Can PFL be increased past the sclera?

M

mentalillness1234

Iron
This person on Reddit had a canthoplasty done, which botched her and made too much of her conjunctiva visible (I measured it at about 3-4mm of open space).

Now, I want a lateral canthoplasty to make my eyes about anywhere from 0.5-2mm wider. But since my sclera doesn't extend this far, there would be conjunctiva visibility within this extended space I'm assuming like the person posted above. Would this conjunctiva visibility on the outer corner of the eye be acceptably natural-looking if it is only between 0.5-2mm of open space as opposed to 3-4mm?

I asked ChatGPT about conjunctiva visibility in the lateral canthus since I can't find any specific discussion about this anywhere and it said that small amounts of conjunctiva visibility or open space on the outer corner of the eye fall within the range of normal anatomical variations. Is this true? Because I can't find examples of eye areas where there is a small pink gap in between the sclera and lateral canthus. Would be amazing for me if this amount of conjunctiva visibility were feasible.

Last edited:
There are alternatives to achieve the 1:3 eye ratio. E.g. a lateral canthopexy combined with a lower eyelid retractor release (with or without a spacer graft). Narrowing vertically and pulling laterally can make your eyes appear horizontally wider.

There are alternatives to achieve the 1:3 eye ratio. E.g. a lateral canthopexy combined with a lower eyelid retractor release (with or without a spacer graft). Narrowing vertically and pulling laterally can make your eyes appear horizontally wider.
So is increasing horizontal width beyond the sclera not possible then? I want to increase PFL slightly not just its perceived width.

jfl at this dumb fuck

Is Alessandro Dellisola an example of someone who has longer PFL than their scleral width? The whites of his eyes look as though they don't fill in his entire eye width. Maybe this is the effect that would be created if the lateral canthus is widened beyond the sclera?
55b08c233c97875de38c18ef5276b532

Bump pls I need help. Would lateral epicanthoplasty be able to give me what I want?