Can some martial artscel explain to me how Kickboxing or BJJ would work in a real street fight

Account

Account

Large Subhuman
BJJ is coming from a point of ignorance so I will not say too much. I have no experience but I just see it as improbable. For example, rolling on the floor on concrete, no gi (not sure whats it called) getting head stomped by friends, stabbings (very common these days in my area)

Kickboxing I have some experience with. I sparred my friend at his gym a couple of times and man did his kicks hurts over time. Accumulative damage.

Front kicks to chest, leg kicks etc. But he stretched before hand, was wearing shorts, barefoot on mat so when he pivots much more speed, power, balance etc.

Now I sparred him in the school bathroom (just for fun). He could not kick above the waist, his shoes and lack of slippery surface made it hard to pivot and reduced his speed, power etc and the jeans reduce his mobility a lot, lack of space. So what I am getting at is that Kickboxing wont work as effectively in a street fight unless u wear ideal clothes and stretch and shit.

U set up your kicks with punches man. If u dont that shit is getting caught. In a street fight one punch is all u need so why pick kickboxing which has vastly inferior striking compared to boxing for punches

So in my opinion Boxing and Wrestling mogs

• +1
  • Woah
Reactions: latino_, Rt-Rust1, chaddyboi66 and 1 other person
@FailedNormieManlet

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet
BJJ is coming from a point of ignorance so I will not say too much. I have no experience but I just see it as improbable. For example, rolling on the floor on concrete, no gi (not sure whats it called) getting head stomped by friends, stabbings (very common these days in my area)

Kickboxing I have some experience with. I sparred my friend at his gym a couple of times and man did his kicks hurts over time. Accumulative damage.

Front kicks to chest, leg kicks etc. But he stretched before hand, was wearing shorts, barefoot on mat so when he pivots much more speed, power, balance etc.

Now I sparred him in the school bathroom (just for fun). He could not kick above the waist, his shoes and lack of slippery surface made it hard to pivot and reduced his speed, power etc and the jeans reduce his mobility a lot, lack of space. So what I am getting at is that Kickboxing wont work as effectively in a street fight unless u wear ideal clothes and stretch and shit.

U set up your kicks with punches man. If u dont that shit is getting caught. In a street fight one punch is all u need so why pick kickboxing which has vastly inferior striking compared to boxing for punches

using punches and low front kicks to control distance.

Taking someone down and Using jiujitsu to choke them out.

• +1
Reactions: MonoTBB

BJJ is bad for street fights if multiple people are involved, but tbh bro even if you know how to box, multiple people will fuck you up.

Reason BJJ works is because most fights end up in a clinch, but in boxing it gets seperated. Irl no ref to seperate the clinch and so during the clinch you can score a takedown or take the fight to the floor. Even if you are on the bottom you can still win fights because of BJJ, it lets you get armbars and chokes. But more often than not, you can also reverse that position and end up back on top. Normies won't know how to get out of such a shit position.

Kickboxing is good, but MT is better. Grappling mogs though in general.

I do think boxing is great too, but it becomes redundant once grappling gets involved

• +1
Reactions: Rt-Rust1, Danish_Retard, chaddyboi66 and 4 others
BJJ is bad for street fights if multiple people are involved, but tbh bro even if you know how to box, multiple people will fuck you up.

Reason BJJ works is because most fights end up in a clinch, but in boxing it gets seperated. Irl no ref to seperate the clinch and so during the clinch you can score a takedown or take the fight to the floor. Even if you are on the bottom you can still win fights because of BJJ, it lets you get armbars and chokes. But more often than not, you can also reverse that position and end up back on top. Normies won't know how to get out of such a shit position.

I do think boxing is great too, but it becomes redundant once grappling gets involved

Best not to go to the floor in a street fight since you can’t back out if they decide to slash you with a knife or something.

• +1
Reactions: Account and FailedNormieManlet
Yeah you cant go to the floor in streetfights or even slam. You do need to watch out for getting slammed tho.

The only reliable thing you would have is punches, elbows, knees (excluding weapons and running)

Boxing is still a big part of kickboxing, so it is preusmed you would still outbox an untrained normie. But yeah ofcourse boxing on its own is the ultimate street combat sport.

Not that I streetfight, but I think MT would be good for the knees and elbows. You might break your hand if you punch someone without a glove, but you won’t break your knee or elbow + they can do a lot more damage.

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66, FailedNormieManlet, n0rthface and 1 other person
for street fights just keep to the simple boxing with good takedown defense

but obviously being well rounded helps

• +1
Reactions: FailedNormieManlet and Account
Pretty much the first thing they teach in most martial art classes is that you run away from a knife.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and FailedNormieManlet

Yeah you cant go to the floor in streetfights or even slam. You do need to watch out for getting slammed tho.

The only reliable thing you would have is punches, elbows, knees (excluding weapons and running)

Boxing is still a big part of kickboxing, so it is preusmed you would still outbox an untrained normie. But yeah ofcourse boxing on its own is the ultimate street combat sport.

Not that I streetfight, but I think MT would be good for the knees and elbows. You might break your hand if you punch someone without a glove, but you won’t break your knee or elbow + they can do a lot more damage.
Muay Thai is the way to go for striking and even though there's a lot of overlap with general [Dutch style] "Kickboxing" it still mogs due to versatility with more strikes [elbows + knees] and clench work.

Although boxers tend to have better footwork and mogg MT fighters with their hands in the ring, since that's literally all they do, most MT fighters will still probably fuck them up in the street or even just in a fight without "boxing only" rules since they can just leg kick or trip them and know how to fight in the clench.

However, unless there are multiple opponents, BJJ or even wrestling mogs since most people still don't know how to fight on the ground and you'll probably win every time by just going in for a double leg and then choking him out or even just throwing wild haymakers/hammer fists.

If faced with multiple attackers though you'd want to avoid going to the ground and then try to line them up as best as possible and you'll have to keep moving in order to avoid them trying to surrounding you.

So it's for this reason that boxing would mogg on the street since it has the best footwork [even though MT style leg kicks sound nice for creating distance tbqh] but also try to mix in some MT clench work or basic stand up wrestling if you can.

With that being said though, honestly the best way to deal with multiple opponents is with a weapon of some sort.

Speaking of weapons like knives, bats, etc. some BJJ schools try to "train with knives" but you're pretty much fucked if someone pulls out a knife and actually tries to stab you whether you try to use BJJ, Kickboxing/MT, or really anything tbh since most "knife defense" doesn't even work ngl.

You're better off just running unless you also have a weapon on you tbh tbh.

• +1
Reactions: Umbra
Boxing for the hands + muay thai for the kicks, knees, elbows, clinch fighting + wrestling is the best combo for street fights

Majority can't take a proper 1 2 from a boxer, it's overkill if you incorporate kicks to the leg, knees and elbows.

Low and mid kicks are the best in street fights, although its risky from waist up to kick. A good low kick cuts their mobility, power, will and speed by like 50% or more

Jiu jitsu is complex since you're on the ground and you can get stomped or kicked in the groin or bitten depends, with wrestling you just slam the shit out of them

But avoid street fights at all costs, maybe at school to statusmaxx

Muay thai is faggot shit for nerds. Street fighting is all about punches and defense against punches. MMGay is a sport not street fighting despite what mma nerds think. Ask yourself which style will teach you boxing defense. The main dangers in a street fight is getting punched and getting slammed.

I've got a lot of friends who do BJJ and they're fucking insufferable to listen too.
They all think they could wreck a prime Mike Tyson in seconds due to their 6 month BJJ training or whatever. ''I'd just get him on the ground and then he's fucked blabla' kind of thing. Wheras in practice Mike would land a head shot or even a kidney shot as soon as the dude is remotely close and then it's game over
I'm personally not convinced at all that BJJ is the magic that all of the people who do it seem to think it is. As a group they are so fucking smug and in an actual fight i'd likely back someone who can box a bit, tbh.

Last edited:
  • +1
  • JFL
Reactions: Danish_Retard, zharupodrugu and lil truecel
I've got a lot of friends who do BJJ and they're fucking insufferable to listen too.
They all think they could wreck a prime Mike Tyson in seconds due to their 6 month BJJ training or whatever. ''I'd just get him on the ground and then he's fucked blabla' kind of thing. Wheras in practice Mike would land a head shot or even a kidney shot as soon as the dude is remotely close and then it's game over
I'm personally not convinced at all that BJJ is the magic that all of the people who do it seem to think it is. As a group they are so fucking smug and in an actual fight i'd likely back someone who can box a bit, tbh.
Go watch the early UFC. Pure grapplers generally beat pure strikers.

• +1
Reactions: Danish_Retard and chaddyboi66
sorry to revive this post but honestly regular wrestling fucking mogs by far. in general any wrestler who has general beginner striking skill will kick most peoples asses in street fights, especially if they’re above average in build. they don’t have to take it to the ground they can just slam

• +1
Reactions: chaddyboi66

• +1
Reactions: GuyFromSingapore