Can overjet of teeth cause a shorter philtrum?

coispet

coispet

Tarantino Enjoyer
IMG 1407

Wouldn’t it protrude the philtrum upwards giving the illusion of a shorter philtrum, I have slight overjet and a slightly longer philtrum would definitely ascend me or at least make me look a bit better

Thoughts?

• +1
Reactions: edodalic29
View attachment 2842060

Wouldn’t it protrude the philtrum upwards giving the illusion of a shorter philtrum, I have slight overjet and a slightly longer philtrum would definitely ascend me or at least make me look a bit better

Thoughts?
you should still fix it regardless if its going to affect your philtrum or not to save your lower third

• +1
Reactions: coispet
you should still fix it regardless if its going to affect your philtrum or not to save your lower third
My lower third is fine, I’ve already gotten Invisalign I’m paying on a monthly plan, just want to fix a tooth gap and overjet

Nah, I recently got braces and fixed my overjet and my philtrum looks the same

• +1
Whats ur chin/philtrum

Nah, I recently got braces and fixed my overjet and my philtrum looks the same
you didnt fix shit with braces lmao

literally all you did was recess your maxilla to fit with your recessed lower jaw, hopefully youre not too young and those bones are cemented already.

Last edited:
View attachment 2842060

Thoughts?
Just forward I have long philtrum and slight ovejtet

Probably not, might make it more concave
But it's mostly about tilt of the teeth. Teeth that don't tilt outwards slightly are subhuman cos it leads to a flatter philtrum

• +1
you didnt fix shit with braces lmao

literally all you did was recess your maxilla to fit with your recessed lower jaw, hopefully youre not too young and those bones are cemented already.
Do Elastics at 22 recess you or not?

Do Elastics at 22 recess you or not?
definitely have seen cases of braces giving people recession and breathing issues but thats accompanied by extractions. tbh you should be fine your bones are pretty solid it shouldnt shift your maxilla or anything. id do your own research though, jaw hacks is a cool channel on youtube and he talks about a lot of the bullshit in the orthodontics industry

definitely have seen cases of braces giving people recession and breathing issues but thats accompanied by extractions. tbh you should be fine your bones are pretty solid it shouldnt shift your maxilla or anything. id do your own research though, jaw hacks is a cool channel on youtube and he talks about a lot of the bullshit in the orthodontics industry
my case is interesting, I pm you

same issue , i think the illusion or a taller lower third and chin height will help give the illusion of a shorter philtrum because it’ll improve that ratio but harmony is also important keep in mind

• +1
yes, it will curl the philtrum slightly

• +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Jeww and coispet