who built their body by dedicating their lives to lifting weights, counting every calorie / macro and injecting themselves with multiple different androgens to reach superhuman hormonal levels over many years and you think sitting on your ass twitching your biceps is going to do it for you? :lul: :lul: :lul:

You already know the answer

• JFL
  • +1
Reactions: Lorsss, Deleted member 773, Deleted member 685 and 12 others
you're posting photos of some of the best bodybuilders out there who built their body by dedicating their lives to lifting weights, counting every calorie/macro and injecting themselves with multiple different andr blah blah blah blah
Nigga,

that's not what I meant.

I meant If I flex my muscles for a long period of time,

would I grow in size? Even if the results are minuscule.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 2227
Nigga,

that's not what I meant.

I meant If I flex my muscles for a long period of time,

would I grow in size? Even if the results are minuscule.

Nothing worthwhile. Lifting weight stimulates muscle growth by causing damage to the muscle fibres and strengthening neuromuscular connections. Twitching won't do anything significant. This is why those "ab" machines that use electricity to contract the muscle fibres to make them grow are bullshit.

TLDR take your ass to the gym and lift some damn weights

• +1
Reactions: Robocok, Deleted member 1973 and Deleted member 2227
Lifting weight stimulates muscle growth by causing damage to the muscle fibres and strengthening neuromuscular connections.
So I can't damage the muscle fibres by

putting a lot of stress on the arms & legs through Flexing?

I'm sure they'd grow a little bit, whether or not it's noticeable is another question. Think about contracting your abs constantly, it's not completely different than doing crunches.

• +1
Reactions: Deleted member 1973
So I can't damage the muscle fibres by

putting a lot of stress on the arms & legs through Flexing?

The stress on the muscle from flexing is not even comparable to the stress from lifting a weight.

• +1
The stress on the muscle from flexing is not even comparable to the stress from lifting a weight.
If it was comparable,

would it show results?

Yes bro better start asap

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: Deleted member 1973 and Patient A
Well Arnold Schwartznigger once said “Posing or Flexing your muscles isometrically, can indeed, make you bigger”

Take it or leave it you gay autist

• +1
  • Hmm...
Reactions: Wannabe6ft2 and Deleted member 1973
Wtf, you're posting photos of some of the best bodybuilders out there who built their body by dedicating their lives to lifting weights, counting every calorie / macro and injecting themselves with multiple different androgens to reach superhuman hormonal levels over many years and you think sitting on your ass twitching your biceps is going to do it for you? :lul: :lul: :lul:

You already know the answer
Brutal.

• +1
Reactions: ProjectAscension
Well Arnold Schwarzenegger once said “Posing or Flexing your muscles isometrically, can indeed, make you bigger”
Since when?

I asked this to my mom who is a bodybuilder and she said yes but its way harder than simply hitting the gym

• Woah
  • JFL
Reactions: Patient A and Deleted member 1973
its way harder than simply hitting the gym
Harder?

In taking a long time to gain muscle than simply going to the gym?

REPOST

04-27-2019, 10:30 PM
Yes, muscles only know tension and time under tension.

You can grow from isometric holds under load - example: a standing bicep flex is not under load, whereas if you lay under a table and flex *only* your biceps to raise yourself, they're under a lot of loads.

No-load = will take far too long, minimal results.

This can be good news though since if it's that bad, you can use the weight of your sofa, freezer, microwave etc. without the danger of trying to move them through a decent range of motion

Just don't expect great gains. If you've made gains before, they'll be slower doing this. This is only really effective for rank newbies, just like almost any 'heavy' (high-effort) resistance work is.
5'11 manlet CREW​

I DONT KNOW. YOU TELL ME!

• Woah
I DONT KNOW. YOU TELL ME!
REPOST

04-27-2019, 10:30 PM
Yes, muscles only know tension and time under tension.

You can grow from isometric holds under load - example: a standing bicep flex is not under load, whereas if you lay under a table and flex *only* your biceps to raise yourself, they're under a lot of loads.

No-load = will take far too long, minimal results.

This can be good news though since if it's that bad, you can use the weight of your sofa, freezer, microwave etc. without the danger of trying to move them through a decent range of motion

Just don't expect great gains. If you've made gains before, they'll be slower doing this. This is only really effective for rank newbies, just like almost any 'heavy' (high-effort) resistance work is.
5'11 manlet CREW​

"
Weights are merely a tool to recruit muscle fibres. If they can be recruited without resistance, what is the real difference?

Flexing can create some small amount of muscle, provided it is done hard enough to nearly cramp the muscle. It can surely help maintain muscle mass, as is often done in physical therapy.

As to building significant muscle mass...it is doubtful. People simply can't engage their muscles that hard without the assist of iron.
"

"
Weights are merely a tool to recruit muscle fibres. If they can be recruited without resistance, what is the real difference?

Flexing can create some small amount of muscle, provided it is done hard enough to nearly cramp the muscle. It can surely help maintain muscle mass, as is often done in physical therapy.

As to building significant muscle mass...it is doubtful. People simply can't engage their muscles that hard without the assist of iron.
"
just do calisthenics at home, bro

• +1
This is funny cause I was actually thinking this yesterday. There is definitely an old school train of thought that posing and flexing muscles between sets can indeed grow them further. And I know some gym goers that still do it.

I've been thinking of implementing this myself. Yesterday I trained chest.. when I got home I squeezed my pecs as hard as I good for 20 odd seconds and they cramped hard. Pretty good DOMS today

• +1
when I got home I squeezed my pecs as hard as I good for 20 odd seconds and they cramped hard. Pretty good DOMS today
Gonna give this a try.

i feel like it can work in theory

• +1