Can someone explain the steps to getting bimax from an overseas surgeon please?

bignosesmallchin

bignosesmallchin

World domination
I plan on getting bimax with ccw whenever I can afford it, which would be like right now if I wanted a canadian surgeon because it would likely be free, but I’ve heard canadian surgeons are terrible for bimax, so I’m likely gonna go to another country and get it for $20K or under from a good surgeon, what are the steps I should take? I will likely need braces first because I think I have a crossbite or just a malocclusion, so that would be the first step right?

And if I were to get braces before consulting with any surgeon, would I need braces again before the surgery?

Also how many trips will I need to take to see my desired surgeon, is everything leading up to the surgery done online? Like do I go to a clinic in my area, have xrays taken, and then send them to the surgeon overseas, or will I need to take multiple trips to see him in order to prep for the surgery? Hoping all I need to do is one trip there for the surgery and then back home.

I’d appreciate any advice I’m pretty lost on where to start.

1. Book a virtual consultation with a surgeon and come prepared with xrays, professional pictures, and CBCT. If you don't have these, you can call an oral surgeon's office and ask to pay for them or ask your orthodontist for them during a consultation. See what the process is for long-distance cooperation with orthodontics (surgery first, braces for 2 years first, etc)
2. Go to an orthodontist and see if you are a candidate to get functional surgery and if not, explain that you want it for cosmetics.
3. Explain to them that you are an utter autist who wants to go with an overseas surgeon instead of a local one and see if they will cooperate (many won't).
4. Once your teeth are in position according to your ortho, book a date with the surgeon and then go to an in-person consultation within the month of the surgery (or day before), but better for them to see you irl before doing the final planning. Then get surgery and stay there for as long as you need to.

Last edited:
  • +1
Reactions: A23ghskung and SOS-Sonic
1. Book a virtual consultation with a surgeon and come prepared with xrays, professional pictures, and CBCT. If you don't have these, you can call an oral surgeon's office and ask to pay for them or ask your orthodontist for them during a consultation. See what the process is for long-distance cooperation with orthodontics (surgery first, braces for 2 years first, etc)
2. Go to an orthodontist and see if you are a candidate to get functional surgery and if not, explain that you want it for cosmetics.
3. Explain to them that you are an utter autist who wants to go with an overseas surgeon instead of a local one and see if they will cooperate (many won't).
4. Once your teeth are in position according to your ortho, book a date with the surgeon and then go to an in-person consultation within the month of the surgery (or day before), but better for them to see you irl before doing the final planning. Then get surgery and stay there for as long as you need to.
Thank you so much man, and should I save up for braces right now then? Will I need to pay for the bimax once I have the operation done, or do I pay for the braces and bimax at the same time, would Invisalign also work, or only braces?

Thank you so much man, and should I save up for braces right now then? Will I need to pay for the bimax once I have the operation done, or do I pay for the braces and bimax at the same time, would Invisalign also work, or only braces?
Pay for braces monthly and then save up for bimax. You need braces.